Old 01-01-2012, 10:10 PM #43
the other one
World Peace

has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCerealKillerx View Post
how so
Wait a second.... Are you ****ing serious?

Allow me to demonstrate, using your own posts.

In red.
Again.
(for the 4th time).

Quote:
bro, the thing is its the principal. The situation should not change your beliefs. Regular military should not operate in conjunction with US citizens. Its just flat out against the constitution and posse concomitants act. Point blank. Be it all special operations groups or regular legs, none of them should operate on US soil, the situation in which its justified does not matter.
1. Principal should be Principle. Yep, I'm going there.
2. In conjunction with means that we work with civilians. We do. They're called contractors, diplomats, etc...
3. Posse Comitatus Act. What you said means something to the effect of "group accompanying act". That **** makes as much sense as manbearpig, and I'm super serial.
4. We operate on US Soil 24/7/365.25...... in every embassy worldwide. But you say the situation doesn't matter.

Quote:
semantics

Pretty sure we went to war over "facts vs. semantics" in 2003. You sound a lot like the very politicians you hate right now.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM #44
xCerealKillerx
EMTB:who wants band-aids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt go vroom View Post
Seriously. What facts are you selling us? You're a kid. There's people who've seen more combat then you would in 20 lifetimes.

Why are you even here? You're acting as if we're all 17 year olds going to basic and trying to preach to use to save the people amen!
I assure you im no"kid." When was the last "kid" emt you have last seen?

you have seen combat and? whats your point. Iv already told you why im here on the last page. You guys are smart now. lets see how slick tongued you are when that 5% raises up, just wait. I hope it doesn't go there, but you guys are more than willing to take it there.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 PM #45
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:

you have seen combat and? whats your point. Iv already told you why im here on the last page. You guys are smart now. lets see how slick tongued you are when that 5% raises up, just wait. I hope it doesn't go there, but you guys are more than willing to take it there.
I'm cool with you being detained.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:11 PM #46
xCerealKillerx
EMTB:who wants band-aids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMotivator View Post
I'm cool with you being detained.
and im cool with you taking buck to your face through a door as you try and collect guns.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:12 PM #47
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

You're an EMT, and???

Cwutididthar?

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 PM #48
the other one
World Peace

Quote:
dear baby Jesus, please don't ever be the one to patch me up. Pass me to the guy who can use basic English.... I'll assume he passed his classes in highschool.

Your sig has "lesson" spelled incorrectly, dudebroman. I can't take you seriously. At all.

Quote:
I have no idea what the **** you just said. I will maintain my ability to articulate my thoughts, though... so I'll still win that fight.

I blog.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:31 PM #49
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
and im cool with you taking buck to your face through a door as you try and collect guns.
Im an Officer, I wont be doing it, you big silly.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:44 PM #50
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

Quote:

G.S.P
Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 PM #51
imp pimp 101
Weekend Warrior

I like how he capitalized officer lol

Forums for NM paintballers are back!

SP arent nazis, their just misunderstood!
imp pimp 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:55 PM #52
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp pimp 101 View Post
I like how he capitalized officer lol
Me too
Old 01-01-2012, 11:57 PM #53
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
I'm skipping a lot of the stupidity of this thread, but i really just want to comment on one thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
Ohh Chris, you make me laugh sometimes.

I don't think the average Joe has to worry about the 82nd ABN coming and knocking down your door. If anything, I see the SpecOps guys doing the detaining. When those guys get called into play then you were probably doing something you shouldn't have. I'm all for Domestic terrorists being whacked on the home turf, if they are in fact 100% guilty of a heinous crime. Saves tax money considering they won't have to go to court. I'm looking at this like anwar al-awlaki being whacked in the US and not in Yemen.

I still don't like the bill though. Had it been drafted differently and not rushed through, I might of have a change in feelings.
I tend to side on the idea that if you get your door knocked down by someone, you were probably doing something you shouldn't have done. Having family that works in the government and family in the military. Its pretty well established that our government has its head so far up its own *** its not even funny. Who knows though, maybe I'm just brainwashed and there are secret hit squads running around the US killing people and covering it up.

While i agree that the idea of being able to capture domestic terrorist sounds like a great idea, but what about our system doesn't allow that now? Most major cities have task forces set up to take on different situations. As an example, In Houston there is a task force consisting of HPD, Fort Bend County, Harris County, State Troopers, ICE, DEA, FBI and ATF. This group will execute search warrants and can be used for things like domestic terrorism. Since ICE is an administrative department and not a law enforcement department they can detain anyone for 24-48 hours under suspicion of being an illegal citizen. This isn't a rumor or anything like that, these groups already exist all over the US. What does this bill allow that these groups could not do?

The interesting part about this is the fear mongering, really. At first something starts as fear mongering but all it takes is one judge with the balls to push the envelope and you have a precedent. That's the slippery slope that is worrisome. Once you allow the government an inch, someone will try to make it a mile. That's something great about our system when its working correctly. I'm not afraid of the military banging down my door and taking my guns or something. I just don't like the idea of making the government any more powerful than is absolutely necessary.

Ive asked a few people i know that work in law enforcement about what they thought about this bill and would they do it if they had to. Most of them are under the same idea as the rest of the country. People aren't just going to come break down a door and kill or arrest someone for no reason. Its not like police and the military are mindless drones that don't realize what they are doing.
Quote:
Clever girl....

OH GOD SOMEONE JUST BUSTED DOWN MY DOOR. TELL MY STORY!

Last edited by Burninator : 01-02-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:00 AM #54
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

The only thing it changes is indefinite detention of US citizens, which shouldnt be a problem. We did it during the Civil War.

Not to mention Habeas Corpus isn't guaranteed by the Constitution, therefore it isn't a right.

Last edited by CptMotivator : 01-02-2012 at 12:04 AM.
CptMotivator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 AM #55
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
Oh man... we have a new troll
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:16 AM #56
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is Legendary
Quote:
A mod not raping us? Well, that's a pleasant surprise
Dont get used to it. You're just lucky ive already gotten some tonight or i would be lookin for some fresh meat.

Quote:
The only thing it changes is indefinite detention of US citizens, which shouldnt be a problem. We did it during the Civil War.

Not to mention Habeas Corpus isn't guaranteed by the Constitution, therefore it isn't a right.
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A1Sec9
Quote:
The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
I don't know if i could say its not guaranteed but i think it pretty clearly points out that there are times when its not applicable. We have done it plenty of times. We detained people with Japanese heritage during WW2 just in case....

Last edited by Burninator : 01-02-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:29 AM #57
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

That's not a garuntee. It was enacted by Federal law in 1794 but nowhere in the constitution does it say its guaranteed
Old 01-02-2012, 12:32 AM #58
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

I didn't notice until jack pointed it out awhile ago, but I really do think this is only for teir1 units and the such, since they will probably do the door kicking. IMHO I think they are better trained anyway since they have have real world experience. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if the CIA whacked people here and there either. I would rather the bill not have been passed and let the CIA just handle the **** that needs to be handled without the public's knowledge.

G.S.P
Old 01-02-2012, 12:34 AM #59
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
I didn't notice until jack pointed it out awhile ago, but I really do think this is only for teir1 units and the such, since they will probably do the door kicking. IMHO I think they are better trained anyway since they have have real world experience. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if the CIA whacked people here and there either. I would rather the bill not have been passed and let the CIA just handle the **** that needs to be handled without the public's knowledge.
Oh I'm sure they do.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 AM #60
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is Legendary
Quote:
I didn't notice until jack pointed it out awhile ago, but I really do think this is only for teir1 units and the such, since they will probably do the door kicking. IMHO I think they are better trained anyway since they have have real world experience. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if the CIA whacked people here and there either. I would rather the bill not have been passed and let the CIA just handle the <del>****</del> that needs to be handled without the public's knowledge.
Hoover also wore a dress and had gay orgies at home.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 AM #61
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

I wanna see the movie that just came out. I know very little about him but I heard the movie tells his life pretty well, so I figure I'll use that for a crash course on his history. From what I know, he had Machiavellian tendencies and I like Machiavelli. And what he does in his spare time is no business to me, as long as he's doing what needs to be done.

G.S.P
Old 01-02-2012, 03:07 AM #62
the other one
World Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
While i agree that the idea of being able to capture domestic terrorist sounds like a great idea, but what about our system doesn't allow that now? Most major cities have task forces set up to take on different situations. As an example, In Houston there is a task force consisting of HPD, Fort Bend County, Harris County, State Troopers, ICE, DEA, FBI and ATF. This group will execute search warrants and can be used for things like domestic terrorism. Since ICE is an administrative department and not a law enforcement department they can detain anyone for 24-48 hours under suspicion of being an illegal citizen. This isn't a rumor or anything like that, these groups already exist all over the US. What does this bill allow that these groups could not do?
It'll create redundancy... which the government loves so much. Also, the problem (in the past) with many of the task forces is that jurisdictional control over much of that stuff is always subject to bitter infighting, and witholding information or assets between entities (the first bombing of the WTC buildings taught us that lesson... which we forgot by the millennium). Hopefully those problems have been fixed, but whatever. Redundancy. It's useful in some instances.... but I'm not confident this would be one of them. It has a mass potential to do more harm than good.
Quote:
The interesting part about this is the fear mongering, really. At first something starts as fear mongering but all it takes is one judge with the balls to push the envelope and you have a precedent. That's the slippery slope that is worrisome. Once you allow the government an inch, someone will try to make it a mile. That's something great about our system when its working correctly. I'm not afraid of the military banging down my door and taking my guns or something. I just don't like the idea of making the government any more powerful than is absolutely necessary.
I definitely agree.

Quote:
Ive asked a few people i know that work in law enforcement about what they thought about this bill and would they do it if they had to. Most of them are under the same idea as the rest of the country. People aren't just going to come break down a door and kill or arrest someone for no reason. Its not like police and the military are mindless drones that don't realize what they are doing.
According to our thread starter, we are mindless drones that love our bankers and congressmen, and will be shot in the face by a 5% in some mythical doorway. I don't have any idea what the **** he's talking about... but I can only hope he's just a really good troll.... which would be awesome, because he'd be the first to troll our little group successfully.

Quote:
A mod not raping us? Well, that's a pleasant surprise
Dude... it's Burninator. He's level-headed and smart as ****.

I blog.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:58 AM #63
PhantomDuckie

PhantomDuckie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PhantomDuckie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
to answer the first question asked since I have not gotten in on the melee. If I come to knock down your door there are probably alot of freaking zombies behind me and I need your guns anyways.

Also, who the hell is this 5% anyways? And if 5% agrees with something and 95% disagrees then I call it a landslide victory for the 95%. As long as the 95% are real living breathing people that are not voting 5 or 20 times like in some places.

Oh and as far as a 17 year old being an EMT, he was close he was 18 by a few months, he did good work to they just didn't let him drive. (alittle scarey behind the wheel, i think he played twisted metal alittle too much)

Doing what I do and getting lost behind emeny lines 1 field at a time.

Last edited by PhantomDuckie : 01-02-2012 at 08:23 AM.
PhantomDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote