Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 06:56 PM #22
Charsha1
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
not to make an excuse for the refs but i have been called out for vertical spray even at the national level.
Charsha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2011, 07:14 PM #23
ReturnOFOneder
HB 2012!!!!
 
ReturnOFOneder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
ReturnOFOneder owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ReturnOFOneder plays in the APPA D4 division
ReturnOFOneder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogz
I'm just glad another p.a team didn't win again shout out to zodiac killers
Why are you such a PA hater, bro? If you don't want a PA team to win then you should maybe play better instead of coming on the EPL thread and spreading your hate after every event.

Congrats to zodiac on there win and I hope to see you guys out there next season.
__________________

ReturnOFOneder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:35 PM #24
ReturnOFOneder
HB 2012!!!!
 
ReturnOFOneder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
ReturnOFOneder owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ReturnOFOneder plays in the APPA D4 division
ReturnOFOneder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
You can't blame chad for having the event in the snow. As previously stated, people had already invested too much time and money to be there for that event. It sucked but it's snow. Deal with it.

As for the reffing;
It was bad. Plain and simple. There's room for improvement. I'm not even going to get into a long drawn out elaboration. Short and sweet; the reffing could be better. Calls could be made QUICKER and with more AUTHORITY. If a player is arguing and talking back then grab him and push him off the field and suspend him for a game.

Field organization; multiple times yesterday I took notice that the refs would be standing around waiting for games to be played or scores to be tallied. And then when it came time to call the games they would realize that the bunkers were dirty and needed air. If you would have added up that time wasted then the finals wouldn't have needed to be played in the dark.

As for the gentlemen that said that the players are to blame. That's crap and here's why; the players pay to be there and want to win and the refs are PAID to be there and ref the game as fair and as just as possible. Players are going to cheat. That's the sorry truth of paintball. So do your job and make the calls.

I have tremendous respect for the refs and Philly notorious does not encourage cheating nor do we tolerate arguing with the refs. This is a very intense sport and it gets hard to control emotions some times but we don't take it out on the refs.

I would like to thank chad and all of the refs for a great year.
__________________


Last edited by ReturnOFOneder : 10-31-2011 at 09:01 PM.
ReturnOFOneder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:19 PM #25
??11??
"Big gay Al"
 
??11??'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
??11?? plays in the PSP
??11?? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
??11?? plays in the APPA D2 division
??11?? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtypb View Post
I HAVE NEVER FELT SO DISRESPECTED BY ANY PLAYERS, as much as i did at this event!!! the

ok were to start about my experience with the epl.....


Reffing: its really funny to me to see many complaints about the reffing because i was a ref for the 2009 and 2010 epl season. To clarify as to why i am no longer a ref its because the ENTIRE ref crew was fired because the players demanded new refs. so good job you complained your selfs into a worse ref crew ( except when rick ghyer was on the field). Another funny thing is that much of the current crew are ex-GPL refs and the biggest problem with the GPL (not MApl) was bad reffing. In all honesty the MAPL REFs are far more motivated to do there job then the epl's.


Prizes: The epl prizes are a joke and you can say what ever you want that "you cant play paintball for money" although i agree that you should not be doing that ,people are. the MAPL offers $2,500 Cash for 1st while the EPL offered 1000(only for cup), 13 Teams played cup while MAPL event 5 had 23(not even including 3man or d3). say whatever u want MAPL is doing something better

dates: The fact that the epl scheduled there dates for the same days as the mapl is just DUMB. I would have loved to play both Leagues but for the most part i had to choose one or the other.

disrespectful players: I know im going to take flak for this but some of the epl players need to get over themselves. YOU ARE NOT PRO PLAYERS WHO CAN DEMAND THINGS, YOU ARE D4!!!!. When you go to a PSP/ Nppl event the refs are going to eat some of you alive. You are not going to be able to scream at a ref at a psp event and not get a penalty. You cant play on for 10 seconds and not expect to get a penalty

Reffing part 2: zodiac killers played with the same refs as everyone else and were not from lvp so there was no home-field bull****. The won because they played the best


-Alex
__________________
Professor!!.. Lava!!.. Hot!!
Minions: 2006- 2011
Dynasty 2:2011-2012
Philly Energy 2013-
??11?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 PM #26
ForeverZero143
Pump Revolution
 
