Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 PM #1
Zero13
That Guy

Zero13 helped look for balloons
Zero13 is playing at Living Legends III
Zero13 is for the Gunfight
Zero13 supports Pev's Paintball
Ego 07 vs Impulse 09

Just curious with Smart Parts going down and everything what some arguments were. Thanks a lot.
Zero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2011, 04:06 PM #2
95saturn

ego...shouldn't even be compared
95saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 PM #3
Bigfatts

The Impulse will shoot better than an 07 Ego ANY day. But then again I never climbed on the Ego bandwagon. Owned a couple and they just didn't live up to the hype. DLX was actually servicing the '09 Impulses last time I checked. They were buying them up for a while too. I heard rumors they had bought the rights to it, but I'm not sure where I read that. I believe Gog may also be servicing them. They were a good design and shot beautifully. There's not really any aftermarket support for it though, no serious upgrades for it that I know of. They had a problem with the feednecks snapping, not sure if they fixed that or not. I borrowed one for a while and played a few times with it and liked it. The '07 Ego wasn't all that great just not worth what they go for used- to me.

Tell you some guns I'd take over either though: BL Protege or Vice, 2k6 Intimidator (one of the best shooting poppits I've ever run across), MacDev Cyborg '07. That's just a few.

I need to buy some stuff:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3716800
Marqs to fund a Vic or MacDev:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post73530832
Bigfatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM #4
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

d0cwh0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
the 07 ego was revolutionary for its time...really changed the way we thought of what a paintball gun should be...it won't shoot as great but its a great gun none the less...and cheaper
Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 PM #5
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfatts View Post
The Impulse will shoot better than an 07 Ego ANY day.
I giggled a little. Ego7s shoot second to none once you put a zick kit in them. I'll testify that my teammates ego7 shot better than my marq6 did. It was well broken in and x-factor owned, literally had no kick.

Another teammate had an 09 impulse and couldn't even get it to seal. He sent it back to the service center and the tech had to replace the entire body to get the gun to seal because of poor machining.

I'll take any poppet over an impulse.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:56 PM #6
Zero13
That Guy

Zero13 helped look for balloons
Zero13 is playing at Living Legends III
Zero13 is for the Gunfight
Zero13 supports Pev's Paintball
I like this haha, a lot of different points of view. I think people have the wrong view on Impulses.
Zero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM #7
Bigfatts

Quote:
I giggled a little. Ego7s shoot second to none once you put a zick kit in them.
Any gun can be made to shoot better if you upgrade it... But stock, the Impulse shoots better. The one I used shot MUCH better than my Ego 8.It was smoother, quieter and more efficient. Actually swapped with the guy who owned the Imp and he couldn't get over how the Ego shot comparatively. Once you start getting into a heavily upgraded Ego though, yes you can make it shoot as good or better than the Impulse. Both shoot good and will do what you need but like I said, neither would be my first choice. The best shooting gun I've ever had was a 2k6 Infamous Intimidator, cheaper than both of the other 2. That thing shot like a spool valve. Put my Egos to shame. And many of the newer Egos I've shot. I just got my Cyborg RX and I bet it would be a close call with the 2k6.

Both the Impulse and the Ego are solid guns, but if I HAD to choose between the 2 I would take the Impulse.

I need to buy some stuff:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3716800
Marqs to fund a Vic or MacDev:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post73530832
Bigfatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:23 PM #8
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
I hate the way pre-09 Egos shoot, so I personally would prefer the Imp. However, like Bigfatts, there's plenty of other markers I'd take before either of these.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:37 AM #9
outkast kid

A new rammer is far from heavily upgraded. The zick wasn't even an upgrade after 07. From a reliability/service standpoint at least I would definitely have an ego. How a gun shoots can be argued until we're blue in the face.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:01 PM #10
Celtic-Baller123
LIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
I hate the way pre-09 Egos shoot, so I personally would prefer the Imp. However, like Bigfatts, there's plenty of other markers I'd take before either of these.
are you high? unless you have shot a perfectly tuned sl74 then you really dont know **** my friend.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:10 PM #11
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
No, I'm just not a mindless drone that will automatically believe whatever some company tells me without deciding for myself, and I don't like markers that kick. The Ego5-SL8R all kicked FAR too much for me. Even when tuned and with the latest Zick kits (for those that could use them). Ego9 was the first Ego I could enjoy shooting. Nothing against them, I know some people love them. I'm not one of them. Now the Ego 10/11 I like a lot.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:03 AM #12
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
PaintFreak98 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
No, I'm just not a mindless drone that will automatically believe whatever some company tells me without deciding for myself, and I don't like markers that kick. The Ego5-SL8R all kicked FAR too much for me. Even when tuned and with the latest Zick kits (for those that could use them). Ego9 was the first Ego I could enjoy shooting. Nothing against them, I know some people love them. I'm not one of them. Now the Ego 10/11 I like a lot.

To the OP: there are a lot and I mean a LOT of planet eclipse bandwagon fans on this site that don't know anything outside of egos so take any advice you get on this site with a grain of salt (including mine). Your best bet is to try to shoot each yourself. I have owned several ego7's and two 09 Impulses, and the impulses were one of the smoothest shooting poppits I have ever shot, ego7's are loud and kick quite a bit. Regardless of how much you tune it, it will never compare smoothness-wise in my opinion to the impulse. However, I shy away from the impulse because of the lack of parts/service for them so honestly, I wouldn't recommend either. There is better out there for the money than either of those markers. If you can find out for sure GOG or DLX is servicing the impulse then I say go for the impulse.
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:33 AM #13
Tom?
*>sp

07 ego may be my favorite gun of all time
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:38 AM #14
ego.92
RELEASE THE KRAKEN

ego.92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego.92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ego.92 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Thats funny because my sl8r has no kick
and im not ego bandwagon guy I own a matrix that also has no kick
Its all preference man

Houston Heat Fan #36

Urban Pineapple
ego.92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:35 AM #15
outkast kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego.92 View Post
Thats funny because my sl8r has no kick
and im not ego bandwagon guy I own a matrix that also has no kick
Its all preference man

I owned egos for approximately 1 out of my 10 years of playing paintball and I agree that they're fantastic. I used to be like all the people who say "you're just a bandwagoner" until I actually had to own one because of sponsorship. After using and working on my SL66 I did an immediate 180 and the ego8 I had after that just further reinforced my current support for the Ego. They shoot absolutely awesome when set up properly. Anyone that says otherwise hasn't actually shot one that was set up properly.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:07 PM #16
ego.92
RELEASE THE KRAKEN

ego.92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ego.92 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
That's what im saying iv owned the etek1 ego6 ego7 and the sl8r over my six almost seven years of play and everyone of them was amazing... during that time I had other shockers matrix's and Bl guns all good but all preference

Houston Heat Fan #36

Urban Pineapple
ego.92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:30 PM #17
d-r0ck-1489
i need more cowbell

d-r0ck-1489 is playing at Living Legends V
d-r0ck-1489 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Eteks and Egos are solid. the 09 Impulse is solid as well. The thing with the Imp is that you would need to send it to DLX to be serviced (they bought the rights from SmartParts) since you cant get parts elsewhere. As well both companies have great cs. Unless you can shoot both to see how they feel it will be a toss up based on how much you want to spend.

Don't stop dreaming; unless your dream is stupid.
d-r0ck-1489 is offline   Reply With Quote