Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 PM #1
CockerKid07

has been a member for 10 years
Best place to send my karni for repairs?

I picked up a used karni a few weeks ago that seemed to be abused and then not shot for a year or two. I have been messing with it for two weeks and cannot get it running like it should. Its not as smooth as it should be and I cannot get it to chrono over 250fps. It sweetspots there. I can see 3 threads on the IVG so I dont think that is the problem. I rebuilt the hpr and have run oil through it as well as putting it to factory settings. Anyway I am going out of town and would like to have her running smoothly when I get back so I am thinking of sending it off. I saw theautocockerguy.com . Has anyone ever sent their gun there? Or does anyone else know of a good place I can send it?

Thanks for your help.
CockerKid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2011, 07:07 PM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
try this guy

http://customcockers.com/forum/forum...arker-Services
Old 12-13-2011, 07:39 PM #3
Reddawg

I work on them. PM if interested.
Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 PM #4
mryella
Pink Lady DC2

Dave is awesome, palmers has it listed on their site but not sure if they do or not (expensive tho).
Old 12-14-2011, 11:43 PM #5
Scatlm
equilibrium

No reason to send it out. I built my first Karni and worke dout a number of issues by reading up and having a do it yourself attitue.

And I have to say its a rewarding experience.

If you've tried turning up the IVG up to 4 turns and still cant get over 280 then you just need new springs. Its not that difficult.

You can save yourself $80+ and use that money to buy a couple of cases and play.
Scatlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:04 AM #6
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
There are quite a few people who do work by mail. Be sure to do a little research before sending anything to any of them.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:19 AM #7
AmazingBilldo
I..... win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatlm View Post
No reason to send it out. I built my first Karni and worke dout a number of issues by reading up and having a do it yourself attitue.

And I have to say its a rewarding experience.

If you've tried turning up the IVG up to 4 turns and still cant get over 280 then you just need new springs. Its not that difficult.

You can save yourself $80+ and use that money to buy a couple of cases and play.
while i do have the same attitude as you, many people are not mechanically inclined, and messing up a cocker during a rebuild is a great way for the inexperienced get turned off of them. Or, he may be in the same boat as me right now, no time to do anything about it, or learn how to do it if he didnt know

at any rate, the link hmcl sent is where i would go if i didnt know what to do.
AmazingBilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 PM #8
thecockergod
thecockergod

karni-fun

I can tinker with it a bit. Love me an unhappy cocker, gives me something to do. Pm if interested
thecockergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:58 AM #9
jromezz

use dave from customcockers...

he has my jeff orr cocker right at this moment, has been in touch the whole time and I have spoken to numerous people who have used him , only have heard great things.

pricing is great also, best deal probably. $20 for tune/timing or fixing whatever issue that you tell him it has, if any parts are needed he will call you and tell you before any additional costs are added. if anything major like an LPR or noid or anything is needed he can get it and install it for additional costs...

real flexible and can do basically anything, normal turnaround is 48 hours he told me. Have spoken to him over the phone numerous times, I wouldnt worry about anything.

Last edited by jromezz : 01-07-2012 at 05:02 AM.
jromezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:31 AM #10
thecockergod
thecockergod

If you trust yourself to tear it down, I suggest a new spring set and close it back up. Sounds like your front pneumatics are fine, or you woulda said so. Re-spring it and run it!