Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-24-2011, 11:48 AM #1
Punyhuman

Us Army Alpha question...

Was wonder if this is a good marker to use. I'm geting back into the game and play alot or woods ball and senerio games. I was going to go with the 98 custom but was wonder if there is really a diffrence between the 2 markers. Cause with the Tippmann i was going to mod it out to look almost like the Alpha but if i can get most of the parts already on the alpha i was going to go that route. Also with the Alpha am i able to put barrels from the 98 on it. Also i have notice with a few videos on youtube doesn't seem you can get much distance with the Alha unless they where turned way down. Sorry about all the question but i know you guys will steer me in the right direction Thanks
Punyhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2011, 03:22 AM #2
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
These are really durable markers, it was my first marker. There are no RIS rails on it like are on the Project Salvo, so scopes and other attatchments cannot be added. It has the quick thread style on it, so yes as long as it is the larger thread and not finer threads on your barrel it will work. I have never has any velocity problems with mine, I have rarely moved the velocity screw on it.

Any more questions, just ask me. Be glad to help!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:59 AM #3
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The 98 customs and the alpha black markers are the same internally. The bolt, power tube,valve and rear hammer are all the same. They both have the same barrel threads. Depending on which model 98 custom you get it can take an egrip or a response trigger, the alpha black can take both as well. You can fit cyclone feeders on both markers as well. All you would really need out of the box would be a better barrel.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:45 AM #4
Punyhuman

Sweet thanks guys yeah i Really like the way the Alpha Black looks. I was just worried about parts thats all. I do like the Project Salvos they are sweet just not sure if im ready to lay the money down for them yet. Actually not really sure even what they cost.
Punyhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:39 PM #5
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Its around $150 for the Alpha Black Tactical Edition and Project Salvo. It depends on where you buy it from.