Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-21-2012, 09:14 PM #1
xPiZZeRx
Just Chillin'

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Luxury Suites in Stadiums

I'm trying to get some tickets for a Flyers game for me and some friends, and I'm wondering about the luxury suites.

I was in one before, and it included free food and beer. I also went for free though, so I'm not sure if the food and beer goes for all luxury suites, or is that a separate thing?

Thanks

xPiZZeRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2012, 09:19 PM #2
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Call the venue and ask.

also, **** the suite, spend the money on good seats instead.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:08 PM #3
AndrewBailey
LiRoBeAl

Every suite I've been to has had free drinks/food.

PoS.SupporT
AndrewBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:28 AM #4
xPiZZeRx
Just Chillin'

Annual Supporting Member
If I was a bigger fan of the Flyers, I'd probably rather spend money on awesome seats, but I'm not. I figure the suite would make it a better time for us.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:47 AM #5
SpyderPB819

SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
Ask the arena. Nobody is impressed that you can afford a suite.
SpyderPB819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 AM #6
xPiZZeRx
Just Chillin'

Annual Supporting Member
I'd have to disagree with you on that one, buddy.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:23 AM #7
Thor06

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM #8
CDN_Gaiter
973MoPlains

CDN_Gaiter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CDN_Gaiter is for the Gunfight
CDN_Gaiter has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CDN_Gaiter has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't think you need to ask, been to buffalo, Ottawa and Toronto all had free food and beer.

Mom used to work for Eli Lilly, got to go to the suite in Toronto like 20 times a season. I definitely like the suite better than sitting in the stands
Old 01-22-2012, 12:32 PM #9
xPiZZeRx
Just Chillin'

Annual Supporting Member
Lucky bastard. But ya, I was in one for a Sixers game. Terrible team but an awesome time.

And the tickets for them aren't expensive when compared to the good seats.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:59 PM #10
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Suites are 100% dependant on who is the owner/renter

in many venues, a portion of the boxes are owned for an entire season by companies, law firms, etc. these boxes are generally stocked with a certain level of booze/food for every event they have the box for, they pay for "X level" of food and drink and thats what happens

if the suite is Rented on an event to event basis, then it's a completely different story, ive been in suites where the only thing provided was pop corn and sparking water, on the other hand ive been to rented suites with sushi, prime rib, and top shelf booze

Suites arent even for watching the game as much as they are for mingling etc. typically i watch half as much as the game as i would in the seats as in a suite

Also if you have friends etc. in the regular seats, typically you can take the suite tickets, give them to the people in the regular seats, and they can get into the section simply by flashing the ticket at the desk
Alex Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:30 PM #11
xPiZZeRx
Just Chillin'

Annual Supporting Member
Did you get that from a website or do you frequent suites at sporting events? lol

What do you suggest I do then if I plan on buying tickets from Stub Hub? How can I find out what could be included in the suite? Thanks

Old 01-22-2012, 09:11 PM #12
cook. (Banned)

try calling the arena?
cook. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:27 PM #13
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPiZZeRx View Post
Did you get that from a website or do you frequent suites at sporting events? lol

What do you suggest I do then if I plan on buying tickets from Stub Hub? How can I find out what could be included in the suite? Thanks
i go to suites 2-5 times a year typically, been to enough to know how it works.

and i dont know who would be selling tickets for a suite on stub hub.. obviously anyone selling suite tickets via stub hub is probably some wack suite that a pub put together or somthing

none of the top end suites would ever give out tickets to people who would turn around and sell for a profit.

Last edited by Alex Burrows : 01-22-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:35 PM #14
xPiZZeRx
Just Chillin'

Annual Supporting Member
Ok, they are on there though. What do you think I could expect out of a suite available through Stub Hub? Define a wack suite. lol

Old 01-22-2012, 11:59 PM #15
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

As I said, those are most likely suite tickets either A) being sold specifically by somone/some bar etc hosting a suite night, or they are tickets somone won to the suite and they are trying to sell them

The suite tickets I get typically, the people in that suite know who you are or at the very least your connection as to how you are in the suite, if somone showed up to some of the lawyer boxes or other corporate boxes ive been in and said they bought the tickets from a scalper, the company who gave out the tickets would provably narrow it down to those given away and either ream them out, or just never ever give those tickets to said company again ie. in all likelyhood it wouldn't happen.

I could be completely wrong, but I'd say the ones you are looking at, depending on price are probably being hosted by somone who rented it for that purpose as I said earlier, and depending on the price VS premium regular seating seats, you might be able to determine what kind of food/drink to expect in said suite.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:22 AM #16
edudcixlsyd
ya boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Gaiter View Post
I don't think you need to ask, been to buffalo, Ottawa and Toronto all had free food and beer.

Mom used to work for Eli Lilly, got to go to the suite in Toronto like 20 times a season. I definitely like the suite better than sitting in the stands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burrows View Post
i go to suites 2-5 times a year typically, been to enough to know how it works.

and i dont know who would be selling tickets for a suite on stub hub.. obviously anyone selling suite tickets via stub hub is probably some wack suite that a pub put together or somthing

none of the top end suites would ever give out tickets to people who would turn around and sell for a profit.
wat
Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 AM #17
xPiZZeRx
Just Chillin'

Annual Supporting Member
Alright, well it just sounds shady now. It'd be like a gamble. I wish Stub Hub listed some form of contact information so i could talk to the seller directly. I don't think calling the stadium would be much help on what that specific suite might have to offer me.

Thanks a lot for your help, man.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:03 AM #18
StubHubECC

Quote:
Alright, well it just sounds shady now. It'd be like a gamble. I wish Stub Hub listed some form of contact information so i could talk to the seller directly. I don't think calling the stadium would be much help on what that specific suite might have to offer me.

Hey there, xPiZZeRx!

My name is Emilee, and I am writing from StubHub's Executive Customer Care Team. We apologize for any confusion regarding purchasing Luxury Suites on our website. As we take the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, we unfortunately cannot provide any contact information for the seller. We are, however, always happy to reach out to the seller on your behalf to request further information! Just give our expert Sales Team a call at 1.866.STUB.HUB (Ext. 1) and we will be happy to assist you in gathering all information you need, and placing your order through our secure system.

We can also assure you that every order placed on StubHub is covered by the awesome FanProtect Guarantee (http://www.stubhub.com/guarantee/). This ensures your tickets will be authentic, and valid for entry to every game, and that the tickets will be accurately represented on our website. We're always here for our fans, especially on game-day, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns.

We hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Emilee
Executive Customer Care
www.StubHub.com
StubHubECC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 AM #19
berry_wendel
I WILL RULE YOU!!!

berry_wendel is playing at Living Legends III
berry_wendel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
berry_wendel supports Team VICIOUS
berry_wendel is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:

calling the stadium is your best bet. It is their suite and they stock them
berry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:03 PM #20
DaEagleEye8
Uconn Husky

DaEagleEye8 helped look for balloons
DaEagleEye8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DaEagleEye8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DaEagleEye8 is an NCPA player
oh ****!!! Stubhub getting on pbn to make some dough!
DaEagleEye8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:04 PM #21
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Hey stub hub, you're overpriced.