Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Would you want to have an indoor paintball field in Baton Rouge, La?
Yes 34 94.44%
No 2 5.56%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-12-2012, 02:59 PM #1
Dirkinvog
Dirkinvog!!!

Dirkinvog has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Baton Rouge, La and the surrounding areas

Are there enough people playing paintball in the area that an indoor field could be a plausible business idea and would you want to have an indoor field? I'm thinking an indoor speedball and a scenario indoor field as well. I would have rental equipment, drinks, CO2, Compressed Air, and Field Paint Only.

Added question on 2/24/12:
Where would you like to see this business pop up if possible?

Last edited by Dirkinvog : 02-24-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Adding after reading many replies.
Dirkinvog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:01 PM #2
DAVE_M

DAVE_M posts videos on PbNation
DAVE_M plays in the APPA D5 division
DAVE_M is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
DAVE_M is Legendary
There was supposed to be one around Denham Springs at one point in time and it never was built.
DAVE_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:14 PM #3
BrHero225
ReFound Drive

BrHero225 plays in the PSP
BrHero225 is Legendary
That would be amazing... Any indoor field (non-reball) anywhere would be a big deal to us here. Plain and simple, the weather in Louisiana is very daunting. I know some players dont play certain weekends cause it can be very hot, very cold or raining sideways. It would help the sport in phenomenal ways here to put up something like that. It would be a game changer to have that option
LA Outlaws
Br Heroes

Sly Profit in good condition for sale with 2 lenses
Bring me an I4 or a grill
pm me
BrHero225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:22 PM #4
ooo itz nasty

people charge way to much fOR people to come back to the sport charging 70 dollar's a case and 20 for feild is crazy 20 buck's a person bring your own paint you would be the number 1 feild in thE area.. I would play everyday.. You also need to know how to run a buisness.
AS READING FEILD PAINT ONLY YOU MINE AS WELL STOP THINKING ABOUT YOUR IDEA IT WILL CRASH FASTER THAN YOU CAN FIND A SPOT TO BUILD A FEILD..
ooo itz nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:24 PM #5
ooo itz nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo itz nasty View Post
people charge way to much fOR people to come back to the sport charging 70 dollar's a case and 20 for feild is crazy 20 buck's a person bring your own paint you would be the number 1 feild in thE area.. I would play everyday.. You also need to know how to run a buisness.
AS READING FEILD PAINT ONLY YOU MINE AS WELL STOP THINKING ABOUT YOUR IDEA IT WILL CRASH FASTER THAN YOU CAN FIND A SPOT TO BUILD A FEILD..
A FEILD BY MY HOUSE LASTED 12 YEARS NOT DOING FEILD PAINT THE NEXT YEAR THE CLOSED BECAUSE PAINT STARTED AT 50 A CASE AND WENT UP TO 75 A CASE..
Old 02-12-2012, 06:36 PM #6
sidvicious08
HEAT

Annual Supporting Member
sidvicious08 plays in the PSP
sidvicious08 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sidvicious08 supports Team VICIOUS
sidvicious08 plays in the APPA D4 division
sidvicious08 supports Empire
indoor PSP field with Nitro fill would be glorious....good idea
sidvicious08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:35 PM #7
tpittm2

would love it but there are a number of factors that inhibit success.....this was tried a few years back with limited success.
#1 SPACE ( assuming it would only be open weekends and limited weekdays during summer)
2 Lighting (as experienced in the past it is almost impossible to light an indoor field, and if you do you can expect electric bills in the THOUSANDS a month)
3 Insurance (not sure if it is more for indoor or not but Randy would know)
4 support (every one knows support is the most difficult part of PB and the lack of support from woods ball{core of any field} players is the determent.
5 Ballers who would play speedball on a regular basis wont PAY the kinda fees a indoor field would need to play (FACT)

good luck and I'm not trying to bring yall down but just stating my opinion. I wish for the best and would do what ever i can to support it
OLD SCHOOL BALLER FROM THE LATE 90'S
LAX is where I play
http://www.facebook.com/TravisAP

Last edited by tpittm2 : 02-12-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: cant spell
tpittm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:35 PM #8
shed337

shed337 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'd go. Sounds nice but will it happen?
shed337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:22 PM #9
ooo itz nasty

^^ feel the same way as tpitt better of buying a few acres and building on with old tires and random thing's save alot of money
Old 02-13-2012, 08:22 AM #10
Dirkinvog
Dirkinvog!!!

Quote:
I have a degree in business management and the whole reason for field paint only is for safety. People are dangerous and stupid, thus you end up having people bring in frozen paintballs and hurt people. This is why the field in Denham Springs was shut down many years ago. I would have cheaper paint and more expensive paint. Nothing wrong with $40 Stings (2000 ball case), but you wouldn't have to buy a whole case either, you could buy a bag of 500 if that's all you need.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:45 AM #11
Dirkinvog
Dirkinvog!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpittm2 View Post
would love it but there are a number of factors that inhibit success.....this was tried a few years back with limited success.
#1 SPACE ( assuming it would only be open weekends and limited weekdays during summer)
2 Lighting (as experienced in the past it is almost impossible to light an indoor field, and if you do you can expect electric bills in the THOUSANDS a month)
3 Insurance (not sure if it is more for indoor or not but Randy would know)
4 support (every one knows support is the most difficult part of PB and the lack of support from woods ball{core of any field} players is the determent.
5 Ballers who would play speedball on a regular basis wont PAY the kinda fees a indoor field would need to play (FACT)

good luck and I'm not trying to bring yall down but just stating my opinion. I wish for the best and would do what ever i can to support it
#1 Space - yes weekends for the most part or at least at first.
#2 Lighting - this is something that can be handled and at less of a cost these days thanks to energy savers.
#3 Insurance - this is something I still have to look into because I do believe that insurance will be quite expensive. I am looking into the legal aspects of 'At Your Own Risk" waivers to be signed by players or parents. This may lower insurance cost some.
#4 Support - Do you mean support as in the support of customers or the support for fixing people's equipment?
#5 Price to play - I don't wanna charge too much, I am hoping to make more money on rentals/ paint/air/ect...
Old 02-13-2012, 10:12 AM #12
cajunpballer

Awesome Idea

I know that there have been multiple attempts in BR over the years and none have been truly successful for the long term. I believe that the key would be to keep it as simple as possible. I remember the old Baton Rouge Paintball and it seemed as if they tried to do too much, they had a massive building on Florida, three fields a full snack bar and an electric bill that had to be through the roof. I believe that an indoor field, done simpler and promoted better would be successful here.

I would also love to help in any way possible to see paintball make a resurgence in BR.
cajunpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 AM #13
crippy02
Dat Coonass

crippy02 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crippy02 is for the Gunfight
crippy02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been tossing around this idea, but the biggest thing I've run into is keeping the floors cleaned in between games. Paint is slippery when it's smushed all over the floor...

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:53 AM #14
cajunpballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippy02 View Post
I've been tossing around this idea, but the biggest thing I've run into is keeping the floors cleaned in between games. Paint is slippery when it's smushed all over the floor...
the key would be to do enough experimenting with flooring options to find something that would have to be cleaned as little as possible and not in between every game.

I have played a few times in covington at the reball place there, I wonder how some sort of artificial turf would do with real paint? Most of the real paint indoor fields that I have found are using it and they don't have to clean but once or twice a night.
cajunpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:56 PM #15
DAVE_M

DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunpballer View Post
the key would be to do enough experimenting with flooring options to find something that would have to be cleaned as little as possible and not in between every game.

I have played a few times in covington at the reball place there, I wonder how some sort of artificial turf would do with real paint? Most of the real paint indoor fields that I have found are using it and they don't have to clean but once or twice a night.
Artificial Turf and paint makes for a very slippery experience. The easiest way to keep it clean is to spray it down with water and brush most of the water away or have a built in drainage system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkinvog View Post
I have a degree in business management and the whole reason for field paint only is for safety. People are dangerous and stupid, thus you end up having people bring in frozen paintballs and hurt people. This is why the field in Denham Springs was shut down many years ago. I would have cheaper paint and more expensive paint. Nothing wrong with $40 Stings (2000 ball case), but you wouldn't have to buy a whole case either, you could buy a bag of 500 if that's all you need.
Have you ever run a business? A degree in today's world is just a piece of paper. Experience is what counts.

To my knowledge, the field in indoor field Denham Springs was never built.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM #16
ooo itz nasty

lol 40 buck's a case isnt bad and as a owner you think you would check paint and ref's would check paint besides you can go to jail for shooting frozen paintball's for attempted murder so who would do that??
Old 02-13-2012, 04:58 PM #17
Dirkinvog
Dirkinvog!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
Artificial Turf and paint makes for a very slippery experience. The easiest way to keep it clean is to spray it down with water and brush most of the water away or have a built in drainage system.

Have you ever run a business? A degree in today's world is just a piece of paper. Experience is what counts.

To my knowledge, the field in indoor field Denham Springs was never built.
I've been in Management before, just not something like this business.
You learn a lot about running a business while studying to obtain a degree in Business Mgmt fyi.

There has never been an indoor field in DS to my knowledge either, but there was an outdoor field (which is what I was referring to). It was where Clegg's now stands. My uncle use to play there.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 PM #18
Dirkinvog
Dirkinvog!!!

Quote:
lol 40 buck's a case isnt bad and as a owner you think you would check paint and ref's would check paint besides you can go to jail for shooting frozen paintball's for attempted murder so who would do that??
Although I could check paint, I am also looking to make a profit without charging a rediculous amount just to play.
And you would be shocked at people's ignorance.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:06 PM #19
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
We have artificial turf at kick'n. We've been playing on it for about 4 months now and its not slippery.

Lighting an indoor field isn't cheap either
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:34 PM #20
DAVE_M

DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkinvog View Post
I've been in Management before, just not something like this business.
You learn a lot about running a business while studying to obtain a degree in Business Mgmt fyi.

There has never been an indoor field in DS to my knowledge either, but there was an outdoor field (which is what I was referring to). It was where Clegg's now stands. My uncle use to play there.
If you are referring to LAdrenaline paintball, it was not closed down due to frozen paintballs. I could get into details, but this is far from the truth.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:44 PM #21
Dirkinvog
Dirkinvog!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
If you are referring to LAdrenaline paintball, it was not closed down due to frozen paintballs. I could get into details, but this is far from the truth.
I do not know what the name of it was, but that's what I heard from multiple people...
ReplyRegional Ups