Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2011, 10:27 PM #1
swordskull

Tac pistol attachment questions

I was wondering which model pistol comes with rails without buying the full rifle? Can one buy the rails as an aftermarket accessory?thanks!
swordskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2011, 11:53 PM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
the t9 and t9.1 can have rail attach
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:02 PM #3
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
For a top rail you need the 9.1 (or used 9.0).

It's only sold as a the rifle kit.

Alternatively, you can get an 8.1 and swap bodies now that they are selling parts through rockstartactical. You'll pay around $75-$100 for the parts to modify an 8.1 into a 9.1 pistol. More if you want the 9.1 back black for tank/stock.

Buying new... and wanting a top rail it's better to go right for the 9.1. Buying used or if you already have an 8.1 you should be able to change it up.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:55 PM #4
swordskull

Thanks voodoo no I don't have the 8.1 yet but I didn't want to get the whole rifle I only wanted to get a few other attachments to make a small small smg type look
Old 11-30-2011, 07:20 PM #5
skullcandy1993

you could get a T9.1 CQB if you want a top rail and still want a nice small marker. Or get the T9.1 ranger and just take off the front shroud and the barrel extension. I can post pictures of what I mean if you want
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:59 PM #6
mherboth
Mherboth

mherboth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mherboth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mherboth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
There was somebody on the ta forum that was selling top rails for the 8.1 if im not mistaken ill try and find that link
mherboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:00 PM #7
mherboth
Mherboth

here ya go fixxxer-good stuff
http://forums.tiberiusarms.com/showthread.php?t=4915
Old 12-01-2011, 05:20 AM #8
swordskull

Thanks guys I was hoping I could just buy the pistol as I didn't want to spend a lot more to have a rifle I was going to get attachments more slowly whenever I got money I wanted to put a stock sight and slightly longer barrel on it possibly the suppressor to have more of a smg type look. Ops gear used to make some shrouds that would allow me to do this (mp7 shroud I believe) but they don't make them anymore
Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 AM #9
mherboth
Mherboth

if your going with a stock and suppressor the a aforementioned cqb is better because the 8.1 cant use stocks and it would need the threaded barrel for a suppressor
Old 12-04-2011, 03:09 AM #10
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordskull View Post
Thanks guys I was hoping I could just buy the pistol as I didn't want to spend a lot more to have a rifle I was going to get attachments more slowly whenever I got money I wanted to put a stock sight and slightly longer barrel on it possibly the suppressor to have more of a smg type look. Ops gear used to make some shrouds that would allow me to do this (mp7 shroud I believe) but they don't make them anymore
The Ops Gear MP7 shroud while cool looking... wasn't worth the money when comparing 8.1+MP7+Aftermarket barrel to either the CQB or Ranger 9.1

Some things to note:
- The MP7 shroud is much much heavier then a similarly setup 9.1.
- The MP7 shroud adds additional steps to tear downs for maintenance/repair.
- You need aftermarket barrels to have anything sticking out the front of the MP7 kit ... it does NOT come with a longer barrel for the 8.1. (Early deluxe kits came with a longer barrel for the 8.0/9.0 series, but that's incompatible with the 8.1/9.1)
- 9.1 kits come out of the box with a way to connect remote line or HPA tank. The 8.1 needs an additional kit $25 .. and then you need to do lots of dremeling to the MP7 shroud to allow it to fit. Additional modification is also needed to fit the MP7 Stock with the remote kit.
- 9.1 to start with costs less than the 8.1+MP7+Barrel+sight+front grip.

If CQB style is the route you already know you want to go... save up and get a 9.1 CQB.

All that said I won't deny that adding an MP7 shroud has been a very cool addition to our marker collection... but most people who we loan the 8.1 + MP7 + Remote actually prefer the lighter 9.1 setups.

If you are dead set on the look of the MP7 kit over the CQB go for it, I an't really argue about that ... just know that you'll be paying more in the long run just for the looks.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote