PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 PM #22
angelphatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhopek View Post
Wow maybe they get looked down too much there in the US it actually pushes them off the sport.

Ive seen some women pbplayers in malaysia that are just as quick and aggressive as men. Some Female snake players actually have the advantages of being nimble and small. Same with having a kids team. Paintball is a true equal opportunity sport. You dont have to be 6ft above to have a ht advantage like basketball, be a big boy to take hits like it is in hockey or football. As long as you can pull a microswitch trigger and take a towel snap. Wear body armor if its too painfull.

One thing Ive noticed in malaysia if girls play they are encouraged, cheered, coached and treated nicely.
totally agree with you sir...

TEAM INFINITY
UNITED PAINTBALLERS OF THE PHILIPPINES
angelphatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2011, 03:09 PM #23
woodb50

I have lived in Asia, Europe and now US. Lack of respect is a huge thing here. Until we've learn to respect women, elderly and each others. We will turn people away, you lose any opportunity to grow the sport.
woodb50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:31 PM #24
IceBox9752

Alright. In my opinion, girls will always have to "Prove themselves" to guys to play in a sport like this. But, maybe thats what she enjoys doing. I am and proud to be a female paintball player. And, this sport is everything to me. And i do/did everything to be able to play. I earned my respect on and off the field because i don't cry when i get hit. (I actually think thats the best part) But, i like being aggressive and get down and dirty. Thats just the way it is. Im 14. I do not have older siblings that are players. I didnt Have anything to lead me here. I was always the rough and tough kind of girl. Yes, i get rude comments. Yes, i get talked about. But, if i love doing what I'm doing, does it matter? I will say this. The best guys that are out there that i know.. Are the ones that encourage me to stay in the sport. To help me, watch my back, to treat me like any other Pb player. The ones that i can look up to and say... Thank you. Because without them, i wouldn't be at the level i am today. I play every weekend. And volunteer and my local field. Pb isn't just a sport to me. And i'm sure all y'all guys could say the same thing. Which leads me to say... Girls shouldn't be treated any different. But we do, and thats just how it is. But i'm sure proud to be one.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:01 AM #25
kekjagung
a.k.a badman

kekjagung is a Paintball photographer
one of my teammate is a mother of 2... once u r on the field, there's no age or gender difference, everybody are the same...
i got bunkered by gals before.. i'd just bunker them back whenever there's a chance to do so... there's nothing to it...

~badman~
- Paintballerz4Paintballerz
kekjagung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:08 PM #26
riptidegirl

riptidegirl supports Cereal Killerz 2
riptidegirl plays in the APPA D5 division
riptidegirl has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
riptidegirl supports Empire
I got the chance to play World Cup Asia 2009 and there is a much large number of females playing paintball over there. Everyone at the tournament was respectful and honestly it was almost like it didn't make a difference what gender we were. They were still gentlemen about the us being there, but didn't expect anything more or less of us than anyone else at the tournament. Even though I do recognize that girls cannot be held to the same standards as men in sports, paintball is a bit more understanding seeing as it's mostly shooting. Yes there is running, but if running isn't their thing, the team will always need a solid back player. That goes for someone no matter what gender they are.

I have played wcppl, pblyfe, local tournies and leagues, and reffed for three years, so I can compare the two without being too biased. I love paintball in the States, but WCA was the best weekend of paintball I've ever had. I suggest everyone go at least once.

BTW- The bit about powderpuff, very true. Everyone was into that and rugby back at my High School. Good times.

Last edited by riptidegirl : 11-25-2011 at 11:13 PM.
riptidegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:43 AM #27
Meaganfosterphoto

World Cup Asia was the first event that I have seen such a high participation of females in the sport! All the girls that I saw playing really played well, to the point that the guys didn't really know who was female and who was male on the team. It also seemed that almost every team had at least one girl on it! Well done Ladies!!

Dk Khalid, and Izza Kokosuku Khalid.- photographed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6832 copy.jpg (630.0 KB, 13 views)
Meaganfosterphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:53 PM #28
kekjagung
a.k.a badman

kekjagung is a Paintball photographer
yeap.. there's always at least one all-gals team playing in WCA...

see more pix here...
http://www.residentevilchef.com/WCA111BAD/
- Paintballerz4Paintballerz

Last edited by kekjagung : 11-27-2011 at 10:58 PM.
kekjagung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:41 AM #29
Pia-Ivy

Team Poison Ivy

I am playing on Team Poison Ivy (all-girls team) who played 1. division at World Cup Asia. We have played in Europe, Us and Asia, and I have to say that overall I think most of the paintball players are supporting and respecting girls that play paintball. It`s always some individual guys who just can`t stand the fact that girls can play paintball aswell, especially when we win against them.. The difference between playing in europe/Us vs. Asia is the atmosphere. Not as a female player but as a paintball player, my impression is that in Asia everyone takes care of each other - even their competitors, in helping, supporting and making a dynamic and fun community. The organizers aswell are visible and available all the time. In Europe/Us it`s more of a competitive atmosphere and friends helps friends, but not your competitors.. Overall I enjoy playing paintball anywhere in the world where I have been Thank you to everyone around the world that helps promoting our beloved sport of paintball and in recruting both male/female palyers. GIRLPOWER!
Pia-Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote