Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 PM #43
chopjr18
 
 
chopjr18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
chopjr18 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
chopjr18 supports Team VICIOUS
chopjr18 plays in the APPA D4 division
chopjr18 supports DLX Technology
dont get a spool...back players should have the ability to lob shoots over doritos or into snakes. with a spool valve you have a flatter shot that kinda just loses velocity. a poppit gun you shot will drop but keep the velocity so it will have less bounces from a distance. I am a back player and i shoot a g6r. it is by far the best efficency on the market and i have noticed that i seem to shoot out more players in snacks, doritos and rollies. because of that drop.
chopjr18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2011, 08:25 PM #44
tlmiller
 
 
tlmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: AZ, USA
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopjr18 View Post
with a spool valve you have a flatter shot that kinda just loses velocity. a poppit gun you shot will drop but keep the velocity so it will have less bounces from a distance.
100% false.

spool vs. poppet makes NO difference in how flat your shot is.
__________________
Pics and specs of my markers...tired of updating

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:12 PM #45
TeamLeadersAccount
 
 
TeamLeadersAccount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX 77015
TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller

100% false.

spool vs. poppet makes NO difference in how flat your shot is.
I wouldnt say 100% false. Because spools release air to carry the paint differently. I'm not gonna say spools shoot straight but weak and poppets shoot lobbed but strong. But it does have a different effect.
TeamLeadersAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:39 PM #46
tlmiller
 
 
tlmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: AZ, USA
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
300 fps is 300 fps.

The valve design doesn't affect it. The only thing that can affect the shot is the Bernoulli principle...aka somehow generating lift or drop, such as through backspin/forespin. Physics 101.
__________________
Pics and specs of my markers...tired of updating

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:43 PM #47
TeamLeadersAccount
 
 
TeamLeadersAccount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX 77015
TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller
300 fps is 300 fps.

The valve design doesn't affect it. The only thing that can affect the shot is the Bernoulli principle...aka somehow generating lift or drop, such as through backspin/forespin. Physics 101.
I'm not saying 300 fps isn't 300 fps I'm saying different valves create somewhat of a different spin.
TeamLeadersAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 PM #48
TeamLeadersAccount
 
 
TeamLeadersAccount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX 77015
TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller
300 fps is 300 fps.

The valve design doesn't affect it. The only thing that can affect the shot is the Bernoulli principle...aka somehow generating lift or drop, such as through backspin/forespin. Physics 101.
I won't Argue physics cuz I don't know physics. But any poppet I've shot. Egos many intimidators marqs alien creed
All had SIMILAR shot patterns. Where clones dm nt luxe have shot similar as well. Not saying exact.
TeamLeadersAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:54 PM #49
tlmiller
 
 
tlmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: AZ, USA
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Yes, all paintball markers shoot similarly given the same exit velocity from the barrel, same general bore-paint match, same paint, and no spin causing lift or drop.

I have a Creed, have had Egos, had Cyborgs, have a Marq, had Intimidators. And given say shooting 290 from my NT and Creed with RPS Premium through the same size Freak insert, they shoot identically.
__________________
Pics and specs of my markers...tired of updating

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.

Last edited by tlmiller : 11-29-2011 at 09:57 PM.
tlmiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:54 PM #50
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLeadersAccount View Post
I won't Argue physics cuz I don't know physics. But any poppet I've shot. Egos many intimidators marqs alien creed
All had SIMILAR shot patterns. Where clones dm nt luxe have shot similar as well. Not saying exact.
The shots are no different between poppets and spools. It might just seem that way because spools have a softer shot...
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:21 AM #51
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*
 
Castro #66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
The difference in guns is how you hold them. The ergonomics of the gun will make theshot appearance change.
__________________
Certified Master Airsmith
Airsmithing & 3rd Party Shipping - PM for details
Can't we all just play Paintball?


Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:24 AM #52
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Let's try to not turn this into a physics argument, please. Castro's got the biggest real-world impacter on how a shot flies with equal velocities.

'Sides, we all know Cockers and pumps shoot the flattest and farthest because of the closed-bolt gnomes.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Pump Scout's Curator's Corner thread
Inception Designs

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:12 AM #53
TeamLeadersAccount
 
 
TeamLeadersAccount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX 77015
TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout
Let's try to not turn this into a physics argument, please. Castro's got the biggest real-world impacter on how a shot flies with equal velocities.

'Sides, we all know Cockers and pumps shoot the flattest and farthest because of the closed-bolt gnomes.
Lol
TeamLeadersAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:23 AM #54
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor
 
i8somepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AK, Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopjr18
dont get a spool...back players should have the ability to lob shoots over doritos or into snakes. with a spool valve you have a flatter shot that kinda just loses velocity. a poppit gun you shot will drop but keep the velocity so it will have less bounces from a distance. I am a back player and i shoot a g6r. it is by far the best efficency on the market and i have noticed that i seem to shoot out more players in snacks, doritos and rollies. because of that drop.
I can hit my mirror, corner to corner, 4 times out of 5 within the first 20-30 shots I throw down the tape shooting a spoolie and I have not had a problem using one at all.

Familiarity with a marker is key to getting those essential g's and much of it is the actual impression of how a single tube marker looks as it shoots as compared to a stacked tube marker or vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout
Let's try to not turn this into a physics argument, please. Castro's got the biggest real-world impacter on how a shot flies with equal velocities.

'Sides, we all know Cockers and pumps shoot the flattest and farthest because of the closed-bolt gnomes.
:nododgy:
__________________
University of Akron Paintball

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump