Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 AM #1
archanglmikel

"Scouge is at the Gates" LLV prequel fiction.

I wrote a short piece of prequel fiction for the game. Feel free to comment your reveiw!

"Scourge is at the Gates"

Emperor Maximus had awoken before dawn, his rest disturbed with violent visions. He walked to the high windows of the old Spanish church he had made his palace. Looking out across the forest valley in the predawn light he could see wisps of smoke drifting up above the canopy of leaves.

"Scourge ante portes," he whispered to the view.

The curtain behind him parted as his senior aid entered the room.

"Emperor, I have dire news!" Protectores Cilio spat out.

"Yes, I know." Maximus said dryly. "I see the fires myself. How did the Horde get this close to the village undetected?"

"We don't know at this time but we believe our outposts must have been overrun before having a chance to send word of the attack." Cilio pulled a map book from his satchel and spread it open on a table. "It will take an hour, maybe two to have the legions ready to defend us, sir. By then the Horde will have pushed past the outer and primary lines." He traced his finger across the line penned along the map.

Maximus stared at the map, brow furrowed in thought. "We need time. I will buy it for us."

Maximus walked over to the wall at the back of the room and opened a cabinet. Inside was an antique crank phone. It had been found in a museum in town. It and the copies they had made gave the Empire the best communication tool left to mankind. "To think," Maximus muttered, "we walked on the moon once." He spun the crank and waited for the line to open. After a moment there was a pop and then a hiss filled the speaker.

"The Oracle will hear your request..." a low and raspy voice said.

The Emperor humored the old and blind woman who served as the operator for the city. "Oracle, I seek wisdom from the distant reaches," he said, his voice in a forced tone of reverence. "Contact the spirits of the 15th circle."

The line was quiet a moment. Then she replied, "The 15th circle is not to be disturbed lightly."

The Emperors mood snapped. "I am the one who told you to restrict that line! And I can bloody open it when I choose."

"Very well, my Emperor. I will summon him..." she drug the last word out in a pained tone. The line went quiet a moment and then the hiss of the phone returned.

"Legatus Antonius Falco, your time has come." Maximus said quietly. "I need your Blood Legion to hold the Horde at bay while the main legions muster for war."

Unlike the primary legions, the Blood legion's raider tactics did not tie them to supply lines or support. They were not soldiers, but Hunters of men. Most carried nothing but small arms, pistols and hunting rifles. The Emperor knew they would be ready to move at a moment's notice. That is, if Falco told them to. The Emperor alone regarded Antonius Falco as a Legatus, his other generals wary of the man's dangerous reputation. It is said that mothers scold disobedient children across the empire with tales of Falco, the Midnight Angel, coming for them in their beds.

Falco and his men had simply appeared at the forest's edge one morning over a year ago. When they did not advance into the village, Maximus himself had ridden out to speak with the intruders. Little is known about the conversation, but Falco and his men stayed at the town's edge and had made camp there ever since.

The line had been silent for over a minute--save for the hiss--when finally a voice responded. "I gotch you."

Then the line went dead. The Emperor placed the ear piece back in the cabinet and closed the doors. He walked back to his window and stared out at the forest. He prayed that he might be remembered for the victory, and not how he had assured it.

To find out how the story ends and take part in it, be sure to head to CPX in Chicago may 19-20th for Living Legends V! Scenario paintball at its finest, produced by Viper Paintball.

Last edited by archanglmikel : 01-11-2012 at 11:44 AM.
archanglmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM #2
MIDNIGHTANGELZ

MIDNIGHTANGELZ is playing at Living Legends V
MIDNIGHTANGELZ posts videos on PbNation
MIDNIGHTANGELZ has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Respect All, FEAR NONE.

MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 PM #3
MIDNIGHTANGELZ

MIDNIGHTANGELZ is playing at Living Legends V
MIDNIGHTANGELZ posts videos on PbNation
MIDNIGHTANGELZ has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel

‎!BLOOD LEGION! ~Purple is of the color their non-oxygenized blood possesses.. We will mark every one of them, Purple within, while serving them matching blemishes for the Purple to be exposed.. & linger for the following days~
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote