FightingOriole
No sanity here

FightingOriole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FightingOriole plays in the APPA D4 division
FightingOriole has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation Demon: description from an owner to pottential buyers

lately there have been questions being brought up about the Demon and people wanting reasons to buy it over other markers. This is the first spoolie that I have purchased and can find nothing but positives with it. In the next couple of sections I will try to outline exactly what the demon is and some of the ins, outs, and other fun parts of it.

Design: the demon design has been said to be a high-bred of a shocker, luxe, and other guns, I will let those who have owned these said markers be the judge of that. The design, from my perspective is very unique, yet amazing. The macroless set up makes it more eye appealing and easier to handle. The front grip/hpr, while having a different contouring than some may expect, fits well in the hands. the feed neck sits just right to prevent your hopper from flying off the gun when you dive, yet is not sitting a mile off the marker. While the gun feels back heavy without a tank or full hopper on it, once the player is about to take the field with the entire set up, it balance's out.

Case: The stock case for this gun is very basic in regards to sturdiness. its a cardboard box, that is it. Inside you will find two barrels .685 and .689 with the gun adapter. There is the standard Vanguard Copper Allen key set and a spare battery, charger with international adapters, and, of course, the gun
*Those of you worried about transport, I use a PE gravel backpack
to hold two guns (one in sleeve within the backpack the
other in the front compartment, air tank, Rotor, o-ring kit, 5 pods
and batteries)

Barrel: the barrel is a two piece design. The part which comes into contact with the paintball is actually all one piece. The second part is what attaches the barrel to the gun which is an AUTOCOCKER THREAD. According to Vanguard, this is a safety design so that if a player were to take a nasty dive, the barrel will break where the two parts meet to prevent twisting of the gun frame and being a more costly fix. Accuracy is a variable that one can measure for themselves. I am a back player and have noticed a little inaccuracy with some types of paint, but on the other side, you never know when that little amount of "slop" may lead to a ball hooking into a guy and leading to a win.

HPR/front grip: This part of the gun is nice, simple, and easy to take care of. Obviously, when adjust the FPS, this is the spot. The thing to keep in mind is that there is also a small screw in the bottom of the front grip. This small screw is locked in place (supposed to be, a person could take it out if they reeeaally wanted to), its only function is to prevent the HPR itself from spinning within the grip. Lube is all that is needed to keep this in tip top shape.

Bolt: As was said in the design section, there have been comparisons made to previous guns, but I will let you be the judge of that. The bolt is very easy to maintain with a total of I believe 9 o-rings between the bolt and can. Dow is my preferred lube, as it doesn't take much and the gun shoots flawlessly.

Board: the board for a Demon is exactly the same as a Vanguard Creed and every easy to modify. It comes with your standard settings, but is phenomenally easy to customize to the players needs. The unique thing with the Vanguard board is that the FSDO does not rank from 0-?, it is either ON or OFF, the Demon comes with it set to OFF.

Asa: the ASA is a simple design with a simple turn knob. One thing I learned very quick is that all you need to do is turn it till you feel the gun pressurize then stop. If you turn to far, you blow the o-ring, so once you feel it pressurize, stop. I have noticed that once you air it up, let it sit and see if it leaks air from around the knob, if it is: BACK IT OUT SLIGHTLY! The leaking air is caused by too much stress on the o-ring and backing it out slowly keeps the gun pressurized and takes some of the stress off. Just make sure to lube the knob o-ring and your good

Eyes: the eyes are normal wire eyes with adjustable sensitivity in the board.

USB port: The demon has a rechargeable battery. The port for this is behind a panel which is held in place by an Allen screw. this is an improvement over the creed which has only a rubber flap over the port which can be potentially problematic in wet conditions.

Vanguard customer service: If you have any questions, the Vanguard family is more than willing to help with simple questions along with a list of certified techs who are great at getting back to you with any questions, comments or concerns.

This has been a nuts and bolts break down of the Demon from one buyer to potential buyers. I have owned it for about a month and love it and will probably never buy another gun again. I have turned heads with it, and some teammates love it, even ones with Ego's. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or feel free to post on here. and by all means, other owners please chime in!
FightingOriole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2011, 11:43 PM #2
TwIgZ
paintin' faces

has been a member for 10 years
TwIgZ is Legendary
TwIgZ supports DLX Technology
The Demon in my first spoolie ever too. Played Saturday and Sunday this weekend for the first time and have been lovin it
TwIgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:10 PM #3
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
One thing that needs to be included in future shipments is an .050 allen since that is the allen used to remove the charging port cover.

Get that done would yah Eric, LOL.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:45 PM #4
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper (ACI) View Post
One thing that needs to be included in future shipments is an .050 allen since that is the allen used to remove the charging port cover.

Get that done would yah Eric, LOL.
SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH!
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 PM #5
Sick420
Hitting the Snake Fast!

I've owned a Demon for about 3 weeks. This past weekend I really put it through the test at a Tryout for a team. You know the saying "Its got to be the shoes" Well the Demon brought a whole new level to my play. Victory owners and luxe owners, DM owners, Geo Owners were all wowed by the performance the Demon was putting on the field. Everyone wanted to hold it and loved the way the trigger and grip felt and how good it rips. Some players even joked with me about not facing me in a drill. The demon and I really put on a great performance. I've only owned lower end markers before but since owning a Creed and the Demon I don't see my self even wanting a different marker for a long time. This two markers put the performance needed at a High Level.

Last edited by Sick420 : 09-26-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Sick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:40 PM #6
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
I want one!

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 PM #7
Flipmode101
Free Agent

Flipmode101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I had it for 2weeks now. The only I dont like about it is the grip. It's Fragile. The first time I clean the grip cover the glass came off. It took me a while to put it back andt the rubber start to ripp and crack, but not a big deal. I bought a custom grip from stinger paintball to replace it . Before I bought my DEMON, I was planning to buy a PE EGO 11, but I changed my mind the last minute and got me a DEMON. I even paid extra $50 to get it overnight ship in Miami. Shoot it out of the box and I love it.
Flipmode101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:07 PM #8
TwIgZ
paintin' faces

TwIgZ is Legendary
TwIgZ supports DLX Technology
^^^ had the same problem with the screen in the grip. came out too easy and is a pain to put back in.
TwIgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:32 PM #9
FightingOriole
No sanity here

had the screen in mine get shot out...how do you like the stinger grips?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 PM #10
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
i tried some stingers they feel good but i like the soft grips

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:04 PM #11
Sick420
Hitting the Snake Fast!

Stinger grips are okay. But it feels like the creed will slip out of my hand. The rubber Grips feel a lot more confortable
Sick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 PM #12
FightingOriole
No sanity here

thanks guys
Old 10-09-2011, 01:58 PM #13
FuzionF88
Yes..that did just happen

FuzionF88 is playing at Living Legends VI
FuzionF88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
FuzionF88 supports Team VICIOUS
FuzionF88 posts videos on PbNation
where can I find one?? like seriously who carries them in the US? or has it not been released yet? team gun only? pro gun only? how can I get one? there is barely any information out on them and all the reviews say they were released in april? were they pulled form the shelves? Ive been outta the game for about a year now and I want to come back.
FuzionF88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:18 PM #14
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Www.vanguardus.com
Has all info and guns in stock.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:44 AM #15
FightingOriole