PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-18-2011, 01:44 PM #1
loukyballer
502nd C.O.

has been a member for 10 years
Castle Conquest II - NOV 19th

It's tomorrow - Nov. 19th! Yes, this is the same weekend as the indoor tournament.

Matt has worked out his details for the event (he'll go over them at the players briefing). The 502nd will be refereeing the event underneath Matt (who will be gamemaster and ultimate ref).

TIMELINE:
9AM - players briefing
10AM - GAME ON
I think he planned a 1hr lunch break and then a 30min break for the final session.
Each session I expect to be 1.5 to 2 hours in duration; 3 sessions.
The final session, should be both teams working together against the 502nd who will be defending the castle (depending on number of us that attend).

We've added a lot of new bunkers around the castle to make it easier to get closer for the assaulting team.

The prizes at the end will be raffled off among all players.
I *THINK* the way it works is all players on the winning team will receive 1 extra raffle ticket - so you are ultimately playing for pride and the extra ticket to win loot! Normal raffle tickets are based on paint purchase and entry to the event. No idea what is in the raffle, but if Kenny is true to form, it will be good loot!

Basic premise: multiple colored barrels near the castle. Touch one alive for points (at which point you are killed and have to respawn). Closer barrels worth more points. Game penalties willl result in a negative scores being assessed.
loukyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2011, 11:25 PM #2
loukyballer
502nd C.O.

has been a member for 10 years
Thanks to everyone who came out and played today!

I don't recall exactly which team won today, but it went pretty well. We got some good feedback on some issues, but overall it seemed like it was a well-received format!

The final battle was a constant firefight with something happening on all sides of the castle the whole time. There were only 7 of us inside and 27-30 outside attacking. Castle held the whole time, but a few exterior tags were achieved at a high price. It was VERY tough for us inside and we look forward to next years' final battle! More bunkers and more players and more barrels will make it more better!!!!
loukyballer is offline   Reply With Quote