PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2011, 01:20 AM #1
ngroat7007 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
My Fennec Fox

So instead of reviving that dead fennec fox thread I thought I would make my own and answer any questions you have about these little guys.

This is Rango and you can see im in the exotic pet thread I made as well.

Anyway they do make good pets but you need to really know about them and dedicate time to them. I work from home so I have plenty of time to give to him.

Any questions just ask away.
ngroat7007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2011, 05:39 PM #2
payroll
Scenario Event Promoter

That is awesome, love the video of him going crazy. So what kind of special care do they need?
FB: Payroll Productions
www.payrollproductions.com
payroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:50 PM #3
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
What do they eat for food? How difficult is it to train them to use a litter box? Do they deal well with colder weather. How much would I expect to pay for a kit from a reputable breeder/source?
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Eternal Acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:51 PM #4
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

From what i remember from skimming stuff they can eat dog/cat food. they like superworms as treats.

as far as special care, i know for sure they need A LOT of time/attention. if you aren't willing to focus a good amount of your energy on one, don't bother.

but thats all i know
cook. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:03 PM #5
huh101

huh101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
huh101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I see they don't listen.

huh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 PM #6
ngroat7007 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by payroll View Post
That is awesome, love the video of him going crazy. So what kind of special care do they need?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia View Post
What do they eat for food? How difficult is it to train them to use a litter box? Do they deal well with colder weather. How much would I expect to pay for a kit from a reputable breeder/source?
I hear they are a hit or miss with the litter box. Its tough for me because I give him his own room so he can always be happy. I have to clean the floor every other day but hes starting to use the litter box about 25% of the time.

If it gets to be below 60 I hear they will begin to shiver. I just took him home to NY for christmas and he did just fine in my basement with a heater (the basement is finished and I stay down there too.)

Expect to pay $1,500 from a breeder. That is if you ever get to that point. I waited four years on 20+ lists and the only reason I got this guy was because the person who was supposed to pick him up died. She sent an email blast out to everyone on the list and thanks to my droid I was the first to answer. Average wait time is about 6 years hear. Its tough for new people to get into the market because now I have priority over everyone else as well since she knows its well taken care of and I have experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook. View Post
From what i remember from skimming stuff they can eat dog/cat food. they like superworms as treats.

as far as special care, i know for sure they need A LOT of time/attention. if you aren't willing to focus a good amount of your energy on one, don't bother.

but thats all i know
They can eat dog and cat food but they should not have much grain in their diet. I have a wild canid food that I found and it works well. Other than that I give him vegetables and fruits (they have a sweet tooth). However I have to admit he also has an occasional chip and he loves crackers.

He also needs a taurine supplement

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh101 View Post
I see they don't listen.
Hes only three months old. When hes excited (99% of the time) I dont expect him to really listen.
ngroat7007 is offline   Reply With Quote