PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-09-2011, 09:33 PM #1
Scatlm
equilibrium

Just built a Karni. Need some help.

I just finished building a karnivor from the ground up.

Stock everything including stock internal cocking system. The only parts that are not stock is the Tadao Yakuza board, Eclipse ram, and a CP HPR.

The gun boots up -- No leaks, but I'm not getting enough pressure.

This is my first karni and I've already turned the IVG in like 4-5 turns and I still don't get pressure. The gun just burps and lobs pbs a few feet. I've also turned up the pressure on the Cp reg and the lpr and nothing.

I also noticed that the hammer doesn't cock. Is this normal with karnis? I mean that in traditional cockers when you pull the backblock back the cocking rod cocks the hammer back. I can't cock the hammer with the karni and I know I've isntlaled th einternals correctly.

Also, the Yakuza board was purchased off a pBN member and I've tried different "firing modes".

Do you think it might be the dwell times or something?

Any help is appreciated.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:11 PM #2
cruciatus111
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

cruciatus111 is playing at Living Legends V
cruciatus111 is for the Gunfight
cruciatus111 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cruciatus111 is attending Decay of Nations VI
you have to sweet spot your reg, back out your IVG and increase or decrease the pressure in the reg to get the correct FPS. are you sure you installed the lower internals correctly? can you pull back the back block back to cock it manually?
WGP Jeff Orr Blackout #41/60
cruciatus111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:11 AM #3
Scatlm
equilibrium

Thanks For the response. Actually I found out it was the lug. I had it screewed in all the way so it wasn't catching with the sear. I cant test fire it right now though since I ran out of air.

I sitll can't manually cock the karni though. I'mnot sure if htis is how the ICS karni system works. I mean, I'm pulling the internal rod all the way out and I can't cock it like a traditional a/c. I'm wondering if this is normal
Old 12-10-2011, 12:21 AM #4
E30M42
ODU Paintball

E30M42 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
E30M42 supports Pev's Paintball
E30M42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
E30M42 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The karni cocks back like any other autococker, sounds like you have some issues. When you cock it back does the bolt clear the breach?
Old 12-10-2011, 01:01 AM #5
Scatlm
equilibrium

It was the lug and it does cock now that the sear is catching with the lug screwed out.

I have to wait tomorrow to get air at the field but that was the issue.

I'm new to cockers so this has been a learnign experience. Pretty much trial and error. After this, however, I'll feel pretty confident enough to solve any future issues. I built it from scratch and put in all the parts myself -- Including the penumatics, hosing, internals, board, etc.

Last edited by Scatlm : 12-10-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:37 AM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

the ics system works just like any other cocker, the cocking rod is just threaded into the back block instead and doesnt stick out.

set the lpr just high enough to cock the gun, and then a tad more for reliabilty. lpr on a cocker doesnt affect the velocity like it does on an ego/timmy. it just supplies air to the ram to move the bolt back and forth to cock the gun.

adjust the hammer lug so that it drops about halfway through the sear solenoids travel. you can just take off a grip panel and push up on the moving part of the sear noid to check this.

the general sweetspot for a karni is the ivg about 2 threads in, then adjust the hpr to the desired fps.

if you cant seem to reach the right fps no matter what might want to investigate your reg. i want to say CP made 2 different outputs of their regs, ones something like 0-300psi and the other is 300-800psi. the lower output version might have trouble feeding a cocker as most ran about 350psi. this probably isnt the issue but i thought its worth mentioning.

also having the reg set too high will lower fps. all the extra pressure can actually keep the valve from opening properly.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:18 PM #7
Scatlm
equilibrium

Thank you very much for the info. Very helpful. I didn't know the lug was causing the problem so as a result I tried turning in the IVG in one turn increments but now its backed up and turned in twice. I also lowered the pressure on the CP since I raised it as well. I'm playing tomorrow so I 'm going to try n play with the karni and sweet spot the regs.

Can someone point me towards info on sweetspotting an HPR on an A/c.

Also, the Cp reg came with an NYX matrix so it might be 0-300, I don't know since I odn't have aguage for it. But I will be getting a Karni HPR when I get the chance.

Thank you very much

Last edited by Scatlm : 12-10-2011 at 01:22 PM.