Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 06:21 PM #1
atebano
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Plan on buying a new gun!

My 2 options are the Fusion Fx and Etek 3 lt.
Please only give an opinion if you have shot both. I would really appreciate the help.
Right now I am leaning towards the FX. Any advice will help!
atebano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2011, 06:42 PM #2
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor
 
i8somepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AK, Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by atebano
My 2 options are the Fusion Fx and Etek 3 lt.
Please only give an opinion if you have shot both. I would really appreciate the help.
Right now I am leaning towards the FX. Any advice will help!
Out of the box, the Etek will shoot a little smoother than the FX. But if you upgrade the FX with an aftermarket rammer and maybe a bolt such as the LAW Ram and Hush Bolt or NDZ bolt you can make the marker way smoother. The stock bolt is pretty much garbage though, just putting that out there.

The FX can also achieve very good efficiency numbers getting almost a case and even over especially if you set the LAW Ram to it's heaviest configuration.

The Etek doesn't quite hit that benchmark maybe getting 3 bags on a good fill.

The boards will both do what you need. I prefer OLEDs though so I would pick up the FX on that aspect although sometimes it does some silly things.

My first electro was an Etek and it was a great marker. The LT will work just fine compared to the AM and you can throw a APE Rampage OLED if you were thinking about getting the AM and Emortal board.

I shoot Dangerous Power now though because they are great markers for the price you pay you get a TON of marker and with the right upgrades can put in on the level of high end markers.

Either marker will work great though and if you can get your hands on both and try what you can out on them, which I know sometimes is easier said than done.
__________________
University of Akron Paintball

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever

Last edited by i8somepie : 11-16-2011 at 06:49 PM.
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:34 AM #3
atebano
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Yea, a big factor in my choice is that for 500 the fx comes with a board I could probably never worry about upgrading. With the etek 3 lt at 495 I will eventually want the APE for it and that would be money I could spend on upgrades for the fx. Also the colors on the fx help cause you can really have anything you want. But what did you mean by the fx board acting silly?
atebano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 PM #4
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor
 
i8somepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AK, Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by atebano
Yea, a big factor in my choice is that for 500 the fx comes with a board I could probably never worry about upgrading. With the etek 3 lt at 495 I will eventually want the APE for it and that would be money I could spend on upgrades for the fx. Also the colors on the fx help cause you can really have anything you want. But what did you mean by the fx board acting silly?
The board logic has a couple quirks. I can't think of them off hand, but it's nothing serious. The FX feels great in the hands and shoots well straight out of the box, and has a TON of potential still. The board will last you as long as you'll want it as well. ANS has all those exclusive colors which is a huge bonus.

The Dangerous Power community here on PBnation is incredible as well and the folks will be more than happy to help you if anything were to ever occur.
__________________
University of Akron Paintball

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:59 AM #5
atebano
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
The board logic has a couple quirks. I can't think of them off hand, but it's nothing serious. The FX feels great in the hands and shoots well straight out of the box, and has a TON of potential still. The board will last you as long as you'll want it as well. ANS has all those exclusive colors which is a huge bonus.

The Dangerous Power community here on PBnation is incredible as well and the folks will be more than happy to help you if anything were to ever occur.
Well that makes my decision a little easier. Im going to keep lookin for a week or so, I also wouldnt mind having an 08ego. My local store says that they shoot better? But i really like the FX. And hopefully tomorrow ill be able to shoot someone elses fx at the field.
atebano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:21 AM #6
Bigfatts
 
 
Bigfatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: the Swamp
My Egos never impressed me, including my 08. The Fx is a solid gun with great potential, especially now that it's being backed more with aftermaket upgrades. If you decide to stray from your Fx/Etek choice and do go used, look at the Vice, much nicer shooting than the 08 Ego.
__________________
MacDev Cyborg RX (Lucky barrel)
Bob Long Marq 7 Rapper (Tadao board, Violent trigger, BL 360, BL GearDrive, BL CF, Pillow bolt, 4c eyes, G6r barrel)
Ion Project: Strange bob body, BL CamDrive, NDZ trigger, Eclipse QEV- Still looking for gloss blue parts

I need to buy some stuff:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3716800
Marqs to fund a Vic or MacDev:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post73530832
Bigfatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:21 AM #7
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor
 
i8somepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AK, Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfatts
My Egos never impressed me, including my 08. The Fx is a solid gun with great potential, especially now that it's being backed more with aftermaket upgrades. If you decide to stray from your Fx/Etek choice and do go used, look at the Vice, much nicer shooting than the 08 Ego.
I agree with this. My feelings are:
Vice > upgraded FX > Ego 8 > FX > Etek

Now, the Vice has a smoother shot and great efficiency, decent ergonomics, and needs no upgrades unless you want an OLED and maybe an On/Off but requires accurate tuning (Not a big deal if you have a tester).

