Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 PM #1
virid1an

Reasonable/Necessary upgrades for a trilogy comp. pump?

i just wana know what are some good upgrades that would be worth it for an autococker trilogy competition with a pump. i got the entire thing for free from my friend. what should i get?
virid1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 PM #2
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode

Annual Supporting Member
CrazyDriver84 supports Sherwood Forest
CrazyDriver84 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I won't upgrade anything except maybe the trigger frame. Replace the hinge with a slider if that's more your style.
CrazyDriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 PM #3
virid1an

ok thanks.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 AM #4
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Get a barrel kit if you don't already have one. With pump guns, you have to underbore, otherwise you'll have terrible consistency and that's if the balls don't just roll completely out of the barrel before firing. That's really the first and most important upgrade for any pump gun or Autococker.

Once you get a barrel kit and start underboring with decent quality paint, you'll probably get very good results over the chrono. Mine gets +/- 1fps over the chrono shooting Marbalizers through a .679 Freak insert -- I've never seen a reason to upgrade the valve, lol. But if you're not getting pretty good consistency a reg upgrade might be in order. However, I think the stock reg on that gun probably works just fine. But remember, the first thing that needs to happen is underboring and even more importantly; good paint. (you won't be shooting near as much.) A lot of people chase their tails when it comes to consistency, thinking they need a regulator upgrade/servicing when really their problem is bad paint and not underboring.

Other than that, what CrazyDriver84 said. You don't need a two-finger trigger on a pump gun, so a lot of times a slider frame just feels more comfortable/appropriate. I picked up a WGP slider frame for about $20 for mine, and I really like how it feels. That's not to say you can't use a 2-finger frame though. After that, go out and gog some fools!

*Also -- don't worry about taking flak for "upgrading a Trilogy." They are fine guns; and I challenge anyone to tell me otherwise after facing me on the field with mine. And finally, pretty much any upgrade you put on it can later be transferred to a standard Autococker if you find one you like even better. (Except the pump kit itself; those are specific to the Trilogy.)

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg

Last edited by loneassassin : 01-06-2012 at 07:29 AM.
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 PM #5
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode

Annual Supporting Member
CrazyDriver84 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
Get a barrel kit if you don't already have one. With pump guns, you have to underbore, otherwise you'll have terrible consistency and that's if the balls don't just roll completely out of the barrel before firing. That's really the first and most important upgrade for any pump gun or Autococker.

Once you get a barrel kit and start underboring with decent quality paint, you'll probably get very good results over the chrono. Mine gets +/- 1fps over the chrono shooting Marbalizers through a .679 Freak insert -- I've never seen a reason to upgrade the valve, lol. But if you're not getting pretty good consistency a reg upgrade might be in order. However, I think the stock reg on that gun probably works just fine. But remember, the first thing that needs to happen is underboring and even more importantly; good paint. (you won't be shooting near as much.) A lot of people chase their tails when it comes to consistency, thinking they need a regulator upgrade/servicing when really their problem is bad paint and not underboring.

Other than that, what CrazyDriver84 said. You don't need a two-finger trigger on a pump gun, so a lot of times a slider frame just feels more comfortable/appropriate. I picked up a WGP slider frame for about $20 for mine, and I really like how it feels. That's not to say you can't use a 2-finger frame though. After that, go out and gog some fools!

*Also -- don't worry about taking flak for "upgrading a Trilogy." They are fine guns; and I challenge anyone to tell me otherwise after facing me on the field with mine. And finally, pretty much any upgrade you put on it can later be transferred to a standard Autococker if you find one you like even better. (Except the pump kit itself; those are specific to the Trilogy.)
I agree with the barrel kit. By far the best thing you can get. If not a barrel kit get something small like .679. I shoot an Eignenbarrel and I love it: www.lurkerpb.com/barrels/the-eigenbarrel/

FYI The valve is different in a trilogy and will not carry over to a new gun. Also the stock reg is actually a pretty good reg so upgrading would probably be a downgrade.
CrazyDriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:55 PM #6
virid1an

Thanks I'll keep the Eignenbarrel in mind if i ever decide to upgrade.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:39 PM #7
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If i could recomend one barrel it would be a deadlywind. Full carbon, an it takes freak inserts
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote