Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-12-2011, 04:15 PM #1
blurman

asa

just trying to guage if this is a freak thing (only to happen to me) or a few ppl.

I have someone borrow my creed for a game back in october. after she gave it back i noticed that the asa was loose. I was like no big deal just have to tighten it up. well, i tightened it and put it back in the case because i had a game in december. so i took it out of the case over the weekend and noticed the asa was loose again. so i took the grips off to tighten it. i did that and the asa fell right off. i was confused a bit i was looking at the bottom of the handle to see if the rail that it slide onto was damaged and it looked fine. looked at the asa (i have a black asa) and noticed something weird about it. the one side of the asa and a silver line from front to back. (only on one side) i was like maybe that was there before. so i tried to tighten it again. this time i noticed every time i tighten it the side with the line would expand. come to find out that hit had cracked on the one side. so i took the asa off and the whole one side that connects to the rail broke right off. so now i have asa in two pieces

anyone else seen this before. one of my teammates that is sponsored by vanguard (blue's crew) couldnt believe that it happened. he said he has never seen that happen
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2011, 04:26 PM #2
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
When the asa came loose and you tightened it you may have cracked the rail at this time or it cracked when the person you loned out the marker to dove or fell hitting the tank and cracking the asa rail ( beeing unseen). I have seen this a few times and every insident we saw came from the two pointed out ways.

Eric
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:15 PM #3
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Good news is a new ASA should be easy to get from Vanguard US. Especially since yours is black.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:28 PM #4
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurman View Post
just trying to guage if this is a freak thing (only to happen to me) or a few ppl.

I have someone borrow my creed for a game back in october. after she gave it back i noticed that the asa was loose. I was like no big deal just have to tighten it up. well, i tightened it and put it back in the case because i had a game in december. so i took it out of the case over the weekend and noticed the asa was loose again. so i took the grips off to tighten it. i did that and the asa fell right off. i was confused a bit i was looking at the bottom of the handle to see if the rail that it slide onto was damaged and it looked fine. looked at the asa (i have a black asa) and noticed something weird about it. the one side of the asa and a silver line from front to back. (only on one side) i was like maybe that was there before. so i tried to tighten it again. this time i noticed every time i tighten it the side with the line would expand. come to find out that hit had cracked on the one side. so i took the asa off and the whole one side that connects to the rail broke right off. so now i have asa in two pieces

anyone else seen this before. one of my teammates that is sponsored by vanguard (blue's crew) couldnt believe that it happened. he said he has never seen that happen
same exact thing happened to me but my ASA broke off mid game. same thing happened to two other friends who owned creeds. and i remember seeing a few other posts about ASA and barrels snapping... and i think eric mentioned something about some1 snapping off the LPR in the past as well
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 PM #5
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
I have not broken a Vanguard barrel yet, but several team members have. And they've been thankful for the barrel breaking as well. When the barrel breaks, you replace a relatively cheap barrel. When it doesn't, you send your marker in to have the breach fixed. I had that happen on an '09 Impulse. I had to have the entire upper body/breach repaired, plus the feedneck, etc. Caused a lot more inconvenience that a barrel breaking.

In the end guys, these things are machines and sometimes through use, machines break down and need maintenance beyond lube. That is unavoidable no matter what type of machine, or what manufacturer we are talking about.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote