PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-21-2011, 12:06 PM #1
bunkermonkey228

Indoor Invitational (Cleveland, MS)

Posted a thread about Delta Paintball Park wanting to host a Tournament, well here is the plan. Cleveland is 30 minutes from our field, we are in talks with City Officials about renting the Expo Center for a weekend to put on an Indoor Invitational event. The plan is to charge like 3$ admission to public as there will be bleachers for fans, friends, family, and there will be concessions and/or catering. We're shooting for Januar or February most likely to give us plenty of time to get everything set and flyers put out and plenty of advertising. Seriously interested teams post here so I can get a head count, there will be an entry fee and price of paint listed just as soon as we have the final details.

D4 5-Man Race to 2(maybe 3 depending on how many teams show)
12.5 bps PSP

We will ask for 1 player from 4 to 6 teams that are not playing at that moment or on deck to play, to assist with reffing. We are trying to get a prize package together but at the very least we are working on getting 1st, 2nd, 3rd place trophies.

Those of you who play at a higher level than D-4 we will try to figure out a way for you guys to play if interested maybe mix you in with some D4 teams if you guys want to support some local paintball action.

pm me or contact me at 662-588-2946

Delta Paintball Park
Team Voodoo
Brent Lance
bunkermonkey228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2011, 02:58 PM #2
TheBunker

What kind of surface would the playing field be?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:17 PM #3
STD4
Ole Miss Rebels

STD4 plays in the PSP
STD4 plays in the MiLP
STD4 is an NCPA player
STD4 plays in the APPA D3 division
Why limit it to just D4? Make it open so anyone can play
STD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:34 PM #4
Electric WOP
What time is it?

has been a member for 10 years
Electric WOP plays in the PSP
Electric WOP plays in the MiLP
Electric WOP plays in the APPA D2 division
Having competing teams ref each other might be an issue. If you are going to do this event, do it right and have a ref crew. You can find competent refs if you look hard enough or incentivize them to help. Organize the reffing or something to that extent but do not have them ref themselves.
"Raise your game!"
www.Ninjapaintball.com
"Ultimate Air Power"
www.GIsportz.com
Electric WOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 PM #5
bunkermonkey228

this is just a rough idea of format guys..we may wind up opening it up to higher levels such as D2 and D3. the field will more than likely be dirt floor unfortunately unless anyone knows how to grow some grass in the winter inside a giant expo building...but this is for a great cause and could really help the paintball community not only in our area but open up eyes of a lot of people that paintball is a very selfless sport. I will post flyers once everything is official, and will work on finding a reffing crew that will not be playing. Thanks for the support
Old 11-23-2011, 12:34 PM #6
Kaiser Bob

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkermonkey228
this is just a rough idea of format guys..we may wind up opening it up to higher levels such as D2 and D3. the field will more than likely be dirt floor unfortunately unless anyone knows how to grow some grass in the winter inside a giant expo building...but this is for a great cause and could really help the paintball community not only in our area but open up eyes of a lot of people that paintball is a very selfless sport. I will post flyers once everything is official, and will work on finding a reffing crew that will not be playing. Thanks for the support
IMO bare dirt is the best option for an indoor event unless someone has a truckload of artifical turf to roll out.
Kaiser Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:39 PM #7
bunkermonkey228

thanks kaiser, i mean we would love to do it at our field in leland. But it is 30 minutes away and much smaller community, and there would be no bleachers which means minimal audience, minimal prizes(if any) and less public benefit. If we could push this through and turn it into an annual charity event for Jackson Burn Center, this could really push paintball to a new level for MS(atleast most of the surrounding areas like middle to north half MS where it desperately needs growth) as far as tournament scene is concerned.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:15 PM #8
TheBunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkermonkey228 View Post
"Dirt is fine." Thanks for your answer. I'm sure we will have more questions and we would love to support your cause but it is hard to promote" rough ideas." Let us know when you have everything figured out and then we will bring you some entries.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:47 PM #9
bunkermonkey228

indeed it is hard to promote rough ideas, just wanted to get everyones minds open to the idea, will get the flyer up as soon as we have everything official. thanks for all the support so far
Old 11-23-2011, 02:32 PM #10
Budliteallnite
MidSouthOutlaws FTW

Budliteallnite plays in the MiLP
Budliteallnite supports Team VICIOUS
Budliteallnite plays in the APPA D3 division
Budliteallnite supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkermonkey228 View Post
I really think he was simply asking if it was gonna be turf... Not if someone was gonna grow grass in the winter inside a giant expo building
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 PM #11
Shogun228

Shogun228 plays in the PSP
Shogun228 plays in the MiLP
Shogun228 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shogun228 plays in the APPA D3 division
A team from Swat Paintball will be there!
Shogun228 is online now   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups