Other (please make sure you post your suggestion) 8 7.02%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2011, 10:03 AM #64
Johnnymac631

Johnnymac631 plays in the PSP
Johnnymac631 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Johnnymac631 is an NCPA player
Johnnymac631 plays in the APPA D3 division
I agree with Cucci67, adding d6 would make a distinct difference between beginner and ameurture , also most d6 players who play a whole season or do well in a event will reflect with points and with move along through the ranks .

Now what would the other ranking be d3/d4?

Play the Quickshot 3 man Paintball 2014 Series !
Johnnymac631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 AM #65
Cucci67
KING of the PlayGround

Annual Supporting Member
Cucci67 plays in the PSP
Cucci67 donated to help Peyton Trent
Cucci67 plays in the APPA D2 division
The GPL could have a D4 division within it self, the majority of the players in the leaugue are ranked D4. I think you could execute this and the d4 division still would have the largest amount of teams in it. So essentially you would have:

D5/6 - w/ no D4 players
D4 - Allow 1 D3 player
D2/3 - Allow 1 D1 player (D1 player isn't 100% necessary but I'd like to see it)

IMO this would be the the all around best option for the sake of attracting the most teams aswell as spreading out skill level. This would make the transations through the divisions easier too. The current jump from D4/5 to D2/3 is a big one.
www.playgroundpaintballpark.com
PLAYGROUND LEGENDS
l The Playground l PGPL l Valken l SLY l DLX l Raza l Captain Oring l
Cucci67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:22 AM #66
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Has there ever been a D5/D6 division in other tournament series? Not to offend anyone, but isn't the D4/D5 division considered the beginner division in tournament paintball?

Are there even enough of those kinds of teams to warrant a division devoted solely to them?

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:52 PM #67
carlin3
Crusader Paintball

carlin3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
carlin3 is for the Gunfight
carlin3 posts videos on PbNation
carlin3 plays in the APPA D4 division
carlin3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I feel that no changes are needed, my team entered the gpl event 5 two years ago and didn't do so well as we were rookies, so we can back and played more and started to place higher and higher. I see no need to change it, especially since its been growing more and more throughout the years
carlin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:47 PM #68
andyschein
OcD

andyschein plays in the PSP
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
5 man stays the same
Add an open Division 7 man
Best Field/Grass in the NorthEast
andyschein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:06 PM #69
hunter23j

hunter23j plays in the PSP
hunter23j owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hunter23j plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions View Post
This is in NO WAY bashing the NPPL or their system however, this is the current problem. There is no real true publicized ranking system or for that matter, unified system with the NPPL. We currently go by APPA. That is as national as we can make it. They handle the PSP rankings. So if a player plays D3 in PSP (and is ranked D3), then he/she can NOT play GPL/MAPL D4/D5. That is as close as we can make it. Yes, in the one season NPPL (aka USPL) used APPA, it was recognized, but since then, there is no official way to prove or even disprove a player in the NPPL System. You cant go by photos, players wear other players jersyes all the time. You can only go by the hearsay, and we can not take that word. ONE DAY, ONE DAY Im hoping that this will all eventually level out and have a true unified system within the sport. Until then, we are going with the APPA which does recognise one side of the players ranking system. It is the best that I can offer to you guys the players.

Also keep in mind, any other event/series that uses rankings, they do the same thing, especially those who use the APPA system. It is not just myself.
Cyndi, i don't know why people always complain about not playing against more skilled players stating that it is not fair. I would agree with this only if we were playing against newbies at a rec field.
We are at a regional tournament...not at a rec field.
Now, what would some of these people do if some players that play PRO at (Millenium or the Canadian league) come to play GPL? By the way, they are not ranked by APPA. This by the way has happened in the past, I have seen Canadian teams come and play GPL.
Also the APPA in my opinion is very FLAWED just like the NPPL ranking. I have played with and against many players that were supposed to play like let's say 1,000 APPA points, and they performed like they were 100 pts.
I have also played against players that were 100 or 200 pts (D4) and they played like they were 1000 or 1800 (which is D3 or D2).
Playing against more skilled players will help everyone get better. Trust me on this. This is one of the reasons why you play at a big event. To play against the best.
Imho, GPL should follow D3 PSP rules in regards to player classification limits.
Think before you act.
Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few people do it.

http://www.topgunpaintball.com/
hunter23j is offline   Reply With Quote