PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2011, 08:11 PM #22
Nyx3d
Green ones are not ripe

has been a member for 10 years
Followed this, loved it. Strength stayed pretty even but body comp improved a lot. I'd love to follow rest pause format year round but I definitely need to mix it up, so my question: Lurker how have you been adding some of the training protocols like burnout sets and active recovery neural conditioning into other training formats?
I'm gonna give rest pause a break and switch back to the old staple WS4SB. I'm thinking of dropping a working set and replacing it with 2x burnout sets, also incorporating the 90% 1RM's on any non-max effort lift. I figure less working sets are ideal since i'm still doing lean gains structure, and will still be fasted. Your thoughts appreciated.

"Originally posted by karnavorrr: Will doing one armed kettlebell snatches on a bosu ball make my strength more functional?"

Buyers Digest
Nyx3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2011, 03:40 AM #23
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Nyx3d

Lately I've been doing a higher frequency style of training that is at least somewhat similar to LEMUR - although much of the inspiration has been drawn from FST-7 and Ronnie Coleman's split.

Basically, I'm not doing rest pauses, but the first exercise I do heavy - depending on the exercise 3RM to 10RM. I do 3-4 sets ramping up with only the last set being all out.

Then I have either been stretching or hitting a strict, long ROM exercise for mind muscle connection.

And instead of burnouts, I been doing 7 sets of 12 with the 30second rest (if that, my partner and I just switch off) It feels pretty similar to the taret concept of burnouts or widowmakers in terms of muscle hypoxia and "pump"
Old 09-03-2013, 04:36 PM #24
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
You're over thinking it. It doesn't matter that much re: exercise choice IMO the occlusion is the important bit
Old 09-05-2013, 09:23 PM #25
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
No. The goal of the myo-rep sets is to use the neural priming to extract maximum power and therefore muscular damage.

Additionally, it's a good way to hit PRs, specifically the FIRST miniset of the myoreps (that's almost always what I post in the "your day at the gym" thread...I'm doing more after that, but it's not of note.

The pump sets at the end of a given day are for pump.