Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFgrimm View Post
here's the catch though... Empire Sniper is not a CCM. I'd say its similar to a standard WGP sniper, stock springs.
Exactly my point. CCM is higher quality than WGP.

I do think the empire sniper comes with a LOT of nice features, regardless of the price. I think it would probably be the perfect pump gun if those springs were lighter. But tuning a gun after you put all new springs can be a PITA.
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2012, 06:01 PM #23
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
that thing that i like about the sniper is the fact that you can tune it to how you like. honestly after some tweaking the pump stroke on it is very similar to what my 6.5 was, my biggest complaint with my ccm was the fact it was too light. that caused the pump arm to come back at times so the bolt wasnt fully sealed and I'd have to hold the pump handle forward or put my finger behind the AT linkage arm to get a shot at full velocity. no problem with that with the sniper, plus sniper is better balanced,more efficient, far better consistancy. I had a cp asa and a aka 2 liter on my CCM for a reason, bc the stock ones suck.
papaintballer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:06 PM #24
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you're losing velocity on a shot without holding your handle, your gun may not be sweet-spotted. If you're having issues with a CCM reg, there are ways to fix it without replacing it.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:14 PM #25
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
if im spending 750 on a gun thats made to order I'd expect to not to have problems then. As for the reg, Ive never seen or used a ccm reg that was consistant enough, aka 2 liter is always the answer anyway. Best reg period.

To each his own, I feel empire sniper is the best value out there for a pump.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:16 PM #26
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you're spending $750 on a CCM, I'd like to know what all you've ordered...

Anything can have "problems" out of the box... regardless of price.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM #27
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post
that thing that i like about the sniper is the fact that you can tune it to how you like. honestly after some tweaking the pump stroke on it is very similar to what my 6.5 was, my biggest complaint with my ccm was the fact it was too light. that caused the pump arm to come back at times so the bolt wasnt fully sealed and I'd have to hold the pump handle forward or put my finger behind the AT linkage arm to get a shot at full velocity. no problem with that with the sniper, plus sniper is better balanced,more efficient, far better consistancy. I had a cp asa and a aka 2 liter on my CCM for a reason, bc the stock ones suck.
Why are you not holding the pump handle when you're playing with a pump marker?

The sniper does that because it's sprung harder, the springs are pushing forward harder. I actually like even lighter return springs in my CCM's instead of CCM's already light return springs.

How you can you say it's better balanced? You have the option of 3 types of frames when you order from CCM.

Of course it's more efficient, once again it's lighter sprung so the dwell will be longer in a CCM. This leads to more air used in every shot. But, you're playing pump and my back guys use CCM's and have no trouble shooting even 5 pods and a hopper per game.

I beg to differ with the consistency. I've seen Sal's S6.5 shoot 4 shoots in a row, the same number over a chrono.

I'll agree with you about the on/off's needing some improvement. But the reg is just fine consistency wise. It's the fitting placement and the "bleed hole" in the bottom that allows debris in there that I have a problem with.

Last but not least, people need to get off their high horses with every AKA reg working flawlessly throughout the whole reg's life. I've seen a hyper 2, bob long torpedo and WGP Ergo reg outperform a sidewinder in a flow test I've done with a pressure tester. If you would like to know details about how I did it (I'm sure Castro already knows) then PM me.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:54 PM #28
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
I ordered a 6.5 with 3 extra backs. marker was 670 if I remember correctly, then each back was 20.

I wont argue about the 2 liter, i own many regs. My personal fav has always been the CP and the macdev gladiators, but I find myself using the 2liter more and more due to its size and I havnt had any performance issues. Im in no way saying CCM isnt a quality company, they are at the top tier in the pump market, just at the money there is more to be desired.

For not holding the pump handle, I tend to hold onto reg for my shots. I just play better that way, its a habit. only pumps I ever held onto the handles were with my phantoms despite them being vsc setups.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:06 PM #29
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post
I ordered a 6.5 with 3 extra backs. marker was 670 if I remember correctly, then each back was 20.

I wont argue about the 2 liter, i own many regs. My personal fav has always been the CP and the macdev gladiators, but I find myself using the 2liter more and more due to its size and I havnt had any performance issues. Im in no way saying CCM isnt a quality company, they are at the top tier in the pump market, just at the money there is more to be desired.

For not holding the pump handle, I tend to hold onto reg for my shots. I just play better that way, its a habit. only pumps I ever held onto the handles were with my phantoms despite them being vsc setups.
CCM sponsorship FTW! haha I guess I forget that some people don't get a discount like I do.

Fitting out the bottom? I can deal with it coming out the side as long as it swivels and is on the bottom half of the side.

I agree with you on some of that. But I think people should let their money do that talking, and plenty of people keep buying CCM's. lol

Some people hold onto the reg. However if someone runs past a gap that you're supposed to be keeping an eye on and you miss the first shot (very possible) then you might not shoot the second one in time to hit the person before they get into the bunker. Which is why you should always keep your hand on the pump handle when playing pump.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:24 AM #30
Megadestructo
Pixel Pusher

Annual Supporting Member
Megadestructo plays in the PSP
Megadestructo plays in the APPA D4 division
Megadestructo is Boss
I'll chime in here: I have the new Empire Sniper as well and am selling my S6.

There are a few things I really dig about the Sniper and I find that the quality is more than good enough for me. I like the stiffer spring, I enjoy the "hitman" setup and I never use the autotrigger anyway. I'm also a big fan of the feel of the reg, the reg fitting, and especially the ASA. And all the nice stuff that's packed in (barrel backs, tools, spares kit, and 10-ball tube).

The pump handle *is* a weird-*** shape. It's grown on me (it's pretty comfy even with larger-than-average sized hands) but definitely it's not as nice as the CCM T or the other not-round one (sorry, just had a brain fart).

I don't play pump as often as I'd like so while I can certainly tell the difference between my S6 and the Sniper when tuning and screwing around, I really can't while I'm playing. And since I don't play as often with it I figure someone else should be using my S6 who can show her off all the time.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:12 PM #31
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
I think the problem is the difference in playing styles. I play competitive pump paintball. Most teams that play competitively use and need an auto trigger. The stiffer springs are a person thing I guess, but the softer the springs are, the easker it is to A/T obviously.

The last gripe thing I would gripe about is the way the handle feels, but it is nice to have options.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM #32
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
I'll do an efficiency test of this, a ccm, and a MVP come spring when I have access to cheaper paint. Indoor field is stingy about giving deals on paint for testing purposes
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote