PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-07-2011, 12:51 PM #43
JohnnyBananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTtBoy-II View Post
Speaking of Christmas: My best friend who's been DJing on a Mixtrack Pro for 5 months and still can't beat match is getting his parents to buy him an S4 and Dre Beats for Christmas... I'm so jealous and mad.
Can't beat mix even with the sync button? Lol.

And unfortunately I'm still stuck with a mixtrack pro...an NS6 is my dream right now.
JohnnyBananas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2011, 04:22 PM #44
JohnnyBananas

The kid who made this mix actually gets gigs...I'm literally stunned..

http://soundcloud.com/dj-tj-pollitt/...e-lose-control
Old 12-07-2011, 04:52 PM #45
inkjt510
Romo Never Stops Smiling

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBananas View Post
The kid who made this mix actually gets gigs...I'm literally stunned..

http://soundcloud.com/dj-tj-pollitt/...e-lose-control
Anyone can get gigs if they suck the right dicks, something I'm just learning now is that it doesn't matter how much you play out unless you are a. getting paid for it and b. people are seeking you out not the other way around
inkjt510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 PM #46
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

http://soundcloud.com/cookperiod/cook-stomp-yo-feet

something i started this morning, or yesterday morning, i dont remember which.
cook. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 PM #47
blaknite

just picked up a twitch!
pretty impressed! amazing little controller!
blaknite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 PM #48
JohnnyBananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkjt510 View Post
Anyone can get gigs if they suck the right dicks, something I'm just learning now is that it doesn't matter how much you play out unless you are a. getting paid for it and b. people are seeking you out not the other way around
Yea I feel you but that mix man...that mix is like...huh? It's a disgrace.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM #49
JohnnyBananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook. View Post

I'm really not a fan of dubstep, but your buildup to the chorus in your Great Bambino song is ****ing DOPE lmao.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 PM #50
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

lol thanks
Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM #51
ShockerZ33
Touchdown Turnaround

ShockerZ33 is a founding member
I just recorded a 2 hour mix that I really was feeling the whole way trough, like no flaws, and it didn't save!!! I'm raging so hard!!!
ShockerZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:33 PM #52
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockerZ33 View Post
I just recorded a 2 hour mix that I really was feeling the whole way trough, like no flaws, and it didn't save!!! I'm raging so hard!!!
always happens lololol
Old 12-07-2011, 10:49 PM #53
xander1290
OU

Hey guys, would love some feedback on my newest track

http://soundcloud.com/djaa_ou/dabble
Trauma Fan Club Member #39
FEEDBACK
xander1290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:50 PM #54
xander1290
OU

Also, Matts first post is ridiculously informative and awesome.
FEEDBACK
Old 12-08-2011, 01:29 AM #55
lovetocheat69

Quote:

Something about about second half of that reminds me eerily of the first half.

Same synth pretty much the whole time, one melody? That was painfully static. You could push yourself a lot farther than that.
"Originally posted by Lucidus: Meh, not to be a dick, but if I can't safely pull over, you guys can just wait to go spray a fire with a hose. Nothing against firefighters or EMTs, but nothing you are doing is worth me crashing my bike, nothing."
lovetocheat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:52 AM #56
Quittman
818L8

Quittman posts videos on PbNation
My old roommate has a preview up of his new song.

I am a big fan of it.
http://soundcloud.com/stusauce/stusa...radise-preview
Quittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:14 AM #57
dpkidsrocks2

Quote:

I really like the percussion. More variation with that main synth would be nice though. thumbs up on the drums for sure
dpkidsrocks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:50 AM #58
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

Disclaimer: These reviews are based on what the tracks sounded like in my iPhone headphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamudubstep
can i get some CC for my tracks??

http://soundcloud.com/pamudubstep
You've got skills. Welcome to the thread.

As for CC I have none haha. The first couple tracks I listened to it sounds like you put quite a bit of time into them. Pretty solid all around. Only thing I can think of right now is maybe give future tracks more melody/groove instead of just filthy wobbles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quittman
My old roommate has a preview up of his new song.

I am a big fan of it.
http://soundcloud.com/stusauce/stusa...radise-preview
Ya man he has talent for sure. Pretty damn well produced. My only gripe is that it's so generic. He's got the substance, now he just needs some style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook.

Percussion is real tight and everything sounds good production wise. I'm digging the groove a lot too. But like already said, push yourself man! You gotta break through that ceiling. Risk making a terrible sounding track to make something pro you know? Go outside your comfort zone. Try chopping it up with a couple different synths perhaps? I know there's still work to be done though; I look forward to the finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander1290
Hey guys, would love some feedback on my newest track

http://soundcloud.com/djaa_ou/dabble
Loving the intro. But change the setting on your synth (the one that does the Good/Bad/Ugly lead) so it has more glide. The synths and sounds throughout the track are all solid and well made/chosen.

As for the first verse, I think there's a little too much going on. The first minute or so, as well as the second verse, are pretty solid because they're more simple and possess balance and flow. As for the last verse where you bring in that new synth: I think you should cut it out completely. Your intro, first verse, breakdown+build and then second verse can already be good enough to be a nice solid 4 minute long track. Maybe after your second verse just do a little outtro that's like the first minute of the track.

The percussion, namely the kick and clap, lack presence in the first verse. EQing could be better throughout the entire track. Especially on the first verse; there's three different synths all kinda fighting for attention as opposed to being well balanced and harmonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0c0mnati0n
Yay! New thread lol. Anyways. I have some new tracks up on soundcloud. http://soundcloud.com/dj_eyeronik

I would love to get some good feedback on them. Let me know what i did good and what i could do better on. Thanks guys!
I listened to your newest track:
You're def getting the hang of EQing. Noticeable improvement in the presence/punch of kicks and claps and the overall structure of the track is the best I've seen you do thus far. The levels of everything is pretty decent; fairly good balance all around, but it could be better.

I'd work on 'sculpting' your sounds and synths and bit better (kinda hard to do without monitors). By this I mean try and get rid of all unnecessary frequencies to get rid of any tiny resonances or unwanted sounds; this will make your synths sound way 'cleaner'. Also, give your melody a bit more variation, or throw in some fills/variations after a number of bars.

I think you just need to start putting in more time. Instead of a new track every week, devote a day or two to just making the best synth you can, or making the kick as fat and punchy and nice sounding as possible, etc.

"You can't tell yourself 'I'm going to build a great wall' and then just do it...You need to say, 'Im going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid'. And then, over time, you will eventually have a great wall." - Will ****ing Smith aka The Fresh Prince.
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Last edited by MaTtBoy-II : 12-08-2011 at 03:45 AM.
MaTtBoy-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:45 AM #59
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

meh but working within my comfort zone is so easy for now lol. plus, im having a helluva hard time finding a synth to make the ambient **** i like. well i would use albino 3 but its not working for me.

as far as my synths and variation go, im keeping it as so, its dance music, its supposed to be somewhat repatative and easy to follow, not a whole mess of layers and sounds making it sound like jumbly noise. im more about minimal big beats and bass and a few swooshes to help move the track around and you're good. i guarantee if you heard it on a system you wouldn't think it needed anything lol

but thanks
Old 12-08-2011, 11:08 AM #60
xander1290
OU

Quote:
Loving the intro. But change the setting on your synth (the one that does the Good/Bad/Ugly lead) so it has more glide. The synths and sounds throughout the track are all solid and well made/chosen.

As for the first verse, I think there's a little too much going on. The first minute or so, as well as the second verse, are pretty solid because they're more simple and possess balance and flow. As for the last verse where you bring in that new synth: I think you should cut it out completely. Your intro, first verse, breakdown+build and then second verse can already be good enough to be a nice solid 4 minute long track. Maybe after your second verse just do a little outtro that's like the first minute of the track.

The percussion, namely the kick and clap, lack presence in the first verse. EQing could be better throughout the entire track. Especially on the first verse; there's three different synths all kinda fighting for attention as opposed to being well balanced and harmonic.
Thanks for the comments! EQing is the thing that gets me most on all my tracks. Ive only been producing since the summer so Im still pretty lost when I go in a try to do the mix down/mastering business. Im going to go back in a work on some of the stuff you said. Thanks for the listen though man I really appreciate it!
FEEDBACK
Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 AM #61
Quittman
818L8

Quote:

Ya man he has talent for sure. Pretty damn well produced. My only gripe is that it's so generic. He's got the substance, now he just needs some style.
Well generic is generic for a reason because it sells.

But yea, he is still defining his style. He is a great example of someone with no musical background at all and started producing about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago.

He has been talking to a few labels already about getting some of his tracks signed.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:27 PM #62
cook. (Banned)
OC_RAGE

yeah but generic wont get you noticed or anywhere which is basically a big waste of time if he's actually trying to get songs signed and what not. but its a pretty good track.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM #63
Quittman
818L8

Quote:
yeah but generic wont get you noticed or anywhere which is basically a big waste of time if he's actually trying to get songs signed and what not. but its a pretty good track.

Well he is still developing his style.

Its funny he keeps asking me to move back to Colorado with him and make music full time. If only that was possible...