Community Focus

Old 12-02-2011, 02:59 AM #22
BradB

has been a member for 10 years
BradB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BradB is attending Decay of Nations VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPPL Super 7 View Post
FYI....passport is advisable, but not totally necessary http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html

Thats nice you can get into Canada but not out?

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...d/74/kw/travel
BradB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2011, 03:00 AM #23
Macris
u n d e r d o g s ♥

Macris donated to help Peyton Trent
Macris plays in the APPA D3 division
Macris is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
will you be changing the series name again?
NPPL to USPL then back to NPPL but since you're throwing in the twist of a Canadian event wouldn't that be incorrect to call yourselves "national"?

what statistical reasoning did you use to make such a decision? to my understanding, the number of tournament players within the U.S. is much larger than that of Canada. [i'm not bashing Canada in anyway so chill my canadian friends] additionally, now players [relatively large number of them] need to add the price and more importantly time to get a passport in order to travel to the event. i just wouldn't be surprised if the number of american attendees is significantly lower due to this.

now, i will let the PBN audience rant away and call me an idiot for posting my opinion.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:10 AM #24
i got an ion
RIP Royals

i got an ion plays in the PSP
i got an ion plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macris View Post
will you be changing the series name again?
NPPL to USPL then back to NPPL but since you're throwing in the twist of a Canadian event wouldn't that be incorrect to call yourselves "national"?

what statistical reasoning did you use to make such a decision? to my understanding, the number of tournament players within the U.S. is much larger than that of Canada. [i'm not bashing Canada in anyway so chill my canadian friends] additionally, now players [relatively large number of them] need to add the price and more importantly time to get a passport in order to travel to the event. i just wouldn't be surprised if the number of american attendees is significantly lower due to this.

now, i will let the PBN audience rant away and call me an idiot for posting my opinion.
if they cant call themselves national cause were going to canada then we probably shouldnt be having any "World" championships in vegas lol

also they stated earlier and showed proof you dont need a passport, just an ID and Birth Certificate, but a passport would probably cause less of a hassle and for "just in case"

i would wager that the number of teams that wont play this new venue(though many seem psyched about it) could be made up by canadian or northwestern teams attending an event so close.

personally i am very excited to go to a canadian event! lots of family in seattle and bellingham so hopefully i will be good to go without paying for a room this event!!

Sacramento DMG

Capital Edge Paintball Park(CEPP)
i got an ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:21 AM #25
Macris
u n d e r d o g s ♥

Macris donated to help Peyton Trent
Macris plays in the APPA D3 division
Macris is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
i don't disagree; "world" championships was definitely hyped. i think it was more of an attempt at competing with the psp world cup (quite obvious).

after researching on the U.S. Dept. of State website i found "when returning to the United States from Canada, it is very important to note that all U.S. citizens are required to present a valid U.S. passport to enter or re-enter the United States via air."
Old 12-02-2011, 04:46 AM #26
Pia-Ivy

All-girls team attending

Team Poison Ivy can`t wait to start the paintball season at Huntington Beach Surf City USA Open March 29th- April 1st, 2012 An all-girls team from Norway, looking forward to see you all!
Pia-Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:50 AM #27
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
FYI....passport is advisable, but not totally necessary http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html
Wow.

Just because I won't want ANY paintball player to get stuck in a foreign country, I want to make sure everyone understands what you ACTUALLY need to travel to Canada.

In order for a US Citizen to return to the US from Canada:

If crossing the border by air:

You *MUST* have a US passport or a NEXUS card. No other documents are acceptable.

If you're willing to make the 3 hour drive from Vancouver back to Seattle/Tacoma airport, or you happen to live close enough to Vancouver that driving there makes sense, requirements for crossing the border by land/sea are slightly less restrictive, and you can also use:

- A US Passport Card
- An enhanced driver's license issued by Michigan, New York, Vermont or Washington
- A NEXUS/SENTRI card (if you don't know what it is, you don't have one)
- A birth certificate or equivalent if you are under 16 years of age

Otherwise, you will have an extremely challenging time getting back into the US.

Last edited by raehl : 12-02-2011 at 05:54 AM.
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 AM #28
EMSGuy24
no

EMSGuy24 plays in the PSP
EMSGuy24 plays in the APPA D4 division
For all US citizens going to Canada you are going to need a passport or a nexus card. The nexus card is a cheaper and faster way to go... They no longer except Id and birth certificate. I have confirmed this with the customs web site along with people I know that are customs agents...
EMSGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:47 AM #29
SGTspazzo
Joint Force

SGTspazzo plays in the PSP
Just FYI the drive from Vancouver to Seattle is 2 hours at the max with extremely backed up traffic

Joint Force D1 PSP/NPPL
MACDEV | VPL | PBRack | PaintballGear.ca | Ambush Paintball
SGTspazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:48 AM #30
Los
Seattle Ninjas 09

Los is a Supporting Member
Los plays in the USPL
Los plays in the PSP
Los plays in the APPA D3 division
Yes for Vancouver.
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:04 AM #31
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
As a field owner I'd like to thank the NPPL for releasing their event dates so early. It is very difficult for us to plan our local tournament event dates without knowing when the big national event dates are.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:52 AM #32
olpkid71

I love the fact that the NPPL is trying to get into canada. It will be great for us.

However, the problem is that there are now 5 NPPL events. With sponsorship and the economy being down it was hard to get to 3 last year let alone all 5. I hope they do an amazing deal on entries if you pay up front, something like buy 4 get 1 free to encourage teams to play the entire series. Not only is it an extra event to play, but it is also more time off work, more rental cars, hotels, flights, paint, practice paint etc.

I wonder if its to late to drop an event and stay with 4?
www.exaltpaintball.com
olpkid71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:58 AM #33
awesomesauce104
fascinating.

awesomesauce104 plays in the PSP
Canada boy rep. Finally up here on our turf def playing this.

Toronto Genesis
SOC.
awesomesauce104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:34 AM #34
Ferg705

Ferg705 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Would have like to seen it come to Toronto. I think there is more ballers in Ontario and Quebec then out west that would love to play nppl. But non the less seeing it in Canada is a good start.

USPA Website Defcon Paintball
Ferg705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:19 AM #35
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by olpkid71 View Post
I love the fact that the NPPL is trying to get into canada. It will be great for us.

However, the problem is that there are now 5 NPPL events. With sponsorship and the economy being down it was hard to get to 3 last year let alone all 5. I hope they do an amazing deal on entries if you pay up front, something like buy 4 get 1 free to encourage teams to play the entire series. Not only is it an extra event to play, but it is also more time off work, more rental cars, hotels, flights, paint, practice paint etc.

I wonder if its to late to drop an event and stay with 4?
My thoughts exactly, however it is nice that they've released the dates ahead of time & are spicing things up with new locations.

Considering events are people's vacations, its good to be able to go some where new! I'd love to see Hawaii or Miami area in 2013

Maybe have series points only count best 4 for divisional teams, and of course everyone would like discounted entry fees, but we know that is not going to happen
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:58 AM #36
anjordan77
All Paintball Supplies

anjordan77 plays in the USPL
anjordan77 donated to help Peyton Trent
anjordan77 helped look for balloons
anjordan77 is playing at Living Legends III
anjordan77 is Boss
National paintball league goes international...sounds like fun regardless.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:39 AM #37
I wipe like Charmin

Annual Supporting Member
Its painfully obvious that chris raehl only seems to intervene in an nppl conversation when he feels he can attempt to bring about the negatives.

So lets put those and any others to rest.

What does almost every team need when they go to 3 of the 4 national events in either league?

1) Flights
2) Rental Car(s)
3) Hotel

1) Flights to Seattle from most airports are going to be around $300. Not a huge price jump, if any, from the cost of a flight to, lets say, Gavelston, Huntington Beach, or Las Vegas. So that's not an issue.

2) Rental car prices are generally standard across the board depending on which car you select and which company you choose. So that's not an issue.

3) Hotels fall into the same category as the rental car so I don't feel I need to explain. The nicer the hotel, the more you will pay. So again, this is not an issue.

So what are the issues?

1) The 2 hour drive (and it is 2 hours, 2 and 1/2 tops and thats being extremely generous) from Seattle to Vancouver.
2) Getting across the border.

1) Well, All I will say about this is that the New Jersey PSP event (which was a terrific event btw) was 45 minutes to an hour away from the closest airports. Philadelphia Intl. Airport was probably the cheapest and closest to the event and is about an hour away from Topgun Paintball where the event was held. This event did not suffer in attendance. Therefore, the drive should not be an issue. If an extra hour each way is an issue for your team, then please, feel free to cry and complain.

2) The big, apparent issue in question is getting across the border. Well this is no issue if you are driving. I've played Junior A Hockey for the last few years and have friends that still do this season. We travel across the canadian border 6-8 times per season. All you will need to get across the border is your drivers license (or photo ID) and your birth certificate. Everyone has to travel with their driver license/photo Id. So if bringing an extra piece of paper (your birth certificate) is an issue to play a national event, again, please feel free to cry and complain.

Now that I have mapped out all of that crap for you complainers out there, let me just say that traveling to a national paintball event is more than just competing in a paintball tournament. It is a chance to see the country and in some cases the world. This may not matter to some of you, but for the younger players, these paintball events may be your only chance to do this. I'm sure very few of you have been to Canada.

Just my 2 cents.. and all truth.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:58 AM #38
neverenuf

neverenuf owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia-Ivy View Post
Team Poison Ivy can`t wait to start the paintball season at Huntington Beach Surf City USA Open March 29th- April 1st, 2012 An all-girls team from Norway, looking forward to see you all!
and people are complaining about flying from the states to canada.....
Old 12-02-2011, 12:33 PM #39
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
$318 roundtrip from Houston

kayak.com
$512 roundtrip from Philly. That doesn't include the $50 fee per flight to check your gearbag.

That is $4284 for 7 players in flights alone. I would suspect that East Coast attendance will not be stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double-d03 View Post
Ya i feel bad for you bro.. oh wait thats what we deal with for every event. suck it up
Nobody ever forced Canadian teams to play in the United States tournaments...you have the CXBL. With that said, we shouldn't feel sorry for you or your teamates travel costs.

And that is not to say that we don't enjoy having Canadians at our tournaments. All of the Canadians I know are really nice, fun people and I am glad that I have friends up there.

Jersey City Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback

Last edited by Deimus85 : 12-02-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:50 PM #40
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
Virginia's 2 teams will prolly make the trip to Canada, im pumped. It will take a little extra researching on the best way to get there but we will figure it out and the posts about the Seattle to Vancouver drive are definitely helpful.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:57 PM #41
warlordtfc

warlordtfc is BST Trusted
warlordtfc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
warlordtfc is for the Gunfight
warlordtfc has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
warlordtfc has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
warlordtfc supports DLX Technology
If it helps, I live in Washington state. Got into/out of Canada for BCPPL with no passport, no enhanced drivers license, just my normal license and my birth cert.

On the way out, the boarder guy told me that "This would be faster if you had a passport..." It took 5 mins...

Didn't even get stopped for a vehicle search.

The way into Canada, the border guy knew of the tournament, so that way was easy.

Though if you're traveling far, I would recommend at least an enhanced drivers license. My plan was to sneak past the boarder to get back home if they didn't let me through, but they did.
PTN #253

Last edited by warlordtfc : 12-02-2011 at 01:09 PM.
warlordtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:20 PM #42
SilentAssasinHD
Edmonton Impact Echo

SilentAssasinHD is a Professional paintball player
SilentAssasinHD plays in the PSP
SilentAssasinHD has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SilentAssasinHD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SilentAssasinHD has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
We fly to at minimum 4 events from Alberta every year to compete in the NPPL...Its nice to have a local-ish event this season! Will be nice to have the NPPL hosting an actual NATIONAL event! And to see what they set up here in Canada for a venue!
Edmonton Impact #18
Edmonton Impact Echo #1
Empire Axe FS/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4385433

Last edited by SilentAssasinHD : 12-02-2011 at 01:24 PM.
SilentAssasinHD is offline   Reply With Quote