ForeverZero143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Strong Island, NY
ForeverZero143 works for a Paintball manufacturer
ForeverZero143 plays in the APPA D4 division
The best part about Zodiak was that it was the first time in 4 yrs that 2 of their players even put on equipment. Two more of the players only started playing again 3 months ago and the last kid plays only events doesnt practice. It was the first time the 5 of those guys EVER took the field together.
ForeverZero143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 PM #27
DragonTimmyWarRRioR
Jesus
 
DragonTimmyWarRRioR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ??11?? View Post

Reffing part 2: zodiac killers played with the same refs as everyone else and were not from lvp so there was no home-field bull****. The won because they played the best


-Alex
I played with the Zodiac killers and we experienced some of the SAME bs calls everyone dealt with, unfortunately I just let it go and understood it's paintball, I have reffed my fair share of events and I know what it's like,
in the end, it's true, everyone played on the same field, with the same reffs, with no favoring at all. So in the long run, if the calls were BS just know that everyone dealt with the same things. The reffs absolutely took their time with blowing up those bunkers though for sure lol

All in all I had fun, and enjoyed the feel of playing again after such a long break, props to all the teams that battled and fought with heart, everyone brought their game
__________________
DragonTimmyWarRRioR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:26 AM #28
Newbie21
 
 
Newbie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I believe things should improve time after time though. That's the reason why we always try to be better, in this case paintball.
Same reason why we all expect better shooting markers, lighter, more air efficient, more CONSISTENT, and all the other stuff that we all know we want.
Same reason why we all want our cell phones to be better every year.
Same reason why we all expect better reffing at all different sports.
Same goes for reffing and hosting events in paintball...
Now the question is, are we going to be just complacent and say "That's the way it is? Deal with it."
Newbie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:35 AM #29
Newbie21
 
 
Newbie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
To the Zodiac Killers, congratulations! I think you guys make a wonderful story for sure.
To the Philly Notorious guys, congratulations as well. I believe you guys took first overall for 2011, an achievent for sure.
Newbie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:06 AM #30
LIPaintbller1834
Jake is large
 
LIPaintbller1834's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island NY
LIPaintbller1834 plays in the PSP
LIPaintbller1834 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LIPaintbller1834 supports Team VICIOUS
LIPaintbller1834 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverZero143 View Post
The best part about Zodiak was that it was the first time in 4 yrs that 2 of their players even put on equipment. Two more of the players only started playing again 3 months ago and the last kid plays only events doesnt practice. It was the first time the 5 of those guys EVER took the field together.
Congrats on your first place finish but...do you want a cookie?
__________________
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
6Three1
HiVi Wrecking Crew || Wolfpack III

Meadowlands Paintball || High Velocity Paintball LTD
LIPaintbller1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 AM #31
sticktodrum
Lovable Prince of Parody
 
sticktodrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City
sticktodrum owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sticktodrum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sticktodrum has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Does the heavy-set extra corpulent fellow still ref?
sticktodrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:13 AM #32
Phant0m Chief
~[{Pete}]~#12
 
Phant0m Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly *215*
Phant0m Chief plays in the PSP
Phant0m Chief owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Phant0m Chief plays in the APPA D4 division
should have been postponed as stated. and also terrible reffing as expected
__________________
Vindictive
Phant0m Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:17 AM #33
jjdogz
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Annual Supporting Member
jjdogz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jjdogz supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOFOneder View Post
Why are you such a PA hater, bro? If you don't want a PA team to win then you should maybe play better instead of coming on the EPL thread and spreading your hate after every event.

Congrats to zodiac on there win and I hope to see you guys out there next season.
I don't need to hate I'm just telling the truth listen bro we don't hate u guys this is paintball things like this is gonna always happen u guys are like the only team in p.a that's actually good some of us just feel the reffs have there favorites and we all know some of those reffs are from lvp field but like I said some of us can't blame everything on the reffs either life goes on we're just speaking our mind and we have a right to do that people spend money to play at EPl events and people have a right to get a fair game at these events as well so we will see each other again. Next season if there is one
__________________
Action Town Sports
R.I.P NYC PAINTBALL
R.i.P zj's
TEAM BPS O.G..
TopGun Paintball
HiVi Paintball
Social Paintball
jjdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:26 AM #34
jjdogz
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Annual Supporting Member
jjdogz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jjdogz supports DLX Technology
Some of u people gotta understand people is gonna always leave feed back on EPl drama like this happens in all sports EPl can't be that bad because were all gonna still play EPl and were still gonna come out and play and have some fun
__________________
Action Town Sports
R.I.P NYC PAINTBALL
R.i.P zj's
TEAM BPS O.G..
TopGun Paintball
HiVi Paintball
Social Paintball
jjdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:14 AM #35
Frenzy19
P@iNtB@LL3r4L!f3
 
Frenzy19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Frenzy19 plays in the PSP
Frenzy19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Frenzy19 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Frenzy19 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogz View Post
I don't need to hate I'm just telling the truth listen bro we don't hate u guys this is paintball things like this is gonna always happen u guys are like the only team in p.a that's actually good some of us just feel the reffs have there favorites and we all know some of those reffs are from lvp field but like I said some of us can't blame everything on the reffs either life goes on we're just speaking our mind and we have a right to do that people spend money to play at EPl events and people have a right to get a fair game at these events as well so we will see each other again. Next season if there is one
i agree with this here. exactly how i feel, but hey we keep going back right?
__________________
...STOKED...
Est. 2011
Baller For Life - B@LL Till' U DrOP
The Grind Continues!!!
Enflict - Jim Pica Foto - Paintball Authority
Frenzy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 AM #36
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
MisfitKillaz plays in the PSP
MisfitKillaz is an NCPA player
MisfitKillaz plays in the APPA D4 division
Im happy you players have your opinions about the refs that play at the same field as us, you are entitled to them and from the outside perspective i can understand how you players feel the way you do. I'd like to put in my opinion. I think ive proved time and time again this year that I dont care for the reffing crew and if i were them id hate me right back. I do not have what you would even consider close to a good relationship with these refs and you're right, they do play at the same field as my team. The fact that players think we would be getting good calls from the reffing crew is hilarious to myself and chad because we know the history, and like i said, from an outsider i understand your point of view. I would like however that you stop looping us in with the pa teams that you think got better calls then the rest of you. Anyone who was at event 5 knows that my team has taken the worst of these so-called favorable calls. My overall opinion, I dont think the refs were favorable to anyone, at all. Sorry, but the best teams won the events and series.
MisfitKillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:48 PM #37
Biggest Johnson
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: new york
Biggest Johnson owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The refs were way to lax. Multiple persons with gogle hits asking for a check! For the most part eliminated people were slow to leave bunker and go to designated area. Too many mutual eliminations or trade outs.
While some of this is the refs allot is up to the players. Every one was looking for that magic bounce!
Referees need to get real togh in the 2012 season and whip the players into shape!
Biggest Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 PM #38
DJProduction$
DJProductions
 
DJProduction$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Wales, PA
DJProduction$ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Stos don't start anything you weren't even there. And as a man who was at EVERY EPL this year, I know that there can be some questionable calls. BUT the EPL in coordination with Chad and all his helpers, put on a great series of event throughout the year. There has been some great sportsmanship and lots of fun shared between everybody. I know the PA boys all had a Great time along with KM Factory, Bklyn K-OS and Zodiac Killers. We hope that the EPL will be back around next and we can all have more fun playing the sport we all love and want to see grow even bigger than it already is. CHAD... GREAT JOB this year Buddy.

DJProductions Reppin' the 215 shoutout to ALL that came to this event.
It was Fun while it lasted
__________________
Damian Pierce
DJProductions Photography
DJProduction$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:45 PM #39
Newbie21
 
 
Newbie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I agree with MisfitKillaz, I don't think there was any kind of favoritism towards any team.
I just pointed out other things that I believe should have been done differently.
Newbie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:45 PM #40
Newbie21
 
 
Newbie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
We should have had the event today.
Newbie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:07 PM #41
ReturnOFOneder
HB 2012!!!!
 
ReturnOFOneder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
ReturnOFOneder owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ReturnOFOneder plays in the APPA D4 division
ReturnOFOneder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie21
We should have had the event today.
Daylight savings time. We would have been playing an hour or more of the tourney in the dark
__________________

ReturnOFOneder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:06 PM #42
jstadler
 
 
jstadler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
jstadler plays in the PSP
jstadler plays in the APPA D2 division
so is there really no epl anymore? i cant believe all of what im hearing and epl south never died due to terrible events or bad ref calls with the epl. teams from va either have died at the d4/d5 level or have moved on/combined and have been playing the psp at the national level(ex. Richmond United, Seek and Destroy, Richmond Rage) I cant say anything for the Carolina teams because I'm not from there but if it wasn't for what chad and his staff had brought to our area none of these teams or mine would have made it
__________________
SYNDICATE
"Most likely I'm gonna die with my finger on the trigger"
www.wearthelifestyle.com
Even when you can't see Him... God IS there... if you have accepted Jesus as your personal lord and saviour, put this in your sig, if not, you should reexamine your life
jstadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump