Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2011, 06:53 PM #85
sliverclan
Reppin Da 505
 
sliverclan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NMT Library
 has been a member for 10 years
sliverclan plays in the PSP
sliverclan plays in the APPA D1 division
Damn we had a string of semi-intelligent posts then the retards rolled back in.

Pump should die that would be the best thing for the world, let alone both leagues. hahaha
__________________
Duke City Coalition
Empire
FTJ Construction
911andcigs.com
NMPB
LISTEN TO WU-TANG
sliverclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:50 PM #86
zoo520
dust black
 
zoo520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
zoo520 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zoo520 plays in the APPA D4 division
lovato is beast
__________________
Delicious762:
"I put HK stickers on my pods and throw them down the field to bait agglets out of their bunkers."
zoo520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:32 AM #87
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13
 
onepumpchump13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverclan View Post
Damn we had a string of semi-intelligent posts then the retards rolled back in.

Pump should die that would be the best thing for the world, let alone both leagues. hahaha
Now whys it gotta be like that... Thanks for your support!!!
__________________
Friends off field - Friends on the field - @ 10 seconds you become Nameless, Faceless and my Enemy.

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1809223332
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:04 AM #88
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew
 
CharlieFox01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal in the 714
CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo520 View Post
lovato is beast


You're right she is Beast
__________________
We Shop @ Flo's Flowers & Paintball in Pico Rivera We Learned @ the Pit RIP THE PIT
AFPL BPRL OSC WCPPL OSOKO

Last edited by CharlieFox01 : 11-25-2011 at 11:16 AM.
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:35 AM #89
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious
 
pballerfolife21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 97ooooooh
Annual Supporting Member
pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
NPPL media and business skills+PSP's game play and rules= Great fun for everyone IMHO

The merger will be necessary for growth of this sport so that your"average Joe" will be able to walk into the venue and know what's going on. Some players may not want it but as far as a business stand point it will draw in more people who usually wouldn't go cause they had no idea what was going on. If the merger doesn't happen somebody may go to say PSP Chicago one month and NPPL Chicago the next month and be like WTF is this ****.

Just let the executives figure it out and the rest of us let's just go shoot some faces

Sorry if I'm late and someone has already posted something like this I was strolling ad found this thread
__________________
Mile High Saints #21
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:54 AM #90
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19
 
soccerguy243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita KS
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballerfolife21 View Post
NPPL media and business skills+PSP's game play and rules= Great fun for everyone IMHO

The merger will be necessary for growth of this sport so that your"average Joe" will be able to walk into the venue and know what's going on. Some players may not want it but as far as a business stand point it will draw in more people who usually wouldn't go cause they had no idea what was going on. If the merger doesn't happen somebody may go to say PSP Chicago one month and NPPL Chicago the next month and be like WTF is this ****.

Just let the executives figure it out and the rest of us let's just go shoot some faces

Sorry if I'm late and someone has already posted something like this I was strolling ad found this thread
media and business skills? like their awful webcast and they fact they went bankrupt?
__________________
FOR SALE
Crossfire HP 4500psi reg, Ninja 4500psi Reg


"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:36 AM #91
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bucks county, pa
***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
They went bankrupt due to an outside sponsorship of the nppl going bankrupt. It had nothing to do with their "business skills". Just look at how they recovered in three months time to have a successful year in 2009. Id say that is good business.

As far as media I dont remember the psp ever being on television for the espn or g4 television, and next year there is talk about them being on the x games and being able to be ordered on on-demand. So yes, their media.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:38 PM #92
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew
 
CharlieFox01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal in the 714
CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
As far as media I dont remember the psp ever being on television for the espn or g4 television, and next year there is talk about them being on the x games and being able to be ordered on on-demand. So yes, their media.
Don't really know about the past, I'm guessing that you're talking about the Smart Parts tourney, when Naughty Dogs won? The videos I see on the counter at the PB store for a buck or 2?

As far as current media goes it's hard for me to understand how anyone can defend the Vegas broadcast. 9 1/2 hours for Sunday alone that is unbroken I have yet to find the finals or semi finals games.

PSP with Matty Marshall is by far a more professional and much easier to watch format with each game broadcast and posted separately.

ESPN for this year as I recall was to broadcast all events if there was demand so....
That HB broadcast was absolutely one of the worst PB broadcasts that I have ever seen.
G4 was a 3 minute joke segment.

X-games.....that's a story that's been going around for a while. Being in SoCal I have been to many X-games and their power and reputation has been going downhill for the last few years. The events are smaller and draw fewer people so I'm guessing they are looking for something new to draw fans. I doubt it will be PB as we know it, judging by the draw of the CODMW3 debut with the PB field I imagine it will be something along those lines.

As a sidenote love my Lurker Eigenbarrel.
__________________
We Shop @ Flo's Flowers & Paintball in Pico Rivera We Learned @ the Pit RIP THE PIT
AFPL BPRL OSC WCPPL OSOKO
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:07 PM #93
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bucks county, pa
***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
no im not talking about the smart parts tourney. im talking about the half a decade paintball was on television on the espn.
and if you didnt like the hb webcast than idk what youre looking for. that was one of the best webcast's ive ever seen in paintball. it's a shame they didnt do that all year.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:43 PM #94
patch32
 
 
patch32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston
patch32 plays in the APPA D1 division
patch32 supports Empire
I've read through this entire thread and first off, Minions you are incredibly, ridiculously one sided as well as misinformed on just about every aspect of the PSP. You called out Chris, asking when he last played a 7man event, well when was the last time you played a PSP event? I couldn't imagine anyone playing one of the events and being disappointed or having such an extreme distaste in the league.

Also I hate to say it, but usually those who oppose the APPA system are the ones that have fallen victim to the PSP's rulings lol. Just beat the teams in your bracket and stop worrying if you are going to make it and what rules might keep you out.
patch32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:48 PM #95
patch32
 
 
patch32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston
patch32 plays in the APPA D1 division
patch32 supports Empire
Double post - DGAF

Another way I look at which league is overall better (subjective I know) is the league that produces better paintball teams. I think its safe to say that teams that usually play in the PSP are better than their NPPL counterparts. Just look at Portland Uprising. Good 7man team (made top 4 a couple times IIRC) but didn't win a single match at World Cup. Obviously if you are competitive, like everyone playing tournament should be, you would want to be playing in the league with the best teams.
patch32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:16 PM #96
throwdown94
Untouchable
 
throwdown94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts
throwdown94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
throwdown94 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch32 View Post
Double post - DGAF

Another way I look at which league is overall better (subjective I know) is the league that produces better paintball teams. I think its safe to say that teams that usually play in the PSP are better than their NPPL counterparts. Just look at Portland Uprising. Good 7man team (made top 4 a couple times IIRC) but didn't win a single match at World Cup. Obviously if you are competitive, like everyone playing tournament should be, you would want to be playing in the league with the best teams.
if your talking about the best teams, look at dyansty, won both the psp and NPPL titles yet lost in vegas to Aftershock, teams will match up evenly between the leagues the only differance is the format being played not the talent, yeah uprising may have not won a game at cup but take a team that plays strictly psp for the most part, put them in nppl vegas and see how they do. Most likely will have the same result, also dont try to base a teams talent on one event, thats just plain ignorant.
__________________
MACHINE 5&7man
throwdown94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:25 PM #97
Eric99BL
 
Eric99BL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ventura
 has been a member for 10 years
Eric99BL is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch32 View Post
Double post - DGAF

Another way I look at which league is overall better (subjective I know) is the league that produces better paintball teams. I think its safe to say that teams that usually play in the PSP are better than their NPPL counterparts. Just look at Portland Uprising. Good 7man team (made top 4 a couple times IIRC) but didn't win a single match at World Cup. Obviously if you are competitive, like everyone playing tournament should be, you would want to be playing in the league with the best teams.
This might be the dumbest **** I have ever heard.
__________________
Attack..
Eric99BL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:22 PM #98
patch32
 
 
patch32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston
patch32 plays in the APPA D1 division
patch32 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwdown94 View Post
if your talking about the best teams, look at dyansty, won both the psp and NPPL titles yet lost in vegas to Aftershock, teams will match up evenly between the leagues the only differance is the format being played not the talent, yeah uprising may have not won a game at cup but take a team that plays strictly psp for the most part, put them in nppl vegas and see how they do. Most likely will have the same result, also dont try to base a teams talent on one event, thats just plain ignorant.
I was just using them as an example. Of course in Pro its the same teams different format, I was more referring to divisional teams. But if you were to place teams that strictly play PSP into NPPL they would more than likely do better than teams going from NPPL to PSP. And if you want to talk about Aftershock, they won with FOUR D2 XBALL PLAYERS. That should say something in itself.

Also lets look at divisional some other divisional team match-ups. How would the Minions do against GRAD? Each one the series in their league but which team overall looks better? I think the answer here is obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric99BL View Post
This might be the dumbest **** I have ever heard.
Please I would love to read your insightful and intelligent opinion on the matter.
patch32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:16 PM #99
throwdown94
Untouchable
 
throwdown94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts
throwdown94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
throwdown94 is for the Gunfight
hmm im sure cuz the last time i played 7man when we had two xball players on our team they couldnt keep up bps with anyone else, and didnt come close to being able to play the 7man style, a 7man player can ramp perfectly fine and play 5man so if one league was too win in another, it would most likely be a nppl team in the psp
__________________
MACHINE 5&7man
throwdown94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:58 PM #100
patch32
 
 
patch32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston
patch32 plays in the APPA D1 division
patch32 supports Empire
I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. Going back and forth is going to do absolutely nothing though because everyone is going to argue that the format they play is better therefore making them better somehow.

And Minions got 4th for the season, my mistake on that one.
patch32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:25 PM #101
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bucks county, pa
***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch32 View Post
I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. Going back and forth is going to do absolutely nothing though because everyone is going to argue that the format they play is better therefore making them better somehow.

And Minions got 4th for the season, my mistake on that one.
minions got 4th for the season and wasnt able to play the last event. but that is irrelevant to the price of rice in china.

i have heard this day old question of which format produces better teams, and honestly you cant say either. i have played top 4 psp teams that have never made it to sunday in nppl and ive played psp teams that couldnt make sunday and go all the way in nppl. and obviously there are super teams out there like dynasty who do well in both leagues. i know dynasty 2 is full of last years d3 players and they just won division 1 against louisville sluggers who play pro in psp. also look at topgun union. never set the world on fire in nppl div2. they almost won the series in div 1 psp. and im sure if you looked you could find info on how much better some teams are in psp. all of this is pointless. i would take into consideration that a team name is just a name. the players change year to year, event to event, and format to format.

Last edited by ***MINIONS*** : 11-26-2011 at 10:39 PM.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 PM #102
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bucks county, pa
***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch32 View Post
Double post - DGAF

Another way I look at which league is overall better (subjective I know) is the league that produces better paintball teams. I think its safe to say that teams that usually play in the PSP are better than their NPPL counterparts. Just look at Portland Uprising. Good 7man team (made top 4 a couple times IIRC) but didn't win a single match at World Cup. Obviously if you are competitive, like everyone playing tournament should be, you would want to be playing in the league with the best teams.
also take into account the higher up divisions you go the more the competition is in NPPL. there are more pro, div 1, and div 2 teams overall for the year in psp. in fact the only thing that really sets psp apart from the nppl in attendance is race to 2 5 man.

lat thing, 1st place d3 this year was around 7000$ for first. if it is so easy to play 7 man put your money where your mouth is. come out and play nppl, win some money and you got entry for at least 3 events. its just that easy
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:21 PM #103
Chex5
All I Do iS F-ING WIN!!!!
 
Chex5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Chex5 plays in the PSP
Chex5 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Chex5 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
minions got 4th for the season and wasnt able to play the last event. but that is irrelevant to the price of rice in china.

i have heard this day old question of which format produces better teams, and honestly you cant say either. i have played top 4 psp teams that have never made it to sunday in nppl and ive played psp teams that couldnt make sunday and go all the way in nppl. and obviously there are super teams out there like dynasty who do well in both leagues. i know dynasty 2 is full of last years d3 players and they just won division 1 against louisville sluggers who play pro in psp. also look at topgun union. never set the world on fire in nppl div2. they almost won the series in div 1 psp. and im sure if you looked you could find info on how much better some teams are in psp. all of this is pointless. i would take into consideration that a team name is just a name. the players change year to year, event to event, and format to format.
Louisville sluggers do not play pro in the PSP
__________________
:PBFashion,HK Army,Blitz paintball,P4 Paintball,Empire Paintball,DYE,Ninja.

Mile High Saints NPPL
Blitz Paintball
American Paintball Coliseum
Chex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:02 AM #104
patch32
 
 
patch32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston
patch32 plays in the APPA D1 division
patch32 supports Empire
How much does d2 payout?
patch32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:48 AM #105
TX_Kaoskid
Bobert
 
TX_Kaoskid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Round Rock
TX_Kaoskid plays in the PSP
TX_Kaoskid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TX_Kaoskid plays in the APPA D3 division
TX_Kaoskid has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS***

also take into account the higher up divisions you go the more the competition is in NPPL. there are more pro, div 1, and div 2 teams overall for the year in psp. in fact the only thing that really sets psp apart from the nppl in attendance is race to 2 5 man.

lat thing, 1st place d3 this year was around 7000$ for first. if it is so easy to play 7 man put your money where your mouth is. come out and play nppl, win some money and you got entry for at least 3 events. its just that easy
Well, I'm not choosing sides. I enjoy both leagues. 7man because I don't have to run as much, but I love xball(race-to, still xball to me....miss the old style though) because it's so fast. I played d1 in 7man...and d2 this season (d1 at cup) and I personally feel that psp has better competition.

Onto the money aspect. I don't go to events to win money. I go to events just to win. They can burn the money, put it through a paper shredder, etc. I just hate losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch32
How much does d2 payout?
I like where your head is

I'm still distraught with our match at cup
-.-
__________________
DallasJets
RIP Sidney Ng. We miss you
TX_Kaoskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump