Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-05-2011, 10:20 AM #43
BlackMagic2638
-Mikey2Shot-

BlackMagic2638 plays in the USPL
BlackMagic2638 plays in the PSP
BlackMagic2638 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Canceling one of the more popular lower division formats and leaving 20+ teams an event, usually across two divisions, to either find more people to play 5 man or not play does not make for happy customers. This whole raceto 4 thing is simply catering to the higher skilled teams and leaving the newer players out in the dark. Also I think capping any regional league division at 8 teams just simply wouldn't be cost effective for the field that it runs on, especially when that field would require score boards.
BlackMagic2638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2011, 01:22 PM #44
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Boss
I think the true proposition is to replace the D2/D3 Race to 2 division with the proposed D3 Race to 4 division.

I realize I made a mistake in saying canceling 3 man.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:28 PM #45
TUPAPI13
F.A.C.K.

Annual Supporting Member
TUPAPI13 plays in the USPL
TUPAPI13 plays in the PSP
I been playing the gpl now for 3 years. I started out playing the lower division 3 & 5 man formats. So i will say that i would not like to see those divisions being cancelled because everyone has to start somewhere and what better place to do it than the gpl. Now, having progressed, and playing nationals, it comes a time when a race to 4 format is what fits for the higher divisions. Granted, there is still a D3 race to 2 format in the psp but what happens after you get ranked up and havent participated in any race to 4 format. What better way to get you prepared nationally playing a race to 4 like we did playing 3 & 5 man in the lower divisions. It would be nice to have a regional tournament that can provide this and with all the fields that oacc has, i see it as being possible. To the user that stated " i dont see what the sudden urge is to have a race to 4 format" This is something we've been wanting to have for years. I believe that with the USPA being ran at oacc as well, it just boosted up that type of play alot more. Also with alot of teams bumping up after this year, i think it would be a good idea to have this option available as well.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 AM #46
yanks914
Toomey.

yanks914 plays in the PSP
yanks914 donated to help Peyton Trent
yanks914 plays in the APPA D3 division
I think the best idea would be keeping 3 man and D4/D5 5 man and making race-to-4 either D3 with PSP rules or just an open division in general.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:34 PM #47
Tyler Hull
Tyler "Taz" Hull

Just an idea from my stand point... 3man on Saturday like always and D4/D5, D3 5man on Sunday. Theres also this idea of D3 race to 4 division which could be ran on both days. It would allow for the same divisions to be ran and then the new one to be added if possible. And to the D3 player in D4/D5 would be dumb cause it would just allow a team to sand bag, and I think you should allow only 1 or 2 D2 on a D3 roster instead of D2/D3 5man.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:58 PM #48
yanks914
Toomey.

yanks914 plays in the PSP
yanks914 donated to help Peyton Trent
yanks914 plays in the APPA D3 division
Also another thing I just thought of. People were saying that the GPL should not be made into a multi-day event. I am sure that teams would sacrifice having to play two days in order to play Race-to-4.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 AM #49
Tyler Hull
Tyler "Taz" Hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks914 View Post
Also another thing I just thought of. People were saying that the GPL should not be made into a multi-day event. I am sure that teams would sacrifice having to play two days in order to play Race-to-4.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:19 PM #50
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks914 View Post
Majority of our players can't afford multi day event. Multiple Hotels night, multiple meals on the road. Some people work Saturday. Its the comfort of a Regional League. Remember we are not National event. We are a stepping stone into National Events. When we ran the 7man as a 2 day event, 90% of the teams asked to do whatever we could do to make it run in 1 day.
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:38 PM #51
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

d0cwh0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
race to 4 is the way to go....or collegiate style xball...
Old 11-29-2011, 06:29 PM #52
Biggest Johnson

Biggest Johnson owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Like the race to idea. The air in the pits is paramount!
Race to 3 even works.

Will this be done with the 3 man also?
Biggest Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote