PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 PM #1
fisheadaustin
Fish

looking for--

Im looking for scenario markers, the best, and im not sure what is the best out there so tell me what you got people! and how they performed/worked ect..

Scenario Markers!!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post74146641
fisheadaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2012, 09:27 PM #2
offbeatherbal
Soup Can Cocks

Any gun works i have a bt-4 with a j&j barrel kit and it works great. My brother has the Etex 3 that marker is awsome. I am a big belever in the barrel kits. It all comes down to your play style as well if you are run and gun player go light if not go with milatary style guns. I am a run and gun front line player and play with a bt-4 but it is striped down no stock remote line e trigger and 14" barrel
offbeatherbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 PM #3
fisheadaustin
Fish

I thought about upgrading my 98 custom to accept a mag fed, instead of using the hopper, and getting a m16 body kit for it along witha 22 in sniper (rifled barrel) and perhaps a box mag if im feeling up too it?

Scenario Markers!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 AM #4
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends V
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VI
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
DeadeyeDante supports Empire
First of all, don't get a 22" barrel. The length and the rifling will do absolutely nothing for your accuracy, trust me. The max length you want is 14" tops.

Second of all, if you want mag fed, look at Tiberius markers, they are a bit pricy but they are pretty much top of the line Mag Fed markers. I have a friend with a T9.1 Ranger and he absolutely loves it, not to mention it can use First Strike rounds which are awesome.

Thirdly, if you are looking at a "scenario" marker, and don't want true mil-sim, check out the GOG G-1. It's basically a Smart Parts SP-1 under a new name, but its an incredibly reliable and really nice marker for a really low price. I paid 300 for mine with the Blackheart upgrade, which adds a lot to the marker. I then paid 20 for a 360 QEV and thats about all the "ups" I need for it to be a top of the line marker for woodsball.

If you want a new barrel, look at the APEX 2 barrels. They add about another 30 feet of distance and you can curve your paintballs slightly, to shoot left right up or down. I love my APEX 2 for my G-1, it performs great, but the stock barrel is also nice. If you don't want an APEX 2, then look at a Freak Barrel kit, another great addition.

If you want ot upgrade your Tippman, I'd recommend you check the Tippman forum section for ideas and help.
E-Flex Army
DeadeyeDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 AM #5
fisheadaustin
Fish

oh yeah i love tiberius rifles lol, especially the t9.1 sniper setup. i used it in one game while i was on top of a hill and i had supreme range on everyone it was really awesome being out of everyones firing range, out of 3 mags of 8 shots each i killed 13 people (my first time using gun, accuracy wasnt that good) but i want something like true mil-sim like Tacamo guns, or like upgrading the alpha black to accept the mags, i think thatd be great but as far as the t9 goes they are awesome lol, i loved using that gun!

Scenario Markers!!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:30 PM #6
Fieldpeice
That Paintball Complexion

Fieldpeice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fieldpeice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a rap4 MKv mag fed with 5 oz flexi air system buttstock and has a RIS handgard. Have not played with it in a full scenario setting yet but used it as a back up when out of air or paint on my main marker. Works great when the other team thinks I'm out of air or paint!

Last edited by Fieldpeice : 01-29-2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Spell ck
Fieldpeice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 AM #7
fisheadaustin
Fish

bimp

Scenario Markers!!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:42 AM #8
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
It sounds like you want the milsim look more than the best performance by what you said you were thinking about doing to your 98.

First, i want to echo what was said about 22" barrels. DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON ONE. If you're going for a look, go for it, but it actually takes away from the efficiency of the marker and does absolutely nothing to accuracy. A good paint to bore match and paint quality are what fine tune your markers accuracy. You're not shooting a projectile that expands to conform to the barrel, so rifling is a moot point as well. There was testing done a while back that proved that you need over 6' of rifling to get a paintball to benefit from it. Which is counterproductive considering our propellant is dropping in pressure, not increasing like real ammunition. Like stated, a 14" is the standard. A 16" is the threshold that I wouldn't go past.

As for milsim markers, a lot of people are happy with Tiberius. First strike rounds do fly more accurately. If you don't care about lugging around 20 lbs just so your marker looks kinda like a real weapon, the X7 is a good platform to accessorize. I personally don't care if my marker looks like a real weapon. I go strictly for performance and lightweight. A G6R, Clone, Droid, ego or geo2 is where I develop my choices from. Don't let BNIB price scare you. There are LOTS of gun whores in BST that practically give away high end markers because dye and PE put out a new model each year.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:55 PM #9
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Dont buy a kit (Tacamo, I assume?). As a previous owner of an MKV kit, I barely have anything good to say about it. If you want a magfed gun, get something like a RAP4 T68, MILSIG, or something pistolish like the Tippmann TiPX or Tiberius (can be both pistol and rifle).

Otherwise, go Tippmann. Some of the most reliable guns out there. A Project Salvo, A5 or an X7 Phenom is what I would aim for. Or like I said, get a TiPX for magfed play, although you cant upgrade it cosmetically to a rifle.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:29 AM #10
RockSteady999
Tree Braker

RockSteady999 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
RockSteady999 posts videos on PbNation
RockSteady999 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
eteck
Old 02-03-2012, 05:09 AM #11
Fieldpeice
That Paintball Complexion

Fieldpeice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fieldpeice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The tpx can be up graded some like this
Just to add to what Rubbr chickin said now I want one!

Last edited by Fieldpeice : 02-03-2012 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Made pic fit better
Fieldpeice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 AM #12
oFant0mo
Commanding Officer (HB)

Kudos for an awesome question.. and FURTHER kudos for some good responses and sound advice. Personnally, I love milsim markers. I think the look and the feel make it more fun honestly, but I play with an ETEK now.

Heres what Ive found.. milsim markers look and feel great! However unless you dip into the higher end (moderate in grand scheme) milsim markers you will not be on the same playing field as the more efficent non-milsim markers. Remember that speed ball markers are made for efficency and preformance, where as alot more attention is placed in Milsim markers to look and feel. A BT4 and a 98 custom are essentially very similar in design. I have a BT4 and it had suited my needs well, but if your working on trying to find a marker that is both Milsimish and efficent than as previously stated go with a speedball marker that has a Milsim shell... I.E.

G1
TM7
TM15
X7
Mtac

and so on...

In the end, mag fed is a completely different play style and isnt going to hold up against the 30 bps hot fingers of a speedballer.
MVT- Dark OPs 7/GIJOE 2011/MW: VIETNAM 2011/Phoenix II 2011
oFant0mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 PM #13
fisheadaustin
Fish

Great replies guys, ive learned alot and mostly i want mag fed guns cause me and my bro thinking of doing some mag fed games and tourneys around my area, plus i love the ideal of have to pick your shots rather than shooting 200 balls down range in 5 seconds, i want realism, to be honest, in the game if your not a HEAVY gunner you dont need 200 bullets for one clip so thats what im going for but i also want performance, so the whole ideal of the thread KEEP POSTING!

Scenario Markers!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:49 PM #14
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Well, there are smaller hoppers like the Tac-Cap for Cyclones, and if you have some money or good modding skills you can make a parallel spring fed tube.

But like I said, T68 or MILSIG if you want a full marker, no body kits until they get worked out.