PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2011, 02:11 PM #22
KahmannRyan

KahmannRyan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie
alrighty guys school is starting up again, with its vast amount of free time and evil temptation (fast food, all nighters, skipping class, neglecting the gym, etc)... let's post up our own motivational tips for each other so we can ATTEMPT to stay on track, cuz you know how it is:

"ohhhh its friday, i can skip my one class" (that makes 3 fridays in a row)
"well im havin a lot of fun playing CoD, im not goin to the gym/study"

im all for dicking around, but as we all know if you do it too much it WILL bite you in the ***, so let's help each other out. maybe post what you need help with and what you do well and how you do it so others can follow suit. Maybe post up some quotes or pictures that inspire you.

what i need: getting into a gym routine and sticking to it. its so hard when none of my friends at school EVER work out. ill go like 2-3 days in a row and feel great, take my recovery day and never go back...super frustrating.

what i do well: ignoring outside distractions during study time. tips: turn your phone off and put it in your bag, not your pocket or on the table. You need to know that whatever your "missing out on" will come around again; your friends are always playing video games/sports and netflix will have the same show on tomorrow. Its also a great feeling to be at a party and feeling like a boss cuz you studied everything during the week and have nothing to stress about.
I find that planning my workouts goes well. I set reminders in my phone and plan certain times to go. Also put a note in my phone of when I'm going "date & time" and what I'm lifting. That helps motivate me :]
KahmannRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2011, 05:57 PM #23
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickname View Post
-I stressed a lot about what my declared major should be freshmen year of college. I really should not have done this. Typically, college students will change their major at least once before they graduate. Don't stress about it. Take some core classes at first and dont overload yourself. The transition from a high school schedule to a college schedule can be new territory for most people.
The national average is that a college student will change their major 3 times before they graduate. This is obviously an average, I haven't changed my major but I have friends who have done it 4 or 5 times now. It happens, and general education class cross over in majors so it isn't a big deal at all.

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:22 AM #24
eVLution9450
I'm so throwed

I blow off my Intro To Computers class assignments more than any other. They're so terribly monotonous and annoying. I'm a CIS major. Anyone else use the god-forsaken Pearson MyITLab program? It's awful.

I find it easier to sit down and work on assignments from other class that I actually need to learn.

I just felt mah dick move!
eVLution9450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:42 PM #25
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVLution9450 View Post
I blow off my Intro To Computers class assignments more than any other. They're so terribly monotonous and annoying. I'm a CIS major. Anyone else use the god-forsaken Pearson MyITLab program? It's awful.

I find it easier to sit down and work on assignments from other class that I actually need to learn.
whenever i decide to blow off assignments or skip class, i always think forward to the end of the semester when you say to yourself "****! i should have done that **** and got that extra half letter grade"
Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM #26
Bon'Qui'Qui
Forum BOSS

Quote:

I wonder what your grade looks like in that class.
Bon'Qui'Qui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 PM #27
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:

Even though you posted this in october, I used that same program last semester. What school do you go to?

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote