PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2012, 01:24 PM #106
Josh.Smith

Josh.Smith plays in the PSP
Josh.Smith plays in the APPA D4 division
It was in the 60s yesterday. We have been having crazy weather this winter.
Josh.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:03 PM #107
longwalk92
OVOxO

longwalk92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
longwalk92 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
longwalk92 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
longwalk92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I am coming from an ego 9 by the way.

I received my etha this past friday. Although I had the gun, I didnt get to play with it until yesterday(sunday). Before purchasing the gun I was really concern weather I was going to hate the grips of the gun especially from hearing all the hate on them. I must say I love the feel of the gun it is really slim. I can see that some people who dont use gloves during play that the gun can get a little slippery. Also the material of the gun feels really nice it may not be the same material as a ego but I can guarantee you it does not feel cheap. When first shooting the gun I was very disappointed with how inaccurate the gun was but after checking my paint the paint was very dimpled. So I decided to buy better paint and I must say for the price of the gun it shoots straight as an ego. The only difference I see is the convience of having the lcd screen. The gun is great and for the price you cant beat it. This gun shoots as good as my ego 9. I am very satisfied with the gun.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, somewhere, at some point in your life."
longwalk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:38 AM #108
SloMo09
MSO

SloMo09 plays in the APPA D4 division
SloMo09 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Played with my Etha this past weekend...might as well call it a lower end GEO
SloMo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:54 PM #109
B Web
Black Karma Scenario Team

B Web owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
B Web owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I received my Etha last week and have not gotten to play with it yet but did shoot through a bag of paint over the weekend. Typically i use a Geo2 and the marker felt similar but it was definitely different. I noticed the Etha grip front to back was bigger than the Geo2. This didn't hamper my ability to use the marker but did feel different. After some adjustment i got used to the trigger and i think i'll like having the ability to clean paint out of the mechanism without removing the frame. The grips seemed fine and I gripped the marker just fine even with paint all over my hands.

I was desperate to shoot the Etha so i broke down and bought paint from a local superstore. I opened the box to see it looked like someone had done a riverdance on the bag and broke multiple balls. i loaded up and shot through the whole paint covered bag. The Etha never skipped a beat. My Rotor jammed several times but the Etha did not have a problem. I even checked the chrono and it was 270 +/-1 even with the horrible paintcovered paint. Paint was coming out the eyes when I was done and then i got to clean the marker which was simple.

Proudly Sponsored by
Planet Eclipse
B Web is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:31 PM #110
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Great to hear that the Ethas are working well for everyone.

Is it cold where you play Josh?
Jack, played with mine in 30 degree weather this weekend...not a problem...
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:34 PM #111
PBGoon56
::Tip::

PBGoon56 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBGoon56 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well I keep hearing all the buzz about this Etha So I bought one. I primarily shoot a luxe, so there was some adjustments but might i say for the price this gun is great. IMO the grips are better than the Ego10 grips just because I feel they will last longer. The gun is surprisingly very accurate like ball on ball shot a case through it and not one break. Only thing I do not like is the mechanical shot sound I hope the come out with a bolt upgrade. But Stock Out the box the gun shot great couldn't be happier for the price. I would say etha>Mini>PMR when it comes to that price range. So great gun if your thinking about getting one do it! I will upload a video after I break it in testing Kick, Efficiency, and accuracy within a week or so going to run about 4-6 cases through it this weekend.
PBGoon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:52 AM #112
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by petedaddy View Post
Jack, played with mine in 30 degree weather this weekend...not a problem...
Good news. We have done quite a bit of cold weather testing and we found it worked just great.

Main thing people need to remember is that the back of the bolt, the bumper and the bolt guide need to be kept clean and dry. If you get those points covered in lube then you can cause FSDO as the bolt sticks to the bumper like glue!

Glad everyone else if enjoying them too. I'm pretty pleased with how they are working out so far.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:20 AM #113
Redline.ss

Redline.ss is BST Trusted
Redline.ss owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
First just want to say I love my etha and don't see any reason to ever change a thing.

But looking at the engine, it seems to me the "mechanical" feeling of the shot comes from the bolt return spring and the bolt slamming back to the bumper. And that the cycle rate of the gun would be limited by the bolt spring stiffness.

If that's the case, couldn't you sacrifice cycle rate for a softer shot with a softer spring?
Redline.ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 PM #114
jptothetree
Social Paintball

jptothetree plays in the PSP
jptothetree posts videos on PbNation
jptothetree plays in the APPA D4 division
Just got mine. Due to financial reasons I had to downgrade from my Ego10. First thing I noticed is that it's definitely a good amount more chunky in the hands than an Ego, but that's to be expected because of how slender they are. Getting over the "chunkiness" in the hands compared to my Ego it actually feels quite nice. It's nice for a change to be able to wrap my thumb over the top of the gun and the spacing of the grip and hpr is nice.

Shooting the Etha was a unique experience for me because I've only owned Egos and Geo's before. The way it shoots is hard to describe, but I wouldn't say it shoots badly... it's just, different. The guy I purchased it from said it only had 5 cases through it, so I expect it to smoothen out a bit once it breaks in. At this point in time it's got some kick, but certainly nothing to cry over for the price point

Watch the video below if you are wondering how to use the board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XYWIyK3FL8

Overall, I'm stoked on the Etha for what it can do for the price!
jptothetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:11 AM #115
jptothetree
Social Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline.ss View Post
it seems to me the "mechanical" feeling of the shot comes from the bolt return spring and the bolt slamming back to the bumper.
If the bumper was a bit more "cushiony" I wonder if it would smooth out the shot. I feel like that might help!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:45 PM #116
Redline.ss

Though im sure they've thought this all through anyway, its nice to dream though.

But there's definitely nothing wrong with how it shoots, its just "different".
Old 01-20-2012, 02:50 PM #117
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
It's possible that a different bumper would soften things a little, but as Redline has stated, I'm sure that various configurations would have been tested, and the bumper selected would have been chosen as offering the best compromise between several aspects of performance. For instance, a softer bumper may wear out prematurely, or maybe caused more bolt stick issues.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 PM #118
jptothetree
Social Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
It's possible that a different bumper would soften things a little, but as Redline has stated, I'm sure that various configurations would have been tested, and the bumper selected would have been chosen as offering the best compromise between several aspects of performance. For instance, a softer bumper may wear out prematurely, or maybe caused more bolt stick issues.
truth.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:12 AM #119
SageScout
R.E.D

I like mine. Owned many many markers and so far the Etha is great for the price. There is a loud ping sound from the marker. Played a game this weekend and the ping didnt seem as loud. The trigger is really crappy out of the box with all kinds of slop and side play, but easily fixed. Mine still being broke in though. Sorry for all the down time in the vid lol.

Last edited by SageScout : 02-08-2012 at 04:47 PM.
SageScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:08 AM #120
Redline.ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageScout View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvT1fwpFJHg. I like mine. Owned many many markers and so far the Etha is great for the price. There is a loud ping sound from the marker. Played a game this weekend and the ping didnt seem as loud. The trigger is really crappy out of the box with all kinds of slop and side play, but easily fixed. Mine still being broke in though. Sorry for all the down time in the vid lol.
You sure its not your tank pinging?

Mine doesn't ping at all.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:18 PM #121
SageScout
R.E.D

Yeah, thats what I thought as well. I do have a guerrilla 68 but have used it with many other markers and no ping. Not sure why it does that still.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 PM #122
PBGoon56
::Tip::

PBGoon56 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBGoon56 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline.ss View Post
You sure its not your tank pinging?

Mine doesn't ping at all.
no ping here either
PBGoon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:48 PM #123
-raqh-

Annual Supporting Member
-raqh- owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nah the etha definatly ping, its one of the forst thing i noticed. You can clearly hear the spring as it take its place back or something alike at the end of the firing cycle.

-raqh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:53 PM #124
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Not to upset anybody here but after shooting various guns in the 400$ price range, ie Axe, Reflex and Etha, the last has noticably more kick, and vibration felt through the gun than the other two mentioned. I love PE's Etek3 AM BTW very much for the record. True story, at Newbreedpb in NJ, management usually endorses and is very supportive of PE products, however all were let down by the Etha's roughness, loudness, and vibration. Considering that the Etha's competition doesn't really exhibit these flaws, the Etha probably could have used some more time in R&D before being released. So what does the Etha do right? Two things from my experience: It is consistent and very accurate). However, unfortunately at my local field, a man with a Tippmann and his buddy with his Etha were debating as to which of their guns kicked more. I can't believe that the Etha was even being compared to a Tippmann since the first is a tournament marker yet it isn't nearly as smooth as any. Finally I leave asking this, looking at other guns in the 400$ price range, how can one justify the reasoning in spending the money on the Etha other than it's from PE?

Last edited by Ravenstylea2 : 01-28-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:13 AM #125
Jax_Freestyle
i am the one who knocks

the more i read about it the less i wanna buy one..
Old 01-29-2012, 03:19 PM #126
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Have you read the whole thread, or just the last couple of posts? If you read the thread as a whole, you'll see that the vast majority of comments are positive. In fact, the post one above yours is the first completely negative response that I think I have seen.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote