Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM #1
(NMA)SixSigma

Question about Co2 magizine

Am I the only one who is getting 7 shots out of the 16 gram co2 cartridges? It seems like all I get is one magizine useage per cartridge, is this normal? is there any way to get more shots per magazine?
Commandment #1: I am the War Lord and the wrathful God of Combat and I will ALWAYS lead you from the front, not the rear.
-Marcinko
(NMA)SixSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2011, 11:51 PM #2
-=ArchAngel=-

I thought they only used 12gram cartridges X.x
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:45 AM #3
splatthetick

Six, Arch is right 12gms is the norm! I think the 16gms are for bikes(pedal) to inflate tires!? never seen a PB gun that ran on them but...I've been wrong before!
p.s. I re-load mags one more on a 12y so 16 per just cause I don't want to have the drop-off mid-game! "bloot" is not a good sound!
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:21 PM #4
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

yeah in general you should be getting about 3 mags from a 12g.
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:50 PM #5
(NMA)SixSigma

my bad...i think you are right they are 12 gram.......but ok so it is just me tho....I am only getting a clip use out of a cartridge...any ideas why? my fps is like 260. am I losing compression somewhere.?
Commandment #1: I am the War Lord and the wrathful God of Combat and I will ALWAYS lead you from the front, not the rear.
-Marcinko
(NMA)SixSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:34 PM #6
-=ArchAngel=-

can u hear any leaking in the mags?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:48 AM #7
PntBllnSquirrel

I get 24 shots per 12gram - I run at 270fps and don't quick fire.

You probably have a very small leak somewhere that you can't even really hear, might need to use the tire method with some soapy water or try something to get to the bottom of the leak.

You might want to just replace all the o-rings in the marker and mags. Doesn't hurt to do this once a year anyways. I do.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:59 PM #8
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
2.5-3.5 magazines per 12gram is about average.

If you picked it up used is it possible you got an SA-8 (or a refurbished SA-8 sometimes marked as TR8 or T8R) and not a T8? The SA-8s (and refurbished models) have a larger air chamber that isn't as efficient as the T8 or the newer x.1 models.

I'm also curious what brand 12 grams you are using. I wouldn't be surprised to see SA-8s get only a single good magazine off old crossman or daisy 12 grams.

If you have a derivation of the SA-8 polishing the bolt to improve efficiency and using good Leland, MOSA, or ICO 12 grams should get you a pretty consistent 2 mags per 12 gram.

---

If you don't have an SA-8 or any derivative of it... then yeah you've likely got a leak you aren't noticing. Either in the mag's valve or the marker itself.

So any other strange symptoms? and which version of a Tiberius marker do you have? T8 / T9 / T8.1 / T9.1 / T4 / SA-8(T8R)
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote