PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-29-2012, 07:09 PM #883
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisxcore View Post
im not sure whats happening here? you posted a link to some stupid hill climb race like that matters?

it makes 700hp on boost only.

this civic makes 1500..

1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM #884
Dc5turbo
Ricer

Quote:
Most people that get a variant of the K24 get it for the vtec (lots of Honda ricers around here, always talking about that motor, and how now there older cars have the vtec VROOOOOM!!!)

Yes, actually I am.

Its inefficient. Its huge, at that size it should push over 200 stock (iirc the highest variant off the newer Hondas are pushing 201 stock)

3STGE (3rd Gen; 94-99) stock: 241 @ 6k, 224 ft-lp
Just tuning it can bring you almost 300.
At half the amount you've dropped in, I've seen the 5STGE (Hybrid of the 3SGTE taking a 5S-FE block) push 660 to the wheels. And thats by far nowhere near the max, just what I've seen around here. Not to mention they last forever.
HBHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dc5turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:26 PM #885
travisxcore
Shoop da Whoop.

travisxcore helped look for balloons
travisxcore is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Its the Goodwin House uphill sprint. Some of the newest F1 cars were there and got beat out by a 16 year old car with only 700whp. Thats racing, not driving in a straight line with your foot slammed on the gas.
travisxcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:29 PM #886
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:
Its the Goodwin House uphill sprint. Some of the newest F1 cars were there and got beat out by a 16 year old car with only 700whp. Thats racing, not driving in a straight line with your foot slammed on the gas.
um you are talking about my engine being inefficient. your toyota motor isnt **** bro. k24's handle 700hp with stock internals..
1992 Civic Street
Old 01-29-2012, 07:34 PM #887
spug
spuggles

Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
Lulz...
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 PM #888
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
step 1) never feed the troll
step 2) never post what you paid on here because douchebags will come out the woodwork and attack it

if he wanted to go FI, he would have. Keeping the n/a driving characteristics were important to him, which is why he went the way he did. Not that hard to understand. And 320whp is pretty freaking good for a 2.4L n/a motor.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:41 PM #889
travisxcore
Shoop da Whoop.

When your Honda wins an uphill sprint with only 700whp against F1 cars, last 400k miles, and still be used in the WRC, then you can call it inefficient.

30k is too much to drop for what he has, N/A or not. Thats been the whole point. Thats inefficient. You could build a beast for that amount of money with something else.

Last edited by travisxcore : 01-29-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 PM #890
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:
When your Honda wins an uphill sprint with only 700whp against F1 cars, last 400k miles, and still be used in the WRC, then you can call it inefficient.

30k is too much to drop for what he has, N/A or not. Thats been the whole point. Thats inefficient. You could build a beast for that amount of money with something else.
lol dude just keeping posting entertainment for us. its good stuff.
1992 Civic Street
Old 01-29-2012, 07:48 PM #891
Not2FFU

Quote:
you don't understand driving characteristics do you?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:54 PM #892
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:

my engine didnt cost 30 grand..

lets just turn this around right quick. you keep dogging my car and posting the best toyota powered cars you can find.

post your car.. not someone elses. im sure that dude built a badass car that won that event. and im also sure his fuel system alone cost more than my engine. but its not your car so stop saying let you know when i achieve that.

post your car..
1992 Civic Street
Old 01-29-2012, 08:01 PM #893
wdpangeldude
Kenny Long

wdpangeldude is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
wdpangeldude plays in the PSP
I'll admit, I'm a huge Toyota fan, but I love the potential from the K series.
300whp from a N/A four cylinder is great!

Old Feedback MR2OC Hostile Kids

Third Eye Paintball

wdpangeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:03 PM #894
Dc5turbo
Ricer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4/7_Ep3 View Post

lets just turn this around right quick. you keep dogging my car and posting the best toyota powered cars you can find.

post your car.. not someone elses. im sure that dude built a badass car that won that event. and im also sure his fuel system alone cost more than my engine. but its not your car so stop saying let you know when i achieve that.

post your car..
and ill guarantee that the dude that owns that car wont talk **** about what rob has.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:07 PM #895
Dc5turbo
Ricer

Anything this dude says now is completly null and void...

Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 PM #896
Ti_G
Wait, what ?

Ti_G owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdpangeldude View Post
I'll admit, I'm a huge Toyota fan, but I love the potential from the K series.
300whp from a N/A four cylinder is great!
K-swapped ZZW30 ?

Ti_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:08 PM #897
~Proto~
Jan 2k6'r

~Proto~ plays in the USPL
~Proto~ helped look for balloons
~Proto~ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
~Proto~ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
lol you are an idiot. the Kseries honda engine is the most effecient naturally aspirated 4 cyl motor in the world. you are comparing a turbocharged engine to an NA one.

and BTW the k20a motor is the same 2 liter 86mm x 86mm as the motor you just listed and makes 220hp stock. without a ****ing turbo. you are so smart.

FYI people make well over 1000whp with honda engines.

The fastest 4 cyl cars in the world are honda or mitsu. toyota is no where to be found. congrats on living in a dream world.
this is why im a nut swinger, lmfao
Old 01-30-2012, 01:08 AM #898
travisxcore
Shoop da Whoop.

Quote:

post your car..
I drive a 5S-FE ST204. My car doesn't have **** except acceleration. And even that lacks once you hit 3rd gear. But I'm dropping a 3S-GTE head on it (with the goodies) which will push me to 301hp (yea its force induction [CT20B, 48mm; Supra turbo, but only 1 comes on the 3S-GTEs], 1 bar; 14.7 lbs is the reliable limit for them). That'll cost me 5k max if I do it myself. Guaranteed it'd smoke your car too; numbers aren't the only thing that matter. ****, my car (133hp N/A) smoked a Cooper S (163hp FI). S-Series motors might only have a power band of 2k to 4.8k rpms (stock redline at 6k but you actually lose power in the 5k's), but they sure as hell make use of it.

As for the GT-4 I posted, I wasn't comparing it to your car, I said Honda, and more specifically the K-Series motors. You posted a 1500hp Honda, so I posted a 700whp Celica that would it smoke at under half the hp on a track.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:19 AM #899
Not2FFU

Quote:
I drive a 5S-FE ST204. My car doesn't have **** except acceleration. And even that lacks once you hit 3rd gear. But I'm dropping a 3S-GTE head on it (with the goodies) which will push me to 301hp (yea its force induction [CT20B, 48mm; Supra turbo, but only 1 comes on the 3S-GTEs], 1 bar; 14.7 lbs is the reliable limit for them). That'll cost me 5k max if I do it myself. Guaranteed it'd smoke your car too; numbers aren't the only thing that matter. ****, my car (133hp N/A) smoked a Cooper S (163hp FI). S-Series motors might only have a power band of 2k to 4.8k rpms (stock redline at 6k but you actually lose power in the 5k's), but they sure as hell make use of it.

As for the GT-4 I posted, I wasn't comparing it to your car, I said Honda, and more specifically the K-Series motors. You posted a 1500hp Honda, so I posted a 700whp Celica that would it smoke at under half the hp on a track.
doubt it.

besides

Old 01-30-2012, 01:23 AM #900
Not2FFU

what makes you think your 300 hp turbo front wheel drive car will beat a 300+hp n/a front wheel drive car?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:25 AM #901
pink04teletubbie
I <3 Boobies

tarbo go fast

thats why diesels have them

DD. Not just my girl's bra size
pink04teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:26 AM #902
freestyle141
Because Racecar

freestyle141 is playing at Living Legends VI
This guy has to be a troll right?

First the ct20b isnt a supra turbo, its a 3rd gen turbo mr2 turbo. Also, you cant just bolt on a 3s head and expect to get 301hp, that doesn't even make sense. You are better off doing a gen3 swap anyways. With alot of supporting mods, and 17psi you might get close to 300whp in a heavier car, not setup for drag racing. Robs hatch would smoke your car sorry bud, you might pull high 13s.

I have a high hp 3sgte. A k series is a superior motor in design and technology. Not sure why you are trying to argue the fact. I guarantee the fastest mr2 this year will be the one being built by Racelab with a...that's right..a k series motor.

CCM gloss red s6.5 #40
Dangerous Power Fusion FX
freestyle141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:26 AM #903
travisxcore
Shoop da Whoop.

Okay, go ahead. I honestly don't care. I paid 3k for the car, its now at 201k miles, and has never had any motor work.

And its ST:GDT, do you honestly expect a serious intelligent conversation?