The upgraded FX (TechT Ram & Hush Bolt) is a great platform capable of smoothness or efficiency and in between. OLED board stock and good ergonomics.

Egos are tanks and reliable beyond all belief. You can set and forget it. But they are loud and kicky. Plus some of it's components are being phased out by Eclipse and will be harder to get in the future but are still available now. I love the way they feel in my hands though and the board is excellent as well. It was a super marker when it came out and still performs as one still to this day.

A stock FX is a sweet gun but lacks the refinements that the aftermarket upgrades give it. The stock bolt is also built poorly. DP's (Amazone) customer service can be lackluster but the community on pbNation well makes up for it.

The Etek is essentially an Ego that operates at a higher pressure with an LED board. It'll do anything you'll need though and can be tuned within 60-75 psi of the Ego's operating pressure. They'll be louder than an Ego as well. PE's customer service is killer though and one of the top in the paintball industry.

These are my opinions and I'm sure some people will disagree though.
__________________
University of Akron Paintball

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 PM #8
atebano
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I think im just going to get an ego 08, and if for some reason I feel I dont like it im sure i can find someone who would trade for an fx. If i get an fx i dont think ill be able to find someone who would trade for the ego 08. The vice is nice too, but im really stuck on the fx and ego for some reason. Im goin to my local field tomorrow, maybe my feelings will change lol

BTW you guys give some great advice. I really appreciate it.
atebano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:49 PM #9
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor
 
i8somepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AK, Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by atebano
I think im just going to get an ego 08, and if for some reason I feel I dont like it im sure i can find someone who would trade for an fx. If i get an fx i dont think ill be able to find someone who would trade for the ego 08. The vice is nice too, but im really stuck on the fx and ego for some reason. Im goin to my local field tomorrow, maybe my feelings will change lol

BTW you guys give some great advice. I really appreciate it.
You can't go wrong with any of those choices.

Good luck on the hunt.
__________________
University of Akron Paintball

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:30 PM #10
Unactive
SNOW WHERE ARE YOU!!!!
 
Unactive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minnesota
Unactive is playing at Living Legends V
Unactive owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Unactive is for the Gunfight
I'd go fx over the etek3 but I'd most definitely go ego 8 over both of those.
Unactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:44 AM #11
dukops420
 
 
dukops420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: california
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
Out of the box, the Etek will shoot a little smoother than the FX. But if you upgrade the FX with an aftermarket rammer and maybe a bolt such as the LAW Ram and Hush Bolt or NDZ bolt you can make the marker way smoother. The stock bolt is pretty much garbage though, just putting that out there.

The FX can also achieve very good efficiency numbers getting almost a case and even over especially if you set the LAW Ram to it's heaviest configuration.

The Etek doesn't quite hit that benchmark maybe getting 3 bags on a good fill.

The boards will both do what you need. I prefer OLEDs though so I would pick up the FX on that aspect although sometimes it does some silly things.

My first electro was an Etek and it was a great marker. The LT will work just fine compared to the AM and you can throw a APE Rampage OLED if you were thinking about getting the AM and Emortal board.

I shoot Dangerous Power now though because they are great markers for the price you pay you get a TON of marker and with the right upgrades can put in on the level of high end markers.

Either marker will work great though and if you can get your hands on both and try what you can out on them, which I know sometimes is easier said than done.

this ^ , and yea i heard dp decided to make there oled boards in house so they turned out crappy ?? , but i would go for the etek becausel im a pe fanboy , and i have only shot a fx a few times , but i loved my etek , i preffered my axe over both of them , good luck with your purchase
dukops420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:15 PM #12
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor
 
i8somepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AK, Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukops420

this ^ , and yea i heard dp decided to make there oled boards in house so they turned out crappy ?? , but i would go for the etek becausel im a pe fanboy , and i have only shot a fx a few times , but i loved my etek , i preffered my axe over both of them , good luck with your purchase
Yes, the boards in the FX now were based off of the APE OLEDs like in the Rev-I, pretty much a much a direct ripoff. The boards were manufactured in Taiwan to my knowledge and there are a couple quirks to the programming but nothing serious. The boards though have every mode you'd need and will perform to any end users needs.

The Etek will generally be gentler on paint compared to a FASOR such as the FX. The design of the FX requires that the ram not only strike the poppet, but also overcome the force of the rammer return spring, thus requiring more pressure to move the ram compared to the Etek which uses air for both the forward and return cycle.

Both markers contain technologies that blow me away compared to when I became interested in paintball. There's so many options on the market that you shouldn't rule any one out.
__________________
University of Akron Paintball

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump