Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-28-2011, 10:32 AM #1
LGT06

Question TechT L7 Bolt Without Blackheart Board

This is just a hypothetical question right now, I want to know if this is an option or not.

I am experiencing first shot drop off and I'm going to try to fix that by using Monkey Poo grease before I try changing the bolt or anything, but if using Monkey Poo in the gun and regulator doesn't fix the FSDO I might try a lighter bolt like the TechT L7. A lighter bolt would help fix FSDO, correct?

So I am wondering if changing to an L7 bolt without installing a Blackheart board would be an option. My stock Vibe doesn't allow you to manually set the dewll, you can only choose CO2 or HPA settings.

I am under the impression that would be OK. The dwell would be higher than I need with the L7 bolt, but that wouldn't really cause any problems, would it? It just wouldn't be as fast as it could be, which wouldn't matter since I don't have the Blackheart board.

What do you guys think?
LGT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2011, 10:52 AM #2
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGT06 View Post
This is just a hypothetical question right now, I want to know if this is an option or not.

I am experiencing first shot drop off and I'm going to try to fix that by using Monkey Poo grease before I try changing the bolt or anything, but if using Monkey Poo in the gun and regulator doesn't fix the FSDO I might try a lighter bolt like the TechT L7. A lighter bolt would help fix FSDO, correct?

So I am wondering if changing to an L7 bolt without installing a Blackheart board would be an option. My stock Vibe doesn't allow you to manually set the dewll, you can only choose CO2 or HPA settings.

I am under the impression that would be OK. The dwell would be higher than I need with the L7 bolt, but that wouldn't really cause any problems, would it? It just wouldn't be as fast as it could be, which wouldn't matter since I don't have the Blackheart board.

What do you guys think?
To be honest with you, I have never had FSDO issues and I am using the SP Firebolt. What type of lube were you using before you decided to switch?
Old 10-28-2011, 11:07 AM #3
LGT06

I'm using Dow33.

I've noticed this FSDO with the lube it had from the factory. The gun is brand new. I chrono'd it to about 270-280 and I was messing around in my backyard with a bag of 500 paintballs.

Once I noticed the FSDO a few times (the first should would only go about 30 feet) I decided to pull out the bolt and re-lube it with GoG Greese (dow33) and put in a new battery (even though I had shot less than 500 on the first battery). I only had 50 or so painballs left after that, so I don't know if it helped the FSDO or not.

I'll be playing Sunday so I'll know if it is still acting up then.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:09 AM #4
LGT06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
To be honest with you, I have never had FSDO issues and I am using the SP Firebolt.
Are you using the SP Firebolt with the stock Vibe board? Is the Firebolt what comes stock with the Vibe? I don't even know.

Last edited by LGT06 : 10-28-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:28 AM #5
LGT06

My other concern with possibly changing bolts relates to the stock one being "low force." Would changing to the L7 without breech eyes cause chopping?
Old 10-28-2011, 11:55 AM #6
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is Legendary
I am using the firebolt with the stock board, yes. It does not come stock. But even before i switched bolts, I dont think i ever had that issue. And I have still never chopped a ball after switching.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 PM #7
sl1980able

sweet in the same boat. I think mine is at the shop. Ill let you know with what I experience. So far though no fsdo for me. I'm doing the QEV as well. So I'll be messing with it at my house and the paintball shop. I also have a stock board too. Blackheart was going to be the last mod anyway.
sl1980able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:03 PM #8
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
I haven't had FSDO at all. All my vibes have been rentals. Once they have been cleaned up and orings replaced,they shoot just fine. Actually like they just came out of the box.

Vibes just need some TLC. I only use stock boards (multi fire modes). I use either KILA or Orange detents. I have an Orange bolt in one of my Vibes and SP1 both work excellent for me.

I just built another Vibe with a used L7 bolt. I'll let you know how it works when I get it all together.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 11-06-2011, 08:24 PM #9
fenixmark

when your lubing the bolt are you plastering it on? somestimes less is more, also make sure you have no lube on the inside of the donut shaped collar that sits on the bolt it produces a drag like effect which would potentially be the reason for FSDO. you might want to give you regs a look over too.

go on you tube and search a lube video.
fenixmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:39 PM #10
LGT06

Thumbs up Seems OK Now

Thanks for your input, everybody.

I hadn't done any lubing myself when I first noticed the FSDO, it was newly out of the box and was lubed from the factory. When I noticed the issue I took the bolt out and there was plenty of lube. It may have been too much in fact, I'm not sure.

Since then I've used a paper towel to remove all the lube it came with from the factory, and applied Monkey Poo lube. I played at my local field Saturday (a week later than I originally had hoped) and I didn't notice any FSDO in the four hours I was there.

I'm not going to change anything unless I notice problems again. If the FSDO comes back I will make sure to wipe any lube off the inside of the bolt stop "donut" piece, because I did reapply a bit of Monkey Poo on the inside of it when I had it out.

As of now things seems OK. I really don't want to have to open up the regulator, so hopefully things will continue to work without FSDO. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 PM #11
fenixmark

well if its working now dont do anything to it, if its not broken dont fix it haha
fenixmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 AM #12
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is Legendary
Glad to hear that everything is working out now. Just remember to always clean your parts and use a very thin layer of lube to avoid issues such as this in the future. Now, go shoot some people out!