PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-21-2011, 08:17 PM #1
Freak36

Freak36 is an NCPA player
Freak36 plays in the APPA D4 division
Thumbs up UTSA Paintball Club: Round three, FIGHT!

University of Texas at San Antonio
Paintball Club
Round three, FIGHT!

12/10/11 - Constitution Created
2/11/12 - First NCPA Tournament Played (fielded 2 teams)
2/23/12 - Recognized as a School Organization
3/6/12 - Recognized as a probationary Club Sport

Hello,

It appears that all previous attempts at getting a Paintball Club started at UTSA are no longer in progress.

My name is Scott Renaud, I just graduated from Northwest Vista College and I’m transferring over to UTSA. I'm a mere three hours shy of being a Junior and I’m going for their Master in Accountancy program. My first job was actually reffing at Lonestar Paintball and I have been playing paintball for 11 years on and off now. I also have some experience running my own little team in New York for two years. And presently I'm not a part of any other team, except for our starting NCPA Team, as I plan to dedicate the last 3-3.5 years of school and my paintball efforts towards getting this club going. My personal goal is to see “paintball” listed under UTSA’s Club Sports page by the time I graduate, here: http://utsa.edu/recreation/club_sports/

With the help of my Vice President, Jake Harper (Senior), and Club Officer, Scott C. (Freshman), we’re going to start a Paintball Club at UTSA. As Business Majors we see the creation of this Club as a fun opportunity to learn some valuable skills including: teamwork, organization, leadership as well as some entrepreneur qualities which could all potentially translate over to a future career in the business world.

Our vision is to build a Paintball Club at UTSA based upon openness, attracting both new players into the sport(and thus our club), but also the seasoned speedball and tournament players. We want to grow and introduce the sport of paintball to our fellow students while providing a new avenue to make friends. And ultimately for our club to be recognized by our school and able to sustain itself after we graduate.

We already had an informal meeting as a Club and scheduled our first club practice/meet for Sunday, January 22nd 2012. We also agreed that we would be playing the NCPA event in February, regardless of practice time and skill, to show that this club is in fact actually coming to fruition.

We realize that the road to becoming official is a long one and we're prepared to put in the time and effort needed. While the beginning activities of this club are tourney related, we recognize that solely relying on already breaded tournament players to sustain a college club/team is a bad practice. Once we have established ourselves in the College Paintball world, we will start our monthly Recreational Club Meets (currently set for the end of February).

From our recreational meets, we’ll recruit players who seek a little more with their paintball adventures and are looking for a new and fun opportunity to represent our school by participating in the NCPA events. Until we get a proper foothold as a club, we’ll continue to play any NCPA events we can –regardless of skill, talent, and practice. As we grow, we’ll implement more practice time and set some basic requirements to be able to play NCPA events (such as mandatory practices, etc.). Currently, we are shooting for NCPA practices just every other month, separate from our Monthly Recreational Meets.

I thank you for your interest in the new UTSA Paintball Club and if you’re a student here, enjoy the sport of paintball, I invite you to join us.

Sincerely,

Scott Renaud
President
UTSAPaintballClub

Interested in joining? Join our group.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/231622383576736/

Interested in supporting? Like our page.

www.facebook.com/UTSAPaintballClub

Last edited by Freak36 : 03-25-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Freak36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:18 PM #2
Freak36

Upcoming Events:
  • 4/21/12 (Saturday) Monthly Club Practice & Recreational Meet @ X-Factor Paintball Park
  • 5/12/12 (Saturday) Monthly Club Practice & Recreational Meet @ X-Factor Paintball Park
[/b]
Practice: 9:30am - 1pm (for those wanting to represent our school through playing in Collegiate tournaments)
Recreational Meets: 1:30pm - 4:30pm (first timers and people who wanna have fun with fellow students)

Paintball Club Membership Requirements:

Recreational Member
  • Willingness to attend at least one Recreational meet a month, or club meetings and club promotional events.
  • Part time student (6+ hours) at UTSA*
  • Cumulative 2.0 GPA*
NCPA Member
  • Willingness to teach new players, attend rec meets, practices, and NCPA events when possible.
  • Full time student (12+hours) at UTSA**
  • Cumulative 2.0 GPA*
Club Officer/Council Member
  • Willingness to lead, organize, and attend Recreational Meets, Practices and Club Events
  • Willingness to promote club goals, recruit members, and assist other officers with official club business (paperwork, school club meetings, etc.)
  • Full time (12+ hours) Student at UTSA**
  • Cumulative 2.25 GPA*
  • First Aid & AED/CPR Certified*
*UTSA Minimum Club Membership Requirements / requires at least two members that are certified to attend each practice, meet, or event
**NCPA Requirements

Meet the above requirements?

How to Join:

1. "Like" us at facebook.com/UTSAPaintballClub
  2. Join our facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/groups/231622383576736/
    this is our main source of communication (link can also be found on the "info" section of our Facebook page, or the Facebook link on our collegiatelink.net site)
  3. Email your information to UTSAPaintballClub@gmail.com
    • Name
    • Email
    • BANNER ID
    • Phone Number
  4. "Join Organization” on our School's organizations website: http://utsa.collegiatelink.net/organ.../paintballclub
    • Use your "abc123" school ID
  5. Participate and play paintball.

