PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-06-2012, 01:07 PM #64
Buckshots Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod

I normally shoot an EGO8 or a Macdev Clone; the weight is spread out further. On the GI50 however, the entire weight of the marker is further back. Not to mention, the barrel reminds me of the stainless steel freak backs. It's a tight package, it's just heavy/slightly bulky for someone who is use to being a frontman playing speedball.

oh, and there's nothing ironic with that statement. It may be funny, but it's not ironic. Irony would be me complaining about the weight, and then shooting a shoebox shocker with a scuba-tank.
But your comparing a tactical marker to speedball marker. GI has 3 markers available like your used to shooting. The GI50 is basically the same as a GOG G1
Aim for Perfection... 2 Cor. 13:11

Buckshots Paintball
Calera, Ok
(580)434-2112
www.buckshots68.com
Buckshots Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2012, 03:25 PM #65
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Correct. most regular players (even woodsball players) are shooting egos/eteks/mid to high end spoolies. That's not to say I don't see an A5 every day, it's just that these markers are becoming mainstreamed.

For the price, that's what I could afford. Most people aren't going to drop $600+ on the nano or impulse until they know that .50 is a stable platform.

to add, I also had an SP1. While the weight distribution of the marker itself was similar, the barrel was longer, although the same weight which made it balance better when fully-loaded. The GI50 barrel is LITERALLY a brick in and among itself. I really do think that the barrel could be made lighter, in turn making the gun less front-heavy.
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote