PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2011, 11:49 AM #1
awsk77
FOXTROT PAINTBALL

awsk77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
trigger sticking on invasion

ok so when i oull the trigger slowly on it it stays back, like after the micro switch clicks.and if i walk it it sticks less but it still stiicks..not sure what to do and dont wanna mess wiht the gun too much without knowing the insides.. can anybody help me?
"then I busted to the snake and shot like 77 guys...wiped five hits...stopped to dry hump a hot mom in the stands...and punched a 14 yr old spoiled kid in the face who was holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him...then the ref high-fived me for being a BAD ***."
awsk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2011, 03:49 PM #2
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Trigger isnt sticking anymore. Just talked to him on the phone.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:41 AM #3
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
ah okay what was the problemo?
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:30 AM #4
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
The trigger rides between two tapers. The way to adjust the side movement is to adjust them closer or further apart. If they get too close they Squeeze the trigger. Just loosen them a bit.
Another nice thing is you can take the trigger all the way out very easily if it gets a hit. Take a look at the manual if you're interested.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:51 PM #5
awsk77
FOXTROT PAINTBALL

thanks jack but i honestly didnt do anything to it. just during practice it kept sticking less after every shot. it shot great! SO CONSISTENT!
"then I busted to the snake and shot like 77 guys...wiped five hits...stopped to dry hump a hot mom in the stands...and punched a 14 yr old spoiled kid in the face who was holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him...then the ref high-fived me for being a BAD ***."
Old 11-15-2011, 12:19 AM #6
Jack Rice

Happy it was consist and shot great - it was new so maybe just setting in a little - so great - IF...it gets shot and starts to stick then you may want to ...take the set screw out and clean it...
Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 PM #7
awsk77
FOXTROT PAINTBALL

alright will do if it happens.. thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:30 PM #8
awsk77
FOXTROT PAINTBALL

one thing though jack that i jsut remembered, was that it had a terrible first shot drop off. i could shoot once and it be really slow, thent he rest were fine unless i didnt keep shooting..for example id start shooting, stop for 2-3 seconds to look around or somehting then when i shot again the first shot was really low. i dont knwo if its just because its not broken in or if i have to adjust the settings or somehting of the sort.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:09 AM #9
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsk77 View Post
one thing though jack that i jsut remembered, was that it had a terrible first shot drop off. i could shoot once and it be really slow, thent he rest were fine unless i didnt keep shooting..for example id start shooting, stop for 2-3 seconds to look around or somehting then when i shot again the first shot was really low. i dont knwo if its just because its not broken in or if i have to adjust the settings or somehting of the sort.
u might have to adjust your LPR and dwell setting until the marker gets more broken in to prevent that.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:33 PM #10
awsk77
FOXTROT PAINTBALL

alright thanks ryan
Old 11-20-2011, 12:04 AM #11
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

np, once u get around 15-20 cases through the marker you should be able to drop those settings down
Old 12-31-2011, 09:59 PM #12
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
as far as the trigger sticking this is what i have noticed. the 2 pics that keep it in place from the sides have a very large margin of where they can be set. if you set them just barely loose enough for the trigger to move, they slowly creep in and pinch the trigger, so back it out a 1/4 turn. if it still happens (this is what i have found will help NOT what jack advises so take it with a grain of salt) take a tiny bit of Teflon tape and do 1 wrap on each screw, then adjust to preference and that should stop the creep on the pins. at first i thought about lock tight but different companies make different stuff so why risk getting them totally stuck? tiny bit of Teflon should do the trick, thats the first thing im doing for my friends when there invasions arrive in a few days.
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:00 AM #13
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan2 View Post
... back it out a 1/4 turn. if it still happens...
Trigger rides on two tapers. If you back it out to where the it has any play it can't stick - just can't.
The reason triggers start to stick is they are set to where they just have enough space to move freely - so they have almost no sideways slop - but then dirt or paint gets in there and then they stick.
The trigger can be removed with taking the gun apart and cleaned - or just loosen the trigger up until you have the time and inclination to clean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan2 View Post
... back it out a 1/4 turn. if it still happens (this is what i have found will help, NOT what jack advises so take it with a grain of salt) take a tiny bit of Teflon tape and do 1 wrap on each screw,
First what is being said is that the screws creep and that makes them stick. I think it's the dirt and paint getting in there when the are set quite tight.
Second, I have no problem with putting Teflon tape on the screws instead of locktite and if you use locktite use low hold - but if you back the screw out because trigger got sticky it won't move much, so you don't "need" locktite or Teflon tape. There is very little surface area toughing on the trigger. The reason to use either is because you want a trigger set right at the limits -so you have almost no side play.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:31 PM #14
awsk77
FOXTROT PAINTBALL

jack this might be a little off topic but yesterday i played with my invasion. it was shooting really low the first game so it ried turning the HPR up, i turned up as much as it could go and it wouldnt shoot over 220-225.
im not sure what else to try.. i dont really know what to mess with lol. any idea what i could do?

thanks Alberto
Old 01-01-2012, 04:39 PM #15
Jack Rice

If you turn the LPR all the way up it will shoot over 400 - so something is too low, so it's either the LPR - but probably not - as if you don't have shoot down it's usually high enough or the dwell is too low - so set to 14 and try it again.

In is up right? ;-)
Old 01-01-2012, 10:01 PM #16
awsk77
FOXTROT PAINTBALL

ha, yea in is up! (; ill try it out tomorrow afternoon and let you know
thanks
Old 01-01-2012, 10:58 PM #17
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsk77 View Post
ha, yea in is up! (; ill try it out tomorrow afternoon and let you know
thanks
Usually better to call - this type of thing can take 5 postings over 3 days or 2 minutes on the phone.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 AM #18
awsk77
FOXTROT PAINTBALL

alright ill call tomorrow aswell.. i might just try to do the "optimizing performance"(in the manual pg 17) .. might help?
Old 01-02-2012, 02:48 AM #19
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
wait untill the gun is well broken in. remember, set it and forget it.... untill you run 15 cases through it lol.
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote