Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-29-2012, 12:55 AM #1
Ego_2k4

PMI Trracer Help (springs/velocity)

Hey guys i have an old school PMI Trracer just tonight i was swamping springs trying to get the velocity up. I ended getting a spyder xtra spring and cutting down, it worked but now its shooting too hot at 300-325 fps. I was wondering what the best way to reduce it a bit, do i make the spring a little shorter or do i stretch out the spring? thanks for the help
Ego_2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 PM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Assuming you're talking about the mainspring (between the hammer and the bolt)

Stretching the spring should raise the velocity.
Cutting the spring will make it weaker when compressed, thus lowering the velocity, but if you get it too short it may not function properly.

The opposite is true of the valvespring, but I wouldn't recommend messing with that one if you can help it.

If you don't have a velocity adjuster in your bolt you might want to consider picking up a MadMan autococker spring kit.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM #3
Ego_2k4

yeah the mainspring, thanks. I believe i took out the valve spring a long time ago a replaced it with a red spring from an old madman cocker spring kit i had, but i swapped it out with a different spring when i threw in the modified extra spring yesterday. I'm going to put the red valve spring back and shorten the xtra spring a bit. In theory it should work out well .
Ego_2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote