PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 PM #1
Scatlm
equilibrium

Karni solenoid leak help

Hello,

I recently put together a Karni and I'm getting a leak out of the front of the solenoid. The solenoid and gasket came out of a brand new eblade 1 that has been sitting at my house for about a year. It has never been used.

Please help me. I've tried relubing the gasket on both sides like 10 times and I've done all of the following:

- I used a fresh battery.
- The board turns on.
- The pancake noid clicks when I pull the trigger.
- the marker cocks when I pull the trigger, and it fires.
- IVG is turned in twice, LPR is backed out completely and whne I air it up I turn it-in incrementally and the leak comes out from the front of the solenoid as I pressurize the LPR
- The bolt has the small opening facing downwards like its supposed to.
- CHanged HPR regs, leak still persists
- All the hosing is correctly installed with no leaks.
- I reset the board to factory fast.

Now here's what happened when I aired it up:

- Turned the marker on, Pulled the trigger, it cocks and fires fine but it leaks out of the front solenoid
- As I turn up the LPR it starts to leak from the front of the solenoid as soon as I pressurize it enough for the marker to start cocking from the solenoid.

Then I de-gassed and did the following:

- Removed the solenoid from the housing about 7 times.
- Cleaned up the solenoid housing, solenoid, and the gasket. Both interior housing of the solenoid and the gasket look fine with no dinks or scratches. I made sure the gasket was installed properly and it was lubed on both sides. I lubed the gasket, and I slowly slid it back into place and screwed it in.
- Put the marker back together.
- Repeated the steps earlier. Once I adjust the LPR just a bit, it leaks again.
- To make sure that the gasket was seating properly. I did the install step again and I still get a leak once I turned up my LPR.

Other things I looked at:
- I tried the unhooking the front hose from the ram to see if it leaked and the leak still came out of the solenoid.
- If I slowly turn up the LPR, the operating pressure creeps up as it should and the gun fires harder and harder but the leak also gets worse and worse.

Last edited by Scatlm : 12-11-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:53 AM #2
Yayrage

Yayrage owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You might need a new gasket. Had that problem once on my Karni. No matter how good it looked visually, it never sealed up properly. Also might have dried and cracked during the year it's been unused.
Yayrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 AM #3
Reddawg

Wipe the grease off the gasket and try it dry.
Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:39 PM #4
tacxplosion

if none of the above work, try running a bit of oil (2-3 drops) through the LPR into the 'noid (take LPR adjustment screw, spring and piston off and try to get the drops into the LPR barb, then replace everything and raise LPR to cocking pressure), that cured a leak on mine (would leak after 50 PSI, made a pressure tester just for that 'noid) after I tried a new gasket and lubing the 'noid spool with DOW33 to no avail.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 AM #5
leed

leed is a Moderator
Gasket seal for sure. Which I think you've narrowed it down to already. Sometimes it's luck of the draw, honestly. I bought 3 solenoids off a guy for 15 dollars (total) once, he said they all leaked. I cleaned them and hooked each of them up, and they were all fine. Go figure.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:50 PM #6
Scatlm
equilibrium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayrage View Post
You might need a new gasket. Had that problem once on my Karni. No matter how good it looked visually, it never sealed up properly. Also might have dried and cracked during the year it's been unused.
The eblade was actually left behind from around 03-04 and my local shop still had it and sold it for $50. Everything brand new in the box including manual. But It's been sitting at my house for a little over a year. So maybe the gasket has microscopic cracks or something, who knows.

I'm looking at the gaskets at paintballgateway, but man, $20 for a gasket. And I'm not even 100% sure it'll work. I'm trying to get QEVs to discard the RAM as the issue isnce its the only used part I got off ebay.

Thanks for the responses. I'll also try cleaning it and trying it dry.

Last edited by Scatlm : 12-12-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 PM #7
Washington Reign

Did you ever get this fixed? I assume you're Loki from the CC forums
Washington Reign is offline   Reply With Quote