Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 01:49 AM #64
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
cool, but still no actual product info.
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2011, 01:02 PM #65
m_kenney
I gettemouttahere
 
m_kenney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
m_kenney plays in the PSP
m_kenney owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
m_kenney plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderBiter View Post
So there's a dye company coming out with colored snow?
yo dood that yellow snow is agg.
__________________
"Originally posted by amontoya: lori, can i prepay in advance for the fines that i am going to incur over the season??? =)"
m_kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:25 PM #66
Jhosgood
Joe
 
Jhosgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Barrington NJ
Jhosgood supports Team VICIOUS
Why is everyone so against dye doing snowboarding as well? Has anyone looked at the valken website? They do hockey boat racing and a ton of other things not even remotely related to paintball...
__________________
Invert mini
Dust olive
Jhosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:25 PM #67
SpyderBiter
TrollRapeSurprise
 
SpyderBiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhosgood
Why is everyone so against dye doing snowboarding as well? Has anyone looked at the valken website? They do hockey boat racing and a ton of other things not even remotely related to paintball...
I'm not against it. I would like to see some differently colored snow around here.
__________________
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Why wont he accept my friend request?"
SpyderBiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:00 PM #68
Grizzly Billy (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Grizzly Billy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
This thread is a good read. Good to see dyes team consists of some finnish guys who probably have more air time on episodes of "the dudesons" then snowboarding.


GOOD LUCK DYE LOL
Grizzly Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:36 AM #69
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I agree. In stead, they should have signed guys like you and atthemattin because apparently your WAY better and know WAY more about smowboarding than anyone ever. Dye is stupid to sign some finnish dudeson guys over you 2 superstar tuff guys.
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:54 PM #70
Grizzly Billy (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Grizzly Billy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I wonder what the world looks like through your eyes? I mean, you pretty much pulled that whole post out of your ***, the only thing even related to my post is that you mentioned a dudeson.

However, dye is moving up in the snow world, when you google them, they are now above websites on how to dye snow different colours.
Grizzly Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:03 PM #71
playing in traffic
Shop smart....shop S-Mart
 
playing in traffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocking The 905
 has been a member for 10 years
Apparently they’re going to be priced similar to the I4’s depending on graphics and lens choice. Also they should be available for sale sometime in December which I find strange as its kind of late in the game. Most companies dropped their 2012 product line by at least September. Personally I’m holding off on replacing my old Spy goggles this season until they get released.

As for Dye wanting to expand their product line into snowboarding, whats the big deal? It’s really no different then JT Sports branching over from motocross into paintball, just look at how successful that was. If they can release a solid product at a decent price it seems like smart business decision to me.
playing in traffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:56 PM #72
atthemattin
Is it really a woman?
 
atthemattin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boiling Springs, PA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by playing in traffic View Post
Apparently theyíre going to be priced similar to the I4ís depending on graphics and lens choice. Also they should be available for sale sometime in December which I find strange as its kind of late in the game. Most companies dropped their 2012 product line by at least September. Personally Iím holding off on replacing my old Spy goggles this season until they get released.

As for Dye wanting to expand their product line into snowboarding, whats the big deal? Itís really no different then JT Sports branching over from motocross into paintball, just look at how successful that was. If they can release a solid product at a decent price it seems like smart business decision to me.
enplane to me why i should buy from dye, say a company i have never heard of and is now getting into a sport that it has no experience in, when i could buy from a company who has been making goggles for years? if the goggles are priced the same, why would i buy from dye?
__________________
The list of epic, I was there
7-11-09 Can I tap that?
9-11-08 My Thoughts on People
7-27-07 we witnessed /b/ fall
6-21-06 10pm real radio hide out
1-16-05 Parent PORNO
ST; S Snowboard Thread - Just leave, we don't want you. Go talk about snowboard in some other fourm.
atthemattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:43 PM #73
playing in traffic
Shop smart....shop S-Mart
 
playing in traffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocking The 905
 has been a member for 10 years
I don't see why I should have to EXPLAIN to you why you should buy a pair of Dye goggles vs another more establish goggle company. That's the great thing about free choice, making decisions and thinking for yourself. Iíve made the choice (freedom, its great isnít it?) to hold off on buying a new pair of goggles until I see what Dye brings to the table. If the build quality is garbage or way too expensive versus the competition then Iíll buy something else. See that wasnít too hard now was it.

I already used one example in how JT went from being a successful brand in motocross to a successful brand in paintball. They did it so who is to say that Dye cant accomplish the same thing in snowboarding. Nike is another great company that comes to mind. I love my Nike Vernon jacket, but by your logic I should have bought a jacket from more establish company.

Iím sure with a marketing campaign in magazines, sponsoring pro riders, brand recognition (for some people who play or have played paintball) they should be able to produce some kind of buzz about their product. If itís a solid product it will speak for itself gaining a lot of ground with word of mouth. Hell look at this thread already. You canít say itís not generating a buzz already since were all talking about it
playing in traffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:59 PM #74
iPaintYou
..needs a better username
 
iPaintYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by playing in traffic View Post
You can’t say it’s not generating a buzz already since were all talking about it
This is a paintball website..
__________________
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
iPaintYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:12 PM #75
playing in traffic
Shop smart....shop S-Mart
 
playing in traffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocking The 905
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPaintYou View Post
This is a paintball website..
And were talking about snowboarding gear, so whats your point
playing in traffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 PM #76
atthemattin
Is it really a woman?
 
atthemattin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boiling Springs, PA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by playing in traffic View Post
I don't see why I should have to EXPLAIN to you why you should buy a pair of Dye goggles vs another more establish goggle company. That's the great thing about free choice, making decisions and thinking for yourself. Iíve made the choice (freedom, its great isnít it?) to hold off on buying a new pair of goggles until I see what Dye brings to the table. If the build quality is garbage or way too expensive versus the competition then Iíll buy something else. See that wasnít too hard now was it.
to me it doesn't sound like you grasp the concept of marketing. you need to be able to get people to buy your gear because its great for whatever reason. so, if i was looking for goggles, and i see a pair of dye or smith, spy Oakley, zeal, dragon or who ever else. why would i just go and pick up a pair of dye and say "oh, these are paintball goggles, they have to make good snowboard goggles". fact of the matter is no one would say that because they are just now getting into the industry. you want a comparison to another sporting giant who tried this? how about Adidas? they have much deeper pockets to produce a product and a more respected brand name. but you don't see people going crazy over them because they are not a proven goggle company. why blow 120 bucks on a chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playing in traffic View Post
I already used one example in how JT went from being a successful brand in motocross to a successful brand in paintball. They did it so who is to say that Dye cant accomplish the same thing in snowboarding. Nike is another great company that comes to mind. I love my Nike Vernon jacket, but by your logic I should have bought a jacket from more establish company.
you know why they could make it into paintball? because paintball is a small sport which brings in very little money in comparison to snowboarding. not to mention the number of competitors that JT had when they got into the sport were small. snowboarding has how many companies that make just goggles? and by my logic you would by from a company that has proven its self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playing in traffic View Post
Iím sure with a marketing campaign in magazines, sponsoring pro riders, brand recognition (for some people who play or have played paintball) they should be able to produce some kind of buzz about their product. If itís a solid product it will speak for itself gaining a lot of ground with word of mouth. Hell look at this thread already. You canít say itís not generating a buzz already since were all talking about it
yeah, you can buy all the promotional space you want. but when it comes down to it, the fanboys of dye are vastly out numbered by fanboys of smith, oakely and so on. and even the people that buy dye **** for paintball probably buy goggles from other companies because they work, fit their face, and are stylish. and if you think this thread is "making a buzz" then i'm not going to even bother anymore.
__________________
The list of epic, I was there
7-11-09 Can I tap that?
9-11-08 My Thoughts on People
7-27-07 we witnessed /b/ fall
6-21-06 10pm real radio hide out
1-16-05 Parent PORNO
ST; S Snowboard Thread - Just leave, we don't want you. Go talk about snowboard in some other fourm.
atthemattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:05 PM #77
Grizzly Billy (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Grizzly Billy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by playing in traffic View Post
Nike is another great company that comes to mind. I love my Nike Vernon jacket, but by your logic I should have bought a jacket from more establish company.
How can you compare these... Nike is probably a top 5 most recognizable brand in the world, known for making footwear/clothing.They entered the snowboard scene making footwear and outerwear. Nike has fanboys, dye cannot compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playing in traffic View Post
Hell look at this thread already. You canít say itís not generating a buzz already since were all talking about it
There is no buzz. I have seen NOTHING on the big snowboard blogs/forums. Googling Dye Snowboarding you get this thread, a ****** link, and then a whole lot on 686 tye dye gear and how to dye gear. Show me any positive buzz in the snowboard world.
Grizzly Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:30 PM #78
playing in traffic
Shop smart....shop S-Mart
 
playing in traffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocking The 905
 has been a member for 10 years
First off Iíll say this, I donít think that Dye is going to come into the snowboard world and change the game or even make a huge splash. What I think and hope is they come out with a great, solid product that can compete within the current goggle market.

Iím going to go ahead and agreed that was a very valid point about JT, but I think your missing the point. People are just writing off Dye for what? Because there a paintball company and can never be more than that? Seems pretty silly to me. Nike jumped into snowboarding, golf, hockey and as far as I know they crushed it by making great products. Why canít Dye be some what successful in a new market? Sure a company like Nike has deep pockets for R&D but were talking about goggles, something that Dye has been doing for years. I find it funny that your questioning me on the concept of marketing when I donít think you even get it. Companies advertise to get their products out there, so I donít understand your point? Companies shouldnít advertise because ďfanboysí will only buy a certain product? I donít know about you but I donít think ĎfanboysĒ rule the market. Personally I feel sorry for that closed minded bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Billy View Post
How can you compare these... Nike is probably a top 5 most recognizable brand in the world, known for making footwear/clothing.They entered the snowboard scene making footwear and outerwear. Nike has fanboys, dye cannot compare.
Not comparing, using them as an exmaple of a company expanding into other markets. I used it has an example to counter atthemattin point that I should have bought from a established snowboard company.

If you guys are missing that point then I really donít know how much clear I can make it.
playing in traffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:57 PM #79
iPaintYou
..needs a better username
 
iPaintYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by playing in traffic View Post
And were talking about snowboarding gear, so whats your point
People on this website are likely to recognize Dye's brand because they have played paintball at one point in their life. Therefore, we are more likely to discuss Dye's entry into snowboarding gear. If it were mentioned that Dye might be getting into snowboarding gear on another website not related to paintball, then people might just think "they'll probably make ****" and never think about/discuss it again. My two cents at least.
__________________
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
iPaintYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:48 PM #80
Grizzly Billy (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Grizzly Billy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by playing in traffic View Post
. Companies advertise to get their products out there, so I donít understand your point? Companies shouldnít advertise because ďfanboysí will only buy a certain product? I donít know about you but I donít think ĎfanboysĒ rule the market. Personally I feel sorry for that closed minded bunch.
How do you imagine they'll advertise? What do you think works best for advertising in the snowboard industry.

Honestly quality gear matters to very few people. The snowboard thread has proven most people snowboarding dont have much of a clue about technical aspects of snowboards and related gear.

Kids these days care more about brand image, and whos wearing what. If Torstein is rockin DC, they wanna rock DC, they dont care about how quality it is. Honestly even if dye made a superb quality goggles that looked great and are competitively priced, 95% of people are going to look over them for oakleys, VZs, Anons, Spy, Dragons, Smith and the other eyewear companies. Oakleys are ridiculously priced yet still kill it.
Grizzly Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:49 PM #81
Deimus85
Playground Legend
 
Deimus85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: ē609ē
Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
They are really doing a great job at releasing their gear, considering the peak gear season is upon us and still no product info. They are going to kill it this season.
__________________
ē The Playground Paintball Park ē The PGPL
ēDLXēValkenēCaptain O-RingēRazaē

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:06 AM #82
DiscoBiscuit
Sciss Kid
 
DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sciss City
saw some guys rocking prototypes on big bear today and they looked dope as ****. dye is on point on the lense, strap, and frame....i wouldnt be surprised if they ended up catching on in the snowboard community.
__________________
SCISSKIDS
Moose Krew
DiscoBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:10 PM #83
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life


one of their team riders wearign them. i want some already
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:25 PM #84
heh. (Banned)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
i like them. i like the fact it looks like it has the same vision as a dye paintball goggle, at least the i3/4's.
heh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump