PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2012, 07:52 PM #1
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Looking for a rotating turret

I will be converting my turret system from fixed to rotating for my tank. Not sure I am going to have the time to build a new turret before the Spring games gets here. Does anyone out there have a decent tank turret with a rotating system that would sell me. I dont need any weaponry. But if its apart of the turret will discuss options.

Please contact me via email at cromagtanker@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Armor
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2012, 07:58 PM #2
N2extreme1

I have one but I think it might be spoken for. I'll keep u posted.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:49 PM #3
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends V
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VI
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
DeadeyeDante supports Empire
I know this is a little unrelated, but I honestly hope to see one of your tanks some day CroMag, they always look and sound totally boss!
E-Flex Army
DeadeyeDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:34 PM #4
hardboy

Get your self a Pallet Carousel.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...tag-_-Material Handling>Pallets + Pallet Handling-_-143431
The Black Korps

Last edited by hardboy : 01-28-2012 at 10:36 PM.
hardboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:02 AM #5
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I keep seeing three basic turret designs. Which way are you going?

The Pallet Carousel as mentioned which is $400+ delivered.

The floor mounted pivoting support. Usually a welded up axle bearing mounted to the floor. A chair attached to it so the gunner rotates with the turret and turns it using his feet freeing up both hands for gunning. From the back of the chair, the turret support goes up and the turret frame welded to it.

The rest are some type of track where the turret rolls around on. Kind of like the pallet rack but cheaper to build in theory. The problem usually being making something ROUND that is 40 inches or so in diameter.

This is what I researched to use. Round clothing displays.

http://www.kc-store-fixtures.com/round_racks.php

When you go to the website they have 42" add on rings for $32. "g" in the image. The bottom ring.

Went to the mall and wandered around to look at some. Made the mistake of wandering into Victoria's Secret and the girl asked if she could assist me. Told her I was just there to look at their racks.... She misunderstood...

Anyway, they looked very usable for a turret track... Some V rollers top and bottom times 4 of them should do the trick. My original application would be a camper shell turret and I would drive the truck to the game. Thus I would have to remove the turret for the road trip and have some assembly required at the game. Otherwise I would have TJ's problem of getting stopped by the cops every 30 minutes driving down the interstate. So I was designing a quick install/uninstall turret. Unbolt two of the bottom rollers and slide it off the ring.

I went to see the tank on tank battle at OK D Day. Watched a tank hit a hole and bounce the turret off the track. The only thing that kept it from falling completely off the vehicle just happened to be the gunners body that got pretty chewed up before they got stopped and got it off of him. It wasn't that light of a turret. I decided a LIGHT turret that is mostly netting was the way to go. And the bottom roller or at least a safety L bracket to keep it from bouncing off.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 01-29-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 AM #6
JESTERTLS

Treaddz,

Let me take a look at my old turret off my first tank. Its been sitting in the weeds since 08 so before I say I have one, let me check its over all condition. If its still sound, you can have it.

Nothing fancy. Its basicly a big cube with three sides netted in. Should still spin alright.

I'll check it this evening after I get off work and hit you with an email.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:48 PM #7
TJ Allcot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Otherwise I would have TJ's problem of getting stopped by the cops every 30 minutes driving down the interstate.
Hey! I've never actually been stopped by the cops for the Panther, lol. I suspect that any cop that thought about doing so decided it wasn't worth forever being known as the 'Tank Cop' back at their precinct. You know I'd send holiday tank cards to them at their precinct for like forever afterwards.

So far the only times I've had to deal with the police related to the tank have been:

Getting yelled at for being an idiot standing in the middle of Broadway in Times Square taking pictures of the tank while the light was red. Don't think he even saw the tank

Getting yelled at for hitting/tapping a bridge/'L' train support I-beam that I had gotten stuck between the rear bumper and the trailer in the Bronx instead of hitting the *&$%#! that cut me off. Not sure if they saw the tank and I was never so relieved to see a couple of cops in my life.

Getting a rather sarcastic 'Oh I'm scared now' from one cop just before we entered the Lincoln tunnel leaving Manhattan as his partner laughed. They definitely saw the tank

Being told to move over more to the left by a cop directing traffic on 42nd street in Manhattan. Don't know if she even saw the tank and I'm still amazed that I didn't clip her with the trailer since she turned around and ignored me after telling me to move.

Had a NJ highway patrol pull up along side of us just before the last exit to the Outer bridge one night. That one just checked out the tank with their light for a bit and pulled off on the exit.

You know I'm starting to think I should avoid taking the Panther through Manhattan and onto the Cross Bronx (I hate that road anyway).

Dawn's Panther, Special Ops Trading Card Tank #0002
Sponsored by:

Cousins, Tippmann,
Allied with, Blues Crew
Friends w/,Engler Custom Guns,Draxxus,Planet Eclipse,Bea Youngs,Bear Claw PB,OA PB
And lots of others.
TJ Allcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:26 PM #8
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Turret quest over

Thanks to CD Paintball field, NC. Because of field owner Ken I now have a rotating turret. This past weekend I made the trek to NC to check out what turrets they had around the field. He gave me his spare commanders cupola that could have been mounted on his big Panzer. He had plans to mount it on another tank. I can convert this cupola into a rotating turret without to many problems and it looks perfect on my tank. Its of a scaled design and has really improved the looks of my tank. So CroMag Skunk Works will be in full operation in the next few weeks to come up with a ring design, mount, and make a few minor changes. Thanks to all of you who responded and provided info. Jester, Sorry I missed you on Saturday.

Thanks again Ken and Ferg. I'll make you proud when you see it at Fulda Gap!

Treaddz (Nelson) aka WV Tanker Man
Team CroMagnum Armor
Old 03-19-2012, 09:27 PM #9
hardboy

Post A Picture Of Your New Tank. When You Get A Chance ,,, Of Course.
The Black Korps
hardboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 PM #10
Blitz18
Member of WCP

CroMagnum, cant wait to see it at fulda this year! If your playin Warsaw ill be happy to fight by your side but if your Nato, you will have my nerfs shipped your way real fast! : )
BLITZ'S YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBLITZCAM
WCP YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/wcpclan
WCP WEBSITE: http://www.wcpclan.com/WCPclan/Home.html
Blitz18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:01 PM #11
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Blitz,

I am really amazed how this new turret has improved the looks of my tank. It just looks like it belongs there. My other turrets always looked to big and bulky. Cannot wait to get it mounted and taken for a field test. I have many changes beside the new turret to make though before it hits the field again. That will probably be in April/May time frame. Now as for Fulda Gap in November. I would be proud to play on the same side as you. But at this time I havnt decided what side I will be on. It doesnt really matter to me whom I play with. I will check with Ferg in Sep/Oct to see what side he wants me to play on.

Thanks for responding.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Armor