Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2011, 04:53 PM #1
RojPup

E1 3-way leaking + E1/E2 compatability

I've been having issues with the 3-way solenoid leaking from the top of the manifold and coming out the bottom. I've got four gaskets, all are 100% perfect even after looking at them under a magnifying glass. I've replaced the solenoid however that isn't the issue. I'm thinking that it might be the cover.

So with that hunch, I bought another cover that would compliment my current setup. Turns out it was an E2 cover and not an E1. My fault for not making sure I was getting what I thought I ordered, but we all make mistakes. I could sell it for what I have in it and just move on, but I'm considering getting an E2 'noid and I'm unsure if that will work with my E1 board. If not I know I'll either have to just do the full conversion to E2 and live with it (no big deal, it just means I won't be using it any time soon.

Either way, I have an E1 'cocker with a leak somewhere in the 3-way, an E1 and E2 cover, four E1 gaskets that are all flawless compared to an untouched gasket, an E1 board and plenty of free time on my hands. Any suggestions on what I should do? By all means, if you need more information I'll be more than willing to answer and I do thank you in advance for replying!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:59 PM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
lpr might be to high and use some soap and water to determine where the leaks is really coming from.

the noids are the same so will work with e1 or e2
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:20 PM #3
RojPup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
lpr might be to high and use some soap and water to determine where the leaks is really coming from.

the noids are the same so will work with e1 or e2
My E2 noid cover has a huge square hole up top where the hose fittings would be. I don't think this particular cover will work with a standard E1 noid unless I'm missing something completely.

Here's a pic for a better look.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:05 AM #4
hmcl281

the noid goes inside, same noid you find in e1. your missing the top plate with the barbs, you need those with e2 cover.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:24 AM #5
cycocivic

you will need to get a air manifold to screw the noid on to. have you tried to disassembly the solenoid and checking the oring on the rod? all the info is in the eblade manual, which is available online?
cycocivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:53 AM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

yea, your missing the piece that goes in between the noid and casing, fully assembled it should look like this:

the noids are all the same between the worrblade, SF, E1, and E2 frames. theres a couple slight differences like with the karnivor cover (barbs point to the side), but the noid and gasket are all the same.

edit: make sure the gasket is in place properly. its easy for it to be just a hair off center and cause a leak.

make sure the lpr isnt set too high. noid vents at 90psi as a safety measure.

also make sure its not the ram shaft o-ring. if its bad air leaks past and back out the noid, thus looking like the cocking noid is the culprit. pop the front hose off the ram and if air comes out the front of the ram is the shaft oring.

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 11-10-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:34 AM #7
RojPup

shaft o-rings are fine. I've had this issue with both noids.

lpr shouldn't be set too high. as I've backed off the reg (with no air) and turned it up (with air) and it leaks no matter what the output is and no matter what gasket I have.

and how do you get that gasket to stay in place during installation? that's always bugged the hell out of me.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:54 AM #8
hmcl281

use the screws and dow 33 to keep the gasket in place.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:02 PM #9
RojPup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
use the screws and dow 33 to keep the gasket in place.
haha, at least I am doing it right. I thought there would be a better way.

ill try the things people have mentioned tonight and see if anything works out.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:32 PM #10
RojPup

K, made 100% sure that the gasket was in place. Still leaked.

Backed off the lpr (with no air) and gassed it up, then turned the lpr to where it'll actually cycle the bolt. Still leaks.

So I'm still thinking that it may be my cover. It is leaking from the inside and the air is venting out of the bottom of the cover. Anyone got one of those top plates? Or would anyone want to do a straight trade for my E2 cover for ANY cover that will suit my needs?

Last edited by RojPup : 11-13-2011 at 12:52 PM.
RojPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:26 AM #11
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

most likely time for a new gasket:

http://www.paintballgateway.com/wgpauebcosom.html

also they have the noids and covers for pretty cheap...the noid/gasket combo isnt much more than just the gasket.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:13 PM #12
RojPup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
most likely time for a new gasket:

http://www.paintballgateway.com/wgpauebcosom.html

also they have the noids and covers for pretty cheap...the noid/gasket combo isnt much more than just the gasket.
I've got four gaskets. All four are 100% mint. One came on the gun, and I bought a three-pack in September. Putting a brand new gasket on it has not solved the issue.

Though I will look into that link
Old 11-15-2011, 05:22 PM #13
hmcl281

send it to me i can troubleshoot our issue or trade you for an e1 cover i have

if you have a bad ram it can cause your noid to leak.

when you install your noid only plug one end of the ram to it. if you ram does not seal right it will vent air to the back noid and that will vent air into the noid causing a leak.

Last edited by hmcl281 : 11-15-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:16 PM #14
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

I'd be willing to bet it's the ram seal, as mentioned.
Easy way to check is to pull the front hose off of the ram, then gas the gun up.
If there is air coming out of the front ram barb/hose, it's the piston seal on the ram.
If there is still air coming out of the noid/manifold area, then it's either the gasket, or the blow off valve in the noid.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote