PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-28-2011, 03:12 AM #1
ApkPB
Armed Force #52

ApkPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ApkPB supports Pev's Paintball
Military Shipping Paintball Guns to Germany?

Hey guys,

Dont cut my throat too deep if this has been posted before, which Im sure it has been but i sure as hell cant find it.

I recently PCS'ed to Spangdahlem AB, Germany and all my pb gear is in military storage at my last base with all my house hold goods. None of my stuff is being shipped out here until early Feb 2012 so this isnt a pressing matter, but when my stuff does get shipped is there any chance of problems arising with my Ego 09 with customs?

Ive read threads about guns being detained by customs because they dont have the F-in-the-pentagon mark but im not sure if my Ego does or not. During my in-process brief we had a customs official tell us that paintball guns are considered fire arms but i didnt have time to talk with him in dept. And on the other hand ive read a few articles/threads from other military folk saying you can get certain exceptions and/or people shipping their gun with their house hold goods with no problems.

Like I said, ive read both sides of the story and im still not 100% on this so i thought Id run it through you guys and get your experience and opinions with this issue before I go sit down at the local customs office.

PS - Where the hell are the decent spots near Spang to play at? Every person I ask that say they play paintball gives me the "deer in the headlights" look when I ask about a spot that isnt woods ball or has me ducking behind a shipping crate

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2011, 12:23 PM #2
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
Mine came over in my household goods without a problem. I'm not sure what the german laws are that govern them but they only got a field (the shipping container/ junked car type) when I was leaving that post so I never got to do anything with it other than shoot at pigeons.

My guess is that it will show up just fine.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:24 PM #3
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApkPB View Post
Hey guys,

Dont cut my throat too deep if this has been posted before, which Im sure it has been but i sure as hell cant find it.

I recently PCS'ed to Spangdahlem AB, Germany and all my pb gear is in military storage at my last base with all my house hold goods. None of my stuff is being shipped out here until early Feb 2012 so this isnt a pressing matter, but when my stuff does get shipped is there any chance of problems arising with my Ego 09 with customs?

Ive read threads about guns being detained by customs because they dont have the F-in-the-pentagon mark but im not sure if my Ego does or not. During my in-process brief we had a customs official tell us that paintball guns are considered fire arms but i didnt have time to talk with him in dept. And on the other hand ive read a few articles/threads from other military folk saying you can get certain exceptions and/or people shipping their gun with their house hold goods with no problems.

Like I said, ive read both sides of the story and im still not 100% on this so i thought Id run it through you guys and get your experience and opinions with this issue before I go sit down at the local customs office.

PS - Where the hell are the decent spots near Spang to play at? Every person I ask that say they play paintball gives me the "deer in the headlights" look when I ask about a spot that isnt woods ball or has me ducking behind a shipping crate

Thanks!
Negative, don't even try it. Germany doesn't allow imports of paintwars guns, even if they're the same thing you can buy there. They have to be tested by the German government to be possessed there.

Don't do it. They'll fine the **** out of you. It's not worth it.

Edit: Really Kida? A buddy of mine got in a cluster**** of trouble with the German government. They were trying to charge him with the importation of illegal weapons and a bunch of other ****.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:30 PM #4
kida2
To The Strongest

Mine got packed up with the rest of my **** and arrived just fine... then I sold it form over there online and mailed it back to the states through the APO. I never had any issues.... that being said if someone stands to face legal troubles/ serious fines over it I wouldn't suggest it.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
Old 11-28-2011, 12:31 PM #5
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida2 View Post
Mine got packed up with the rest of my **** and arrived just fine... then I sold it form over there online and mailed it back to the states through the APO. I never had any issues.... that being said if someone stands to face legal troubles/ serious fines over it I wouldn't suggest it.
According to the German government you're an Arms dealer. ****ing terrorist.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:08 PM #6
kida2
To The Strongest

If I'm an arms dealer I'm going to need to get out of this country in something more classy than an MRAP... where's all my cash money $$$?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:13 PM #7
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida2 View Post
If I'm an arms dealer I'm going to need to get out of this country in something more classy than an MRAP... where's all my cash money $$$?
Well if we hadnt destroyed Saddams car collection...
Old 11-28-2011, 01:33 PM #8
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMotivator View Post
According to the German government you're an Arms dealer. ****ing terrorist.
Well ****, I'd do it just for the title, would make more for a nice pick up line. Hello, I'm mike, an International Arms Dealer, wanna ****?

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 PM #9
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
I saw on guns for sale at the Ramstein PX when I was there a few months ago, I think there are rof restrictions as they were all semi auto noob cadillacs
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 PM #10
kotiac cheese
lifes a party

kotiac cheese supports Cereal Killerz 2
kotiac cheese owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kotiac cheese has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kotiac cheese has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i live in germany right near ramstein. i play all the time with my EGO that i brought over in my check on luggage. all i had to do is get the german >68cal stamp and i was good. i have been playing allover germany for years with it.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:40 AM #11
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
im at Ramstein right now and mine came without a problem and im not arms dealer

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM #12
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBodyMan View Post
im at Ramstein right now and mine came without a problem and im not arms dealer
Its illegal though.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:15 PM #13
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
so is cocaine but you have to get caught to make it illegal

point is unless you plan on playing gay euro league you will be playing on base because you need a F stamp and that makes your gun useless back in the real paintball world minus PALS league.

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:45 AM #14
kotiac cheese
lifes a party

kotiac cheese supports Cereal Killerz 2
kotiac cheese owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kotiac cheese has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kotiac cheese has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
you may ship your Pball Marker. but it will be up to your chain of command to tell you whether or not you have to store it in an arms room.....that is if you live in the barracks. but i have housing...so i just keep it in my basement.