PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2011, 06:29 PM #22
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
every time i look at guns like these it makes me want to drop mad cash that i don't have on an AKA marker
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2011, 08:02 AM #23
manwe33

Annual Supporting Member
manwe33 is playing at Living Legends V
manwe33 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
manwe33 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
manwe33 is attending Decay of Nations VI
manwe33 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhero5 View Post
Yeah, I knew the marker had gone through at least 1 anno process before, wasn't sure prior to that. But I haven't been aware of any leaks of any sort after a tuneup when I got it in.
Thanks SFG.
I'm curious to know what the original color was though.

Ok, scrap the idea. All cosmetic mods will have my HL Viking in mind.

Edit: I think a little oil was the trick.
Original color was a dust red.

That is her as i bought her in 08
Then sold her to mostpeople
Old 08-17-2011, 12:24 AM #24
mostpeople

Anno that thing again and you will have a paperweight my friend

Last edited by mostpeople : 08-17-2011 at 12:43 AM.
mostpeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:46 AM #25
mostpeople

I am also surprised at how many people have owned it after me, I think 3 now? I sold it like what, 6 months ago? lol
Old 08-17-2011, 07:16 PM #26
gunhero5
Aim High - Don't Die

Annual Supporting Member
gunhero5 is a Moderator
gunhero5 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
gunhero5 is BST Legit
gunhero5 supports Bob Gurnsey
gunhero5 supports our troops
gunhero5 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpeople
I am also surprised at how many people have owned it after me, I think 3 now? I sold it like what, 6 months ago? lol
Nope. Just Mann and then me as far as I'm concerned. And according to the outdated HL Excal thread.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:52 PM #27
mostpeople

Ahh good, my mistake I though there was an intermediary between you both.

As for the HL excal thread, I don't own 1, or 2, or 3 anymore so there is no personal desire to keep the threat up to date. But it would be a great starter for someone who wanted to revamp it as all the long lost history was solved, so it'd be relatively easy to update to now, but like I said - not my markers anymore haha!

I hope you like it, I hope you don't cut it or modify it, it was a work of art afterall. But, on the flip side - it is YOUR marker and you can do WHATEVER you want to it. I think the AKA mafia will have your head if you touch it though haha.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:05 AM #28
tiny_the_tokin_bear
Your Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpeople View Post
I hope you like it, I hope you don't cut it or modify it, it was a work of art afterall. But, on the flip side - it is YOUR marker and you can do WHATEVER you want to it. I think the AKA mafia will have your head if you touch it though haha.
Better be hiding my neck...
tiny_the_tokin_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:03 PM #29
mostpeople

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny_the_tokin_bear View Post
Better be hiding my neck...
You didnt....

Did you?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:49 PM #30
tiny_the_tokin_bear
Your Daddy

I did...but only a little. It's something a little unique and I love how it turned out. It's not a full FSP, just enough to bring the body in line with the thin tray that I am using. The thin tray was also milled to match the lines of the body, I think it was a very tasteful cut.

Before:

After:

Old 08-18-2011, 04:11 PM #31
camfcocker

I don't care what they say, that looks great.
camfcocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:39 PM #32
mostpeople

Agreed and gets my vote of approval
Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 PM #33
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
I agree as well. Can't wait to see the final product. Have you sent it out for anno yet?

skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List
MCB Feedback | Old PBN Feedback | CC Feedback | eBay Feedback
skinnyfatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:55 PM #34
MeuroM

Who did the work?

I am MorueM / Cocker's and AKA's aficionado..
Resurrected Swirl / Poop-O-type / RevengeV2 / Most of my AKA bunch
MeuroM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:28 PM #35
tiny_the_tokin_bear
Your Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyfatguy View Post
I agree as well. Can't wait to see the final product. Have you sent it out for anno yet?
Not yet, I think I've finally decided on what I want though. A glossy Dark blue/light blue acid wash with a black splash over top. I am of course also going to have the iconic highlander swooshes masked off along with the three rectangles on the top tube. I am thinking that I'll have them done in a clear/silver so they stand out and are not lost in the splash, if you guys have any other ideas I'd LOVE to hear them.

Quote:
Agreed and gets my vote of approval
Quote:
Originally Posted by camfcocker View Post
I don't care what they say, that looks great.
Thanks guys! There's also some internal functional milling...for...well...an MQ2 valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeuroM View Post
Who did the work?
The man himself, Jared himself over at DC.

Right now I'm in the final stages of getting every accessory I can think of ready to be match anodized with this marker, I'm even having an Apex 2 front made for the longbow kit. Just in case.

I'm also on the hunt for a single trigger frame as well, just in case the mood strikes me but I'm trying to think of a way to convert the ultralite frame back and forth between double and single finger configurations. I have been thinking about a pair of detachable aluminum trigger guards attached in place via two set screws to the rest of the frame. This is probably just day dreaming, but it would be cool.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 AM #36
Mann

Quote:
That was hands down the smoothest shooting marker I have ever used. I used it for ~ 3 weekends, and then it sat. I didn't want to sell it, but having a kid on the way I knew that it will not be used for a few years so I figured Id pass it on to the next guy.

My pm box is full again ?!? THEN EMAIL ME.
Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:40 PM #37
mostpeople

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
That was hands down the smoothest shooting marker I have ever used. I used it for ~ 3 weekends, and then it sat. I didn't want to sell it, but having a kid on the way I knew that it will not be used for a few years so I figured Id pass it on to the next guy.
I hope it stays with gunhero, I hate to see pinnacle markers passed around like candy..

And yes she was very very smooth.. TheFool anno'd it but I ain't no fool, that marker was gucci. Alas, I couldn't bring myself to actually use it on the field, just in testing. And I didn't like having a 1000 dollar brick laying around so I sold it.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:49 PM #38
mostpeople

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny_the_tokin_bear View Post
Not yet, I think I've finally decided on what I want though. A glossy Dark blue/light blue acid wash with a black splash over top. I am of course also going to have the iconic highlander swooshes masked off along with the three rectangles on the top tube. I am thinking that I'll have them done in a clear/silver so they stand out and are not lost in the splash, if you guys have any other ideas I'd LOVE to hear them.

Thanks guys! There's also some internal functional milling...for...well...an MQ2 valve.

The man himself, Jared himself over at DC.

Right now I'm in the final stages of getting every accessory I can think of ready to be match anodized with this marker, I'm even having an Apex 2 front made for the longbow kit. Just in case.

I'm also on the hunt for a single trigger frame as well, just in case the mood strikes me but I'm trying to think of a way to convert the ultralite frame back and forth between double and single finger configurations. I have been thinking about a pair of detachable aluminum trigger guards attached in place via two set screws to the rest of the frame. This is probably just day dreaming, but it would be cool.
My only suggestion is this:

Do not get an anno that makes it hard to sell, simply because YOU think its awesome, does not make it awesome to anyone else. I went with Dust Black because it both accentuates the swooshes, and is the easiest color marker to sell. I recommend something that will be easy to sell. Blue Black Acid Wash is nice, but don't go over board you know?

Example of Bad anno idea:

You get the idea, the excalibur is not a clown car, let it speak for itself with a mellow anno.. 2 colors max, and ones that go well together. And think about it carefully, because after a polished anno its done, you CAN NOT reanno that thing.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:02 AM #39
gunhero5
Aim High - Don't Die

Annual Supporting Member
gunhero5 is a Moderator
gunhero5 is a Supporting Member
gunhero5 is BST Legit
gunhero5 supports Bob Gurnsey
gunhero5 supports our troops
gunhero5 is Immortal
Quote:
My only suggestion is this:

Do not get an anno that makes it hard to sell, simply because YOU think its awesome, does not make it awesome to anyone else. I went with Dust Black because it both accentuates the swooshes, and is the easiest color marker to sell. I recommend something that will be easy to sell. Blue Black Acid Wash is nice, but don't go over board you know?

You get the idea, the excalibur is not a clown car, let it speak for itself with a mellow anno..
I agree

Quote:
I hope it stays with gunhero, I hate to see pinnacle markers passed around like candy..
You can bet I have no plans on letting it go. It's at a good home now (not disregarding previous owners).

Last edited by gunhero5 : 08-21-2011 at 01:05 AM.
gunhero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:38 AM #40
jimmyjobob
long live drop forwards

jimmyjobob is a founding member
very nice alternative to the FSP cut. Beeeutiful.

AKA on the FB
jimmyjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:21 AM #41
mostpeople

tokin, any updates on your build?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 AM #42
tiny_the_tokin_bear
Your Daddy

I've had the ultralite frame milled out to fit a Tadao autococker OLED board, other than that no updates. I'm still debating anno choices, if I was any good with photoshop I would try to use it to test various things out, but I still have yet to hold the marker in my hands since receiving it from you 2 years ago.