Officers:
  1. President: Scott Renaud (Freak36)
  2. Vice President: Fernando Rios
  3. Officer: Scott C. (Scottyboy101)
  4. Officer: Thomas N. (Dm5Stunna)
  5. Officer: Cooper H.
  6. Officer: Nick L.
  7. Officer: Jake Harper (Apoc009)

Total Current Members: ~20

Contact Information:

For more the most up to date information, check our facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/231622383576736/). However any further information, questions, or inquires about the club, we encourage you to post here, private message a Club Officer (Freak36, Scottyboy101, Apoc009) or email us:

Team Email: UTSAPaintballClub[at]Gmail[dotcom]
School Organization Page: http://utsa.collegiatelink.net/organ.../paintballclub

Last edited by Freak36 : 04-06-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 PM #3
EP1C33
J-Dawg™

Annual Supporting Member
EP1C33 plays in the PSP
EP1C33 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
EP1C33 posts videos on PbNation
EP1C33 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
EP1C33 plays in the APPA D4 division
Utsa!

eBay Feedback!
EP1C33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:45 PM #4
Jestersss
Texas!

Orange and Blue baby!
Jestersss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:53 PM #5
apoc009

Its worth it!

Come onnn there has to be some pballers around the SA that want in on this action! Especially some UTSA Students! Feel free to message any of us with questions!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:34 PM #6
spgunner
I shoot bad guys

spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner supports Team VICIOUS
spgunner is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
spgunner is Legendary
good luck

spgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM #7
Jestersss
Texas!

I work at proshop and every time i mention that Utsa is attempting a paintball club a lot of heads turn and a ton of questions are asked. So i know there are students who want in.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:36 PM #8
txpb614
Sean

txpb614 plays in the PSP
txpb614 helped look for balloons
txpb614 is an NCPA player
txpb614 plays in the APPA D4 division
Maybe you should post up a flyer about the team in proshop?
GEO 2
txpb614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:39 PM #9
Jestersss
Texas!

I'll ask Tommy if I can. I am sure he wouldn't have a problem with that. Let me make a flyer then ill post it up to see if you guys like it
Old 12-22-2011, 08:21 PM #10
Dm5Stunna

Whats going on guys. I am very interested in this, however my situation seems to present a particular stipulation. I am an experienced tournament player who took a break for awhile due to finances and have just recently gotten back into it. I have a 3.2 GPA and I have 95 hours. The issue is that I am only able to take 11 this semester due to a class requirement. Would this mean that I would not be able to participate in any for of tournament play? If not I am still highly interested in joining this club.
Dm5Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:36 PM #11
Freak36

Dm5Stunna, glad to see you interested in the club. I do not know for sure right know, but I will find out for you. We currently have a full 8 person roster for this upcoming NCPA San Antonio event, but if we can find enough people that will attend our first practice, are eligible to play and have the cash, we will definitely run two lines of UTSA players/students.

In the mean time, click the "join" link in my signature to stay current with what's going on with the Club.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:51 PM #12
apoc009

You could most definitely join the club and participate in the monthly recreational meets. As far as tournament play, Freak and I are still looking into that.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:54 AM #13
freestyleman
pew pew pew gtfo

freestyleman plays in the PSP
freestyleman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
freestyleman plays in the APPA D4 division
ill be at the jan 22nd practice. please pm me or continue posting here so i can attempt to make it to an off-field meeting.
-Mikey
freestyleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:29 AM #14
SH3

SH3 plays in the PSP
SH3 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
SH3 plays in the APPA D4 division
i will also be in attendance for the prac on the 22nd.

Sponsored by: G.I. Sportz, X-Factor Paintball Park, V-Force,
GEARBAG SALE
SH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:35 AM #15
Freak36

Outstanding! I'm looking forward to meeting you all. Let me know if you guys are interested in participating in the NCPA event as well, we only need two more players to fill out two lines for the February event.

We'll keep posting on here, but our Facebook group is probably the best bet for communication and staying current on everything club related - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/231622383576736/

Merry Christmas fellas, I hope it's excellent!
Old 12-25-2011, 12:17 PM #16
Jestersss
Texas!

Awesome I will attend the 22nd practice aswell. I can't wait to meet every one.

merry Christmas guys!
Old 12-25-2011, 01:39 PM #17
txpb614
Sean

txpb614 plays in the PSP
txpb614 helped look for balloons
txpb614 is an NCPA player
txpb614 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyleman View Post
ill be at the jan 22nd practice. please pm me or continue posting here so i can attempt to make it to an off-field meeting.
-Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH3 View Post
i will also be in attendance for the prac on the 22nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersss View Post
Awesome I will attend the 22nd practice aswell. I can't wait to meet every one.

merry Christmas guys!

Merry Christmas to everyone!
GEO 2
txpb614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:02 PM #18
Dm5Stunna

I don't have a facebook at the moment, but I can go ahead and make one just for this. I am very excited to meet with everyone on the 22nd, have a safe and happy holidays!
Dm5Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:36 PM #19
apoc009

Pre-22nd

Glad to see people getting excited about this club as the first few of us are! Freak and I discussed maybe having a little meeting on campus or somewhere close to UTSA pre-22nd practice to discuss club matters with everyone and meet any new members willing to show up that the original group hasn't met. Let us know what you think on here or fbook, would be awesome to meet you all!

Happy Early New Year and belated Merry Christmas!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:49 PM #20
Jestersss
Texas!

I have a quick question. On the 22nd, how much is paint and entry out at Xfactor? I haven't been sense opening weekend to play. I have always gone to just take pics.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:32 PM #21
Freak36

Dm5Stunna,

Check your PM's. NCPA just got back to me, I need some more of your information to see if you're eligible to play the rest of this season.

Jestersss,

Unsure as I haven't played at the new location on Sunday yet. But from what I hear I think it's $5 for tourney play and $45 a case + tax for the cheaper stuff.
ReplyRegional Ups