Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-13-2011, 08:27 PM #1
Toxictheory
Pain Train BABY!!

Toxictheory has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Toxictheory has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tm-15

I have asked about the TM-15 before, but I was wondering this time if it would be good for long range shooting or a "sniper" set up. I ask this because I sadly have developed a bad knee through football. I tell you this because i dont want to be up on the lines the whole time ripping through my paint and sliding around to create more cause for injury. So if anyone has info on how you could configure it properly for a sniper role or even if someone can post their picture that has made it a sniper role.

Thanks,
TTheory
Toxictheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 PM #2
ProdigyXIO
Member o FRESNO BLITZ

ProdigyXIO owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I thought usually all guns shoot the same distance?

EKK ELITE
Pm for Sales
ProdigyXIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:44 PM #3
Toxictheory
Pain Train BABY!!

From my research and experience different variables cause the paintball to go further but as I said I am only asking it it would be good for longer ranges so I can sit back and not be in the heat of the action where I can re-injure my leg
Old 12-14-2011, 07:19 AM #4
tthhi

longer range

Tbh, any gun will work because what you are describing is a playstyle change not an equipment change.

If you are looking to maximize your accuracy which will make your sit back and snipe playstyle more effective, I would recommend a good paint to bore match (which is really independent of the marker you are using) and good paint, that's it.

Also HPA over CO2 but it isn't important if you aren't shooting quickly.

Something you may want to try to increase your range is an Apex system, but I recommend you pair it with an aftermarket barrel because the one that ships with the Apex2 is pretty loud/bad. Also be aware there are detractors from this type of system too.
tthhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:37 PM #5
Toxictheory
Pain Train BABY!!

alright so i may as well buy the tm-15
Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 PM #6
TheEnglishGuy

The one thing that the TM-15 will give you over most markers is a quieter shot due to the built-in sound suppression system. You should consider the Flasc SQB barrel (which is even quieter than the stock barrel) and then consider the Apex2 to increase your range when you need it.

I'm going to contradict TTHHI and say that tests have been performed that show overboring your paint (using a larger bore barrel than the size of paint) will increase your accuracy. Bore matching will increase your efficiency but that's not what it sounds like you're looking for.

The TM-15 is a great marker, but be aware that it's pretty long. If you're used to running around with speedball markers, you'll be in for a nasty shock.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:24 PM #7
jazgeek

I use a tm15 with flasc barrels with apex 2. I'm able to lay down paint at well over 150 feet with reasonable accuracy. I find that the tm15 can be used in a suppressing role from the back field with good success. Can you use it in a sniper role? in my experience not really because it's too much fun to open up with it.... maybe I'm just not patient enough lol
jazgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:56 PM #8
Devil808

Hate to revive this thread but..
I own and run a TM15 and play in all types of styles to suit what I or my team needs. be it recon, supression, sniping(potshot play style), or as a marksman. And based on my exsperience with the a tm 15 my opinion is
Yes, a tm15 will work for a sniping role, or sit back and potshot playstile. and here is why.

1) above all else, The marker is quiet.
2) Has the ability to spray and pray when needed.
3) Has good range with stock components with simple program ajustments.
4) Range and accuracy and be improved with upgraded components.
5) Further increases in range and accuracy come about from good paint to bore match (which is independent of the marker itself) for desired effects. ie: accuracy, efficency, or range.
6) special attachments such as reddot,holo or an Acog will help with aiming based on desired playstyle and sight used, also if willing to take the time to learn it an APEX system for special trick shots.
7) last but not least, weight. Its lighter then most milsim markers and also functions and runs like a speedball marker, so you get the best of both worlds. Gotta love a mini in a milsim tuxedo.
Devil808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:07 PM #9
OldDawg
A few degrees off......

I too have a TM15 and using a Flasc SQB with an extension plus a Apex 2. It will give you the quite sniper style shots and with the Apex 2 tip the extra range and trick curve shots. I am 54 years old and playing beside the young ones is difficult at times. Patience and wisdom will always prevail.
OldDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:40 AM #10
MomoNinja

MomoNinja is attending Decay of Nations VI
I have a tm15 and i like it. its quiet and with a remote line relatively light. It also is a great looking marker and you can mount a sight or grenade launcher if you wish.
MomoNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:43 AM #11
Hobb3s

I use my tm15 quite a lot for sniping.
I use the apex 2, and I have a tiberius adjustable riser with both a 4x scope and a 1x red dot. I have a good foregrip so the gun is perfectly balanced.

I mainly use the scope so I can see where the shots are going to land. I will usually fire three or four shots at a time, if not more. Your accuracy will vary dependent on conditions, and especially paint quality.

I've been told my setup is kinda heavy, but I like it and its helped me put on some muscle, of which I had none when I started paintball.
Hobb3s is offline   Reply With Quote