so i got my kit in friday and went about installing it. the bolt kit went into the the gun with relative ease. tubing however... well... this is what my post is about.
After a few e-mails with Yoda, he said it would be OK to post a few pictures on how/where to route and place the tubing.
Starting with a few pics:
Left-side, pretty much stock looking with an upgraded HPR (it was the only one i had, seeing as the stock Ion reg has seized up and is unusable) and the only visible difference between stock and this kit is that hose in the back:
Just cracked open, best shot of how hoses CAN be routed (Sharpie to make that lime-green tube not so... well... lime) that lime-to-black tube is actually routed between the solenoid and the body with no kinks or binds:
Yoda mentioned that his kit relocates the small banjo fitting to the rear, however my parts bin allowed me to use an old barb from an autococker LPR, allowing me to only drill a 1/8 inch hole in the back of the body instead of carving a larger section out.
//Hindsight has caught up and told me that i could have kept the small banjo where it was and relocated the 90* barb included in the kit to the back, but i think i'll just stick with this for now. i think it looks cool.//
Body Cuts to route tubing neatly within the frame:
lastly, everything installed close-up:
Install time (not counting how long it took me to figure out how to route things) is about30-45 minutes, depending on what tools you have at hand. i used a drill and an x-acto knife (as can be clearly seen on the horrendously rough edges)
if more pics are needed just let me know, i'll gladly take more.