PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2012, 06:59 PM #1
fatboy6969
LULZ:its wat i do things4

fatboy6969 plays in the APPA D4 division
Eye Problem

I'm having an issue with my LCD Matrix firing when there is no paint in the breech. I searched around but couldn't find anything on this specific problem. If I set my LCD board up to shoot slower than 13ish bps, it operates as it should. If it's set up to shoot faster (18ish) then it will start to fire before the loader was able to feed paint in. So I'll be shooting it fine, and then when I get on it then gun will start dry-firing until I stop to allow a ball to feed, break a ball that probably got clipped by the bolt seven or eight times or randomly after four to ten+ shots. This is happening with a Reloader B2 with fresh batteries and I've tried it with two brand new energizer 9v's in the gun. All of the plugs are all the way in the board and I don't think any wires are pinched because the frame hasn't been taken off in months. Nothing has changed since this started happening, the eyes are clean and they do function properly at low rates of fire. But it will go on these random spurts of shooting fast when paint hasn't loaded yet. Has anyone seen this problem? I would like to have an answer by Sunday but if not then I will try to get a video while I'm at the field. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
fatboy6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2012, 03:12 AM #2
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Tested to see if there's any kind of rollback/rollforward?
Are the detents fresh?
Tried a different loader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy6969 View Post
If I set my LCD board up to shoot slower than 13ish bps, it operates as it should. If it's set up to shoot faster (18ish) then it will start to fire before the loader was able to feed paint in.
Sounds to me like the loader isn't keeping up at the 18+.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
FS SFL 2009 FS
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:36 AM #3
fatboy6969

It also does this with the breech off. I'll walk the trigger and quickly put my finger in front of the eyes and remove it. It'll shoot sometimes seven or eight shots after my finger is out before it stops on its own.

The ball stays in place pretty well, the detents have the o-ring mod through them because of how small the field's paint is, and I have not tried a different loader. This one has hit 17-18 bps before, but not with the eyes off. I've had similar issues before where a gun will break paint at 12 bps eyes off with a certain loader, but that same setup will go 17+ with eyes on. I guess there are small gaps here and there that are causing the issues but in this case the bolt is going fast enough that it won't let the ball fall into the breech.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:17 PM #4
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

I would go down the list and check everything such as like V said ball detents if their not sticking out enough your hopper could be pushing the balls past the detents maybe even double feeding,make sure your lpr is adj right so its not blasting the ball with too much force,your bolt should be smooth and not bind change orings if necessary.What board do you have in it and whats it set at? Dwell,ROF etc.I would also check the eyes physically to check for pinched or even loose connectors,where the wire is crimped to the connector just to make sure its not cutting in and out with a bad connection.Also make sure your only using Energizer or Duracell as these guns require good power to function correctly and cheap batteries dont do it.

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
SPYDRMN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:33 PM #5
MaToCa
www.FXAnodizing.com

MaToCa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MaToCa has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The fact that its doing it with the breech off, he has something else going on. Do you have another LPR to test with?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3998482
Anodizing
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3719499

War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
MaToCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:59 PM #6
fatboy6969

SPYDR- The detents don't allow for much movement and I know it's not double feeding. I was having that problem a while ago so I did the o-ring through the detent trick. The bolt is a polished stock bolt, the LPR is adjusted as low as the gun will allow, and the dwell is high enough that FSDO isn't a huge problem unless it sits for a about 15 minutes. I stumbled upon the stock LCD board's ability to hold the bolt forward as long as the trigger is pulled if the bottom button is held in while shooting, so FSDO isn't a big concern anyway. As far as ROF goes, I have it capped at 14bps right now but if I drop the back pulse to make it shoot any faster then it starts to have this problem. Everything in the frame looks good but I haven't had it off yet to look at the wires the rest of the way up. I only run Duracell or Energizer batteries and it does do it with brand new batteries.

MaToCa- I don't have another LPR to test. The PBC that came with the gun had problems so it was replaced with a brand new SCM3 and it has been problem free ever since (unless it turns out to be causing this issue).
Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 PM #7
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

Sometimes the breech can be a little off too and block the eyes,I had a breech that wouldnt let the eyes work.Try a different breech if you can also try setting the stock board to 12 and 35 which is pretty standard.If your bolt isnt smooth and free you have to compensate for that which means putting up the lpr to make it fire,which isnt good for the gun and you run the risk of damaging or tweeking your bolt.If you want you can send it to me and Id be more than happy to solve the problem,just pay for the shipping and Ill do it for free and you can send it to the shop I tech for in Chino Ca near world famous SC Village.lmk and gl

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM #8
MaToCa
www.FXAnodizing.com

MaToCa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MaToCa has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
It also does this with the breech off. I'll walk the trigger and quickly put my finger in front of the eyes and remove it. It'll shoot sometimes seven or eight shots after my finger is out before it stops on its own.
This is why I think it has nothing to do with the eyes. Possibly the board, but I doubt it. Wheres Bones?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3998482
Anodizing
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3719499

War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
MaToCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:06 AM #9
fatboy6969

Unfortunately the only other board I have is an LCD that originally came with it that needed to be replaced due to the power button not working. And as I said before, the bolt is polished (about as smooth as it gets) and the LPR is at the lowest possible presure that will allow the gun to reliably cycle.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM #10
TaggRat

TaggRat owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
might be worth spending the $15-20 to get another board and test.
TaggRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:29 AM #11
fatboy6969

Yeah, are the LCD boards known to be unreliable? I think this is the third one I've had so far that has had some sort of issue. Also, as i mentioned earlier I love the feature that allows you to hold the bolt forward as long as you want. Do any other boards offer this? I don't like using FSDO settings or anything that modifies the operation of the gun beyond my control so I would prefer to keep this feature.

Last edited by fatboy6969 : 02-03-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:16 PM #12
BonesJackson
Legendary

Quote:
Yeah, are the LCD boards known to be unreliable? I think this is the third one I've had so far that has had some sort of issue. Also, as i mentioned earlier I love the feature that allows you to hold the bolt forward as long as you want. Do any other boards offer this? I don't like using FSDO settings or anything that modifies the operation of the gun beyond my control so I would prefer to keep this feature.
Yes, horribly unreliable. Also what setting that 'holds the bolt forward as long as you want'?
BonesJackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:23 PM #13
fatboy6969

With the gun in "Live" mode, if you hold the bottom button on the LCD board the word "BOLT!" appears around the same area as the "POW!" At that time, if you press and hold the trigger the gun will shoot and the bolt will stay in the forward position until you release the trigger. It's perfect for FSDO becuase I just hold the button and trigger in until the first shot fires and then it's smooth sailing for the rest of the game. I'm assuming it was designed as a way to ensure your front tail o-ring was sealing off the dump chamber, it's similar to the sniper mode you see on some e-cockers where the bolt is opened and closed with the same timing as the pull and release of the trigger.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:19 PM #14
BonesJackson
Legendary

I... I had no idea. Neato!
BonesJackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM #15
fatboy6969

Yep. I also found out that if you go to the screen where it shows you the serial number, the middle button tests/activates the beeper on the board and the bottom one does the vibrator (sounds dirty, I know haha). I guess having unofficial A.D.D. and always messing with **** comes in handy sometimes haha.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:00 PM #16
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

It's kinda like how you can push the orange button on the bottom of the noid to pressurize the system to check for leaks.

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
Old 02-03-2012, 03:05 PM #17
fatboy6969

Right, just more convenient if you have a working board.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:30 PM #18
cliffg8
Geeezer CPPA #1643

cliffg8 is a Supporting Member
Had an old LCD do that because of switch bounce. The trigger throw was set so tight that the little movement caused by they bolt moving would cause the switch to complete the connection like a trigger pull. First time it happened I readjusted the trigger. 2nd time I replaced the trigger switch on the board with a "cherry" brand switch. This cured the problem.
cliffg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 PM #19
fatboy6969

But the fact that there is nothing in the breech and that the eyes are functional shouldn't make it shoot when there is no paint. So even if the switch was bouncing then it should make the gun wait until paint was present to shoot, right?