Old 11-26-2011, 06:51 PM #1
bpbender
VSB Gang or Don't Bang

bpbender owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bpbender owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bpbender has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bpbender has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Empire axe vs bob long g6r

Please list pros and cons of both guns. My choice will be based on your opinions.
bpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2011, 10:30 PM #2
Cheeyahboii

How about using this part of the forum:
http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=828
Cheeyahboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:40 PM #3
Bigfatts

IMO the G6r is one of the best guns on the market, bar none. It is probably the smoothest, most efficient stack tube out there. No macro line, it's light, comfortable in the hand, comes with a decent barrel and a great board and costs hundreds less than an Ego. Add to that Bob Long's incredible customer service and there's my vote. The things some people don't like are the need for a pressure tester and low pressure tank, also the lack of a factory case and doodads. Not a big deal really though. Any tank can be made LP and if you have owned pb guns, you have allans and stuff.

As for the Axe, I'm not a fan. Just a hyped up Mini with some of the problems they should have addressed originally worked out. Not comfortable for me either.

But really, don't let people on here choose for you. Try and find both and fiddle with them in person. It would suck to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a gun to find out you hate it when you get it.

I need to buy some stuff:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3716800
Marqs to fund a Vic or MacDev:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post73530832
Bigfatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:14 PM #4
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfatts View Post
IMO the G6r is one of the best guns on the market, bar none. It is probably the smoothest, most efficient stack tube out there. No macro line, it's light, comfortable in the hand, comes with a decent barrel and a great board and costs hundreds less than an Ego. Add to that Bob Long's incredible customer service and there's my vote. The things some people don't like are the need for a pressure tester and low pressure tank, also the lack of a factory case and doodads. Not a big deal really though. Any tank can be made LP and if you have owned pb guns, you have allans and stuff.

As for the Axe, I'm not a fan. Just a hyped up Mini with some of the problems they should have addressed originally worked out. Not comfortable for me either.

But really, don't let people on here choose for you. Try and find both and fiddle with them in person. It would suck to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a gun to find out you hate it when you get it.

Agree with this.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:18 PM #5
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Yeah, I like the Axe, but IMO, it's not really much of a comparison here. G6R takes the win in basically every measurable category for me.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:35 PM #6
cslguy

Axe is muchhhhh cheaper though. I own one and cant say enough good things personally. I have held a G6 and it feels pretty good. I am going to put a V2 Boss bolt in mine and see how a $30 upgrade will work. You can drop the dwell to 4ms and put the OP to about 150. Both are great but I think it comes down to price and feel in the hands. Both are smooth and quiet but it might depend on how it feels to you and if you want to spend more $ on a G6
cslguy is offline   Reply With Quote