Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-28-2011, 03:37 PM #1
Nofx_Kid
EVIL

Nofx_Kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nofx_Kid is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Aftermarket oled boards

Is there any word on aftermarket oled boards for the etha?

Ballers Haven Paintball
Shooters Inc
"I gotta go put my wallet in the blender to stop myself from going ham on all this new stuff coming out."
Nofx_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 PM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I've not heard of anyone developing a board, but that doesn't mean a whole lot - some companies may prefer to keep their developments quiet until they are ready to release a product.

The Etha board is smaller than most, which might complicate matters. I'm no board designer, but I would have to assume that a board with an OLED is more complex than one with a single multi-colour LED, and other than the display itself (of course), that additional components may be required, which may in turn dictate just how small an OLED equipped board can be.

If no-one else were to try, it is always possible that 7th Element may give it a go - they have stated that they would be willing to develop OLED boards for less common markers if there were enough people willing to buy the resulting product.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:34 AM #3
Nofx_Kid
EVIL

Nofx_Kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nofx_Kid is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
I've not heard of anyone developing a board, but that doesn't mean a whole lot - some companies may prefer to keep their developments quiet until they are ready to release a product.

The Etha board is smaller than most, which might complicate matters. I'm no board designer, but I would have to assume that a board with an OLED is more complex than one with a single multi-colour LED, and other than the display itself (of course), that additional components may be required, which may in turn dictate just how small an OLED equipped board can be.

If no-one else were to try, it is always possible that 7th Element may give it a go - they have stated that they would be willing to develop OLED boards for less common markers if there were enough people willing to buy the resulting product.
Seems logical. I just haven't heard much about stock board settings, and i am interested in just shooting an etha for a while.

Ballers Haven Paintball
Shooters Inc
"I gotta go put my wallet in the blender to stop myself from going ham on all this new stuff coming out."
Nofx_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 AM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The stock board has capped and uncapped semi, and capped ramping (PSP and Millennium). The cap can be adjusted up to 15bps. In that respect, it's all you really need for tournament style play.

On top of that, you can adjust the eye off rate of fire (4.0-15.0bps), dwell and debounce. Eye on ROF cap, eye off ROF and dwell can all be adjusted in increments of 0.1.

Admittedly, that doesn't seem like a lot of available adjustments, but it gets the job done.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:06 AM #5
huckduck

huckduck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
huckduck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
huckduck plays in the APPA D5 division
i can see a grip OLED board coming out (ie virtue)
huckduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:51 PM #6
svt.cobra

seventh element may be working on one in the future.

FT. Campbell KY/ Clarksville TN/ U.S. Army

(\__/) put this bunny in your sig so he can acheive
(='.'=)world domination!!!
(")_(")
svt.cobra is offline   Reply With Quote