Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2012, 05:14 PM #1
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious

pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
How bad did the NPPL mess up?

Bad in my opinion with the new pricing and RF chips how you only get 7 or 5 depending on division
Mile High Saints #21

Last edited by pballerfolife21 : 02-02-2012 at 05:16 PM.
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2012, 05:35 PM #2
Livinlife11
Accuracy, not by volume.

Livinlife11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Livinlife11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Livinlife11 supports Pev's Paintball
Livinlife11 plays in the APPA D4 division
Like other people have said... Tournament level set up's cost more than $1,000 and in upwards of $3,000... Travel to most tourney's (unless you are lucky and are local for one) cost in the middle hundreds four or five times a year... and some people are complaining about a $60 chip for a back up gun (which by the way means they have spent $ for two set up's)... I just don't get it... If people are that hard up for $60, you should probably get your money situation in order and get out of paintball...
Check-It Paintball Store (RIP)
DYE
VALKEN
Livinlife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:36 PM #3
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Hahaha I love how Raehl put down that he is not playing this year now. lol. Yes Chris because im sure you had every intention of playing the NPPL for the 2012 season. This is why these polls are pointless. The majority of people that post dont play, and have no intention of ever playing this sport. They are either trolling or trying to start some ****.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 PM #4
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious

pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinlife11 View Post
Like other people have said... Tournament level set up's cost more than $1,000 and in upwards of $3,000... Travel to most tourney's (unless you are lucky and are local for one) cost in the middle hundreds four or five times a year... and some people are complaining about a $60 chip for a back up gun (which by the way means they have spent $ for two set up's)... I just don't get it... If people are that hard up for $60, you should probably get your money situation in order and get out of paintball...
your right...not lets say your team has 3 back up guns thats $180? ill just go ahead and grab that outta my *** no they should give each 7 man team 10 and each 5 man 7-8 it just how it is or make em cheaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
Hahaha I love how Raehl put down that he is not playing this year now. lol. Yes Chris because im sure you had every intention of playing the NPPL for the 2012 season. This is why these polls are pointless. The majority of people that post dont play, and have no intention of ever playing this sport. They are either trolling or trying to start some ****.

I do play thats why im upset not trolling here my friend
Mile High Saints #21
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:24 PM #5
Johnnymac631

Johnnymac631 plays in the PSP
Johnnymac631 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Johnnymac631 is an NCPA player
Johnnymac631 plays in the APPA D3 division
There's no reason to put a poll up saying how much you dislike the nppl, they offer a alternative professional league and also nppl is elevating the game to new heights not trying to make it harder on players . Although I will admit ; the nppl has had a few issues coming into the 2012 season but that is no reason to bash them and say you will not play before the series even starts. I think every one should enjoy the fact that they have brought back hb for 10 seasons now and untill a issue is made during the season to than raise alarm
Of how bad the nppl has become.

Benefit of the doubt untill the season starts nppl ftw

Play the Quickshot 3 man Paintball 2014 Series !
Johnnymac631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:08 AM #6
Livinlife11
Accuracy, not by volume.

Livinlife11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Livinlife11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Livinlife11 supports Pev's Paintball
Livinlife11 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballerfolife21 View Post
your right...not lets say your team has 3 back up guns thats $180? ill just go ahead and grab that outta my *** no they should give each 7 man team 10 and each 5 man 7-8 it just how it is or make em cheaper
No, it's still $60... Per Person... And my argument still stands if one person had all three back up guns... If they can afford 4 tourney level set ups, they can afford an extra $180...

It amazes me how much Paintballers complain... I also play softball and every year leagues make certain bats illegal from the year before thus making some people go out and buy a new bat... rarely do you hear people complaining about that... Its just a cost of playing the sports you like...
Check-It Paintball Store (RIP)
DYE
VALKEN
Livinlife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:22 AM #7
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Only downside to this year is the increase in entry, but like livin said, it is part of the sport. If you don't want to compete in a national event, then there are plenty of regional leagues worth playing. It will still be fun to play on the beach.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 AM #8
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Increase in entry = increase in prize package...or so I hope. I don't play in the NPPL, but I really don't see the big deal. We can't say that the NPPL is messing up, considering we're not even at the 1st event of the year. The only way we can say they messed up is at the end of the season and the negatives of playing outweigh the positives.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:36 PM #9
jmac

has been a member for 10 years
jmac plays in the PSP
jmac plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinlife11 View Post
No, it's still $60... Per Person... And my argument still stands if one person had all three back up guns... If they can afford 4 tourney level set ups, they can afford an extra $180...

It amazes me how much Paintballers complain... I also play softball and every year leagues make certain bats illegal from the year before thus making some people go out and buy a new bat... rarely do you hear people complaining about that... Its just a cost of playing the sports you like...
You're comparing paintball costs to softball costs for a bat?

$180 is your hotel room money, now spent on a chip. It's just a useless added cost. Who cares if I spent a grand on the gun, a grand on paint, and a grand on flights. Why make it cost that much more?

There are things called budgets. Let's say I break my budget down to needing gas for the rental car, or my back up guns extra chip...
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:19 PM #10
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
I like how you only have negative answers in your polling options.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:03 PM #11
chevota

I personally think this is just dumb move.K i understand what they r trying to do,but ramp would do the same thing if your going to do race to why not just use ramp (which everyone already has in there gatz) or just leave it in the pro divison. my point is that i was thinking of play the NPPL when they come to Vancouver but i'm not wasting $180 bucks to play one event.if all r local tourys were this way no problem but there not so why waste $180? and the money is not the problem.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:31 PM #12
hobojoe15
the pwnrer

hobojoe15 is an NCPA player
hobojoe15 plays in the APPA D4 division
honestly I don't understand the complaint about the price bump NPPL is trying to make our sport appeal to a broader base by using statistics to make it interesting and give spectators a better idea of whats going on. The price of entry didn't increase that much in fact they increased about the cost of the chips there giving you for playing. looking at this long term it makes a ton of sense