PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2011, 10:12 PM #22
PhantomDuckie

PhantomDuckie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PhantomDuckie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It all depends on if the guy just wants to fly and how he wants to. If he wants to search and rescue type level flying then CG, thats there bread and butter. Combat blowing **** up Army for sure. If you want to deliver people and supplies off a ship and Anti-submarine warfare (joke) Navy. I don't know much about AF Helos. Also, doesn't the Marines have some close air support Helos??

Doing what I do and getting lost behind emeny lines 1 field at a time.
PhantomDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2011, 10:58 PM #23
robot0ninja

i wanted to fly an osprey. but i do like the army's chinook. i dont want to fly an attack helicopter

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:08 AM #24
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
I don't think the Osprey is a helicopter... I could be wrong but I would think it's a fixed wing pilot thing. They also have a bad track record with crashing... just saying.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:42 AM #25
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
That's one bird I'll never step foot in. Chinooks are bad enough.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:56 AM #26
Dynastyfan2021
It's the killer rabbit!

Dynastyfan2021 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lurker/Marine NFO officer candidate here, so I probably don't know a hell of a lot compared to the guys in here.
I do know that the Osprey is a tilt rotor (Takes off/lands like a helo, flies like a regular prop plane), so you end up having to do helo school and fixed wing school, so it's one of the longest times in schools out of all the airframes that the Marines fly. That, and the reputation other people have mentioned. If you want to fly it badly enough, get in touch with a Marine Officer Selection Office and talk to them about aviation contracts.

"There's nothing wrong with me. YOU, on the other hand, have A BULLET INSIDE OF YOU"

Ego8
(looking to buy or trade for a REDCCU kit)

Last edited by Dynastyfan2021 : 12-11-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Dynastyfan2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:05 PM #27
robot0ninja

I just want to go to college and fly.

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:33 PM #28
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
You can want in one hand....

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:22 PM #29
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja
Im going into the military to become a helicopter pilot for the US Army when i graduate high school. I know they have a warrant officer program right after high school that you can go into after BCT, but i was thinking it would be more worth while to go to college and ROTC and become a commissioned officer and go to flight school from there because of 1: I still get to do what i want, which is serve my country and fly; 2, i get a college degree; and 3, i get payed more for doing the same thing. Anyone that is a pilot for the Army, can you guys help me out and let me know if you think it would be better to go to college first and ROTC or enlist out of high school?
College, but there is no guarantee that you will fly unless you get accepted into a para/Lin in the guard/reserves prior to commissioning. Otherwise when you assess, you throw your name in the hat with the other new LT's for a branch. The Army needs chemical officers...just sayin
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote