Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2011, 07:56 PM #85
pr0file
Deaf Guy
 
pr0file's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Annual Supporting Member
pr0file owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pr0file owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I picked up a tank with a Ninja Regulator on it, and after taking it apart, I noticed that I only had one silver shim in there. Is there any way to get another silver shim and the 2 red shims, it's supposed to come with? The guy who sold me the tank, didn't include them with the tank. Thanks!
__________________
pr0file aka Noel
Team Uprising
New feedback Old feedback 0 negative and staying that way!
pr0file is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2011, 11:17 AM #86
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0file View Post
I picked up a tank with a Ninja Regulator on it, and after taking it apart, I noticed that I only had one silver shim in there. Is there any way to get another silver shim and the 2 red shims, it's supposed to come with? The guy who sold me the tank, didn't include them with the tank. Thanks!
You can purchase a rebuild kit for $10 through any local store or field that sells Ninja products. The kit includes 2 red shims, 2 silvers shims, a 1.8k burst disk, tools, a pin valve seat, and Piston with orings.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Old 12-15-2011, 02:33 PM #87
pr0file
Deaf Guy
 
pr0file's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Annual Supporting Member
pr0file owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pr0file owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
You can purchase a rebuild kit for $10 through any local store or field that sells Ninja products. The kit includes 2 red shims, 2 silvers shims, a 1.8k burst disk, tools, a pin valve seat, and Piston with orings.
Thanks!
__________________
pr0file aka Noel
Team Uprising
New feedback Old feedback 0 negative and staying that way!
pr0file is offline  
Old 12-16-2011, 09:55 PM #88
sixsixsix
Dynamic4Life
 
sixsixsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ny
 has been a member for 10 years
sixsixsix plays in the APPA D4 division
can i use the SLP reg on a drone dx ?
__________________
MEGA GEARBAG SALE CLICK NOW SO MUCH GOOD STUFF

Gearbag Sale!
My Feedback
Cpt/Owner of East Coast Dynamic #13/#6
sixsixsix is offline  
Old 12-16-2011, 10:10 PM #89
PAINTBALL 24/7
 
 
PAINTBALL 24/7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 50 dorrito
PAINTBALL 24/7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i have a 50/4500 ninja tanc and it was in perfect condition until 2day and the 1.8 k screw thing started leaking. i immediatly bought a new 1 and switched them out and the tanc blew that 1 off right when i put air in it, what do u thinc is the problem?
PAINTBALL 24/7 is offline  
Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 PM #90
PAINTBALL 24/7
 
 
PAINTBALL 24/7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 50 dorrito
PAINTBALL 24/7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
also must the 1.8 k screw be a ninja screw or could it be any company?
PAINTBALL 24/7 is offline  
Old 12-16-2011, 10:30 PM #91
PAINTBALL 24/7
 
 
PAINTBALL 24/7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 50 dorrito
PAINTBALL 24/7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i have a 50/4500 psi ninja tanc and the 1.8 k screw on the tanc started leacing today, i then repaced it an it immediatly started leaking again.i was wondering what the problem could be also if u have to switch the screw with a ninja screw or if it could be any company.
PAINTBALL 24/7 is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 07:53 AM #92
tniz
 
 
tniz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mass
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
Leaking? Is it a slow leak like its not sealing properly, or a fast leak like its venting the pressure? When was the last time you cleaned/serviced your regulator? Being that you've tried two LP burst disks, it sounds like you might have gotten a dirty fill and got some type of contaminant in your regulator. The LP burst disk is designed for both personal and equipment safety. For example should some dirt get in through your fill nipple it could damage your reg seat, causing the regulator to not regulate the pressures properly and potentially allow the full pressure of the tank to exit the tank and enter the marker... The LP disk shoudld start venting to prevent that from happening.

I'm sure Rob or one of the other air gurus will chime in, but I would personally clean out the reg and do a rebuild. Ninja has some pretty good videos out there detailing the maintenance of their products.

Good luck
__________________
"If a customer has an issue then we make it our business" ~~ Nicky T

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back

Last edited by tniz : 12-17-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: edited for too many typos on my android phone
tniz is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 10:12 AM #93
kris10an
 
 
kris10an's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
email me at rob@ninjapaintball.com with a copy of these pics and your first/last name, shipping address, and phone number. I'll send you an RA# so you can send that in and get a new Ninja bottle as a replacement
S I C K !
Ninja for president!
kris10an is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 10:41 AM #94
PAINTBALL 24/7
 
 
PAINTBALL 24/7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 50 dorrito
PAINTBALL 24/7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tniz View Post
Leaking? Is it a slow leak like its not sealing properly, or a fast leak like its venting the pressure? When was the last time you cleaned/serviced your regulator? Being that you've tried two LP burst disks, it sounds like you might have gotten a dirty fill and got some type of contaminant in your regulator. The LP burst disk is designed for both personal and equipment safety. For example should some dirt get in through your fill nipple it could damage your reg seat, causing the regulator to not regulate the pressures properly and potentially allow the full pressure of the tank to exit the tank and enter the marker... The LP disk shoudld start venting to prevent that from happening.

I'm sure Rob or one of the other air gurus will chime in, but I would personally clean out the reg and do a rebuild. Ninja has some pretty good videos out there detailing the maintenance of their products.

Good luck
Alright thancs, im gonna try to do that right now.
PAINTBALL 24/7 is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 11:34 AM #95
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsixsix View Post
can i use the SLP reg on a drone dx ?
If memory serves me correctly, I believe the MacDev guns function better on a mid-range output pressure. I could be wrong though. When I had me Clone Vx it shot like a champ with my MP550 reg, but would not full cycle or reach velocity with my SLP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAINTBALL 24/7 View Post
i have a 50/4500 ninja tanc and it was in perfect condition until 2day and the 1.8 k screw thing started leaking. i immediatly bought a new 1 and switched them out and the tanc blew that 1 off right when i put air in it, what do u thinc is the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAINTBALL 24/7 View Post
also must the 1.8 k screw be a ninja screw or could it be any company?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAINTBALL 24/7 View Post
i have a 50/4500 psi ninja tanc and the 1.8 k screw on the tanc started leacing today, i then repaced it an it immediatly started leaking again.i was wondering what the problem could be also if u have to switch the screw with a ninja screw or if it could be any company.
As tniz suggested above, your best bet is to clean your regulator out as you more than likely got some dirty fills that are causing pressure spikes within you reg.

Degas your system first of all. Once you have degassed the system, unscrew the two grub screws that secure your bonnet in place on the regulator. Once you have done that take the reg removal tool and loosen the bonnet, you can use your hands in most cases but the tool helps if you cannot get it to budge. If you did not buy the tank new and did not get a reg removal tool then your best bet is to use something rubbery to get a good grip on the bonnet and loosen it that way. Once you have the bonnet off the regulator body, carefully remove all the internals taking note of the order in which they came out. The shims can go back in in any order, but the rest of the internals need to be installed as they were for the reg to function properly. Take a clean cloth and wipe everything down as best you can and use a q-tip or similar item to get into the smaller areas of the reg. Re-lube all the internals with a small amount of grease (Dow33, Dye Slick, SP Sleek etc.) and reassemble the regulator and secure the grub screws. This should do the trick man.
__________________
MN Pro Paintball - Minnesota's Premiere Paintball Retailer and Park
We stock MacDev, DLX, GI, Eclipse, Virtue, Ninja, Raza, Dye, Empire, Tippmann and more!
FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL NEW GUNS? YA, WE DO THAT!
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 01:44 PM #96
sixsixsix
Dynamic4Life
 
sixsixsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ny
 has been a member for 10 years
sixsixsix plays in the APPA D4 division
am i able to add shims to the SLP to change the output pressure on the reg ?
__________________
MEGA GEARBAG SALE CLICK NOW SO MUCH GOOD STUFF

Gearbag Sale!
My Feedback
Cpt/Owner of East Coast Dynamic #13/#6
sixsixsix is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 01:55 PM #97
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsixsix View Post
am i able to add shims to the SLP to change the output pressure on the reg ?
Unfortunately you are not able to. The GS Series Regulators (SHP, SMP and SLP) use a Belleville Spring Stack as opposed to the adjustable regulator's spring and shim configuration. The GS Series are carefully hand built with the Belleville Spring Stack to achieve the exact pressure they are advertised to output.

On the same not, you cannot remove the internals of a GS Series Regulator and drop in the standard adjustable components as all Ninja regs are hand built and tested for quality assurance.
__________________
MN Pro Paintball - Minnesota's Premiere Paintball Retailer and Park
We stock MacDev, DLX, GI, Eclipse, Virtue, Ninja, Raza, Dye, Empire, Tippmann and more!
FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL NEW GUNS? YA, WE DO THAT!
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 11:10 PM #98
wtfh4xx
SPLAT
 
wtfh4xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nor-Cal
Hi, I have recently acquired a Ninja 48/3000 tank and A new Proto Reflex.
What output pressure should I set my Ninja Regulator to for this marker?
I think it says on Proto website it operates at 150PSI and the "low" setting on the ninja regulator is 450-550PSI, "high" is 900PSI.
Confused if my output even matters???
__________________
Dust Black Proto Reflex, Black Dye Rotor, 68/4500 Ninja HPA
wtfh4xx is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:42 AM #99
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfh4xx
Hi, I have recently acquired a Ninja 48/3000 tank and A new Proto Reflex.
What output pressure should I set my Ninja Regulator to for this marker?
I think it says on Proto website it operates at 150PSI and the "low" setting on the ninja regulator is 450-550PSI, "high" is 900PSI.
Confused if my output even matters???
I think you are confusing your input pressure and operating pressure. The operating pressure is the pressure at which you marker operates AFTER it goes through your HPR (and LPR in some cases). Your input pressure is the pressure of air from tank to HPR before being regulated down. For the rail, I would suggest taking out one of the red shims (medium OP pressure) at first and seeing how that works. If it works out fine then try removing the other red shim (low OP pressure) but pay close attention to shoot down and inconsistencies at the chrono.
__________________
MN Pro Paintball - Minnesota's Premiere Paintball Retailer and Park
We stock MacDev, DLX, GI, Eclipse, Virtue, Ninja, Raza, Dye, Empire, Tippmann and more!
FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL NEW GUNS? YA, WE DO THAT!
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 05:24 PM #100
wtfh4xx
SPLAT
 
wtfh4xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nor-Cal
SO the regulator pressure has nothing to do with operating pressure correct?
Just running a SLP regulator will allow you to get more shots at the same consistency because its set to 275psi and will shoot until the tank reaches that pressure, correct?
Whereas a 800psi reg would start losing consistency when tank reaches around 800psi?

Would you recommend I use a 68/4500 with SLP Regulator on my Proto Reflex?
__________________
Dust Black Proto Reflex, Black Dye Rotor, 68/4500 Ninja HPA

Last edited by wtfh4xx : 12-18-2011 at 05:30 PM.
wtfh4xx is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 05:45 PM #101
tniz
 
 
tniz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mass
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
There are other factors that you'll need to take into consideration when choosing your tank. Theoretically, a SLP should be more efficient as you'll be able to shoot your tank down to a lower pressure; however, some guns don't operate at pressures in the SLP range and experience poor performance. Some regulators can't recharge fast enough and the marker will experience shoot down, and some markers just require a higher pressure in order to operate.
__________________
"If a customer has an issue then we make it our business" ~~ Nicky T

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
tniz is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 06:30 PM #102
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minnesota
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfh4xx
SO the regulator pressure has nothing to do with operating pressure correct?
Just running a SLP regulator will allow you to get more shots at the same consistency because its set to 275psi and will shoot until the tank reaches that pressure, correct?
Whereas a 800psi reg would start losing consistency when tank reaches around 800psi?

Would you recommend I use a 68/4500 with SLP Regulator on my Proto Reflex?
Yes, the two pressures are separate of each other. To my knowledge none of the makers Dye makes are able to properly run on the SLP reg, they run best at either MP or HP. I could be wrong on the SLP, but I am fairly certain they cannot.
__________________
MN Pro Paintball - Minnesota's Premiere Paintball Retailer and Park
We stock MacDev, DLX, GI, Eclipse, Virtue, Ninja, Raza, Dye, Empire, Tippmann and more!
FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL NEW GUNS? YA, WE DO THAT!
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 09:52 PM #103
Planet Eclipse 07
Pump - Aim - Fire
 
Planet Eclipse 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Illinois and Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
Planet Eclipse 07 plays in the PSP
Planet Eclipse 07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Planet Eclipse 07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Planet Eclipse 07 posts videos on PbNation
Planet Eclipse 07 supports Empire
Can I use loctite or another kind of threadlock on a straight fitting for my gun's regulator instead of teflon tape?
Planet Eclipse 07 is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 03:34 AM #104
TwitchyFinger
Legacy - Allen Soldani
 
TwitchyFinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Little Rock AR
TwitchyFinger supports Team VICIOUS
TwitchyFinger supports Sherwood Forest
NT 11 Help Ninja!

I got an NT 11 and want to buy a ninja tank but im not sure wherther I need the adjustable reg, UL, SLP, or SHP regs. I do know that the NT is known for operating at lower psi's than other guns. It operates between 110-150 psi. so my question is, does this mean a SLP reg ninja tank would work best?
__________________
Dye NT11 w/CF Boomy-Empire Contact 11's-Sly Profits-Rotor-48/45 DXS
:):):)
TwitchyFinger is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 AM #105
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsixsix View Post
can i use the SLP reg on a drone dx ?
We have not done any testing on a Drone or any macdev markers yet. This question should probably be asked in the Macdev forums. Best bet is to borrow someones slp system, attach it to a drone dx and see if you can chrono at 280-300fps. As long as it chronos at the velocity you need and as long as you dont run into any shootdown, you can use it.